1.    #1  
    I recently purchased a bluetooth headset. It pairs nicely with the 650, the white background and blue "B" logo in the top corner and everything, but after a few seconds the Treo will un-pair (I guess) and the Bluetooth logo will go back to the familiar blue oval and the headset will show that it is not paired. Is there any known issue with the Treo 650 Hardware B and bluetooth pairing? Has anyone else ever had this problem?
    The headset is still paired, just not connected to your Treo. I guess this is the way Palm designed it in order to save battery life. Whenever a call comes in or if you make a call, the Treo should automatically re-connect with your headset. The only problem is that it can take a while for the headset to connect. I find that whenever I'm answering a call, I have to make sure I say hello on the Treo first otherwise, by the time the headset has finally been connected the other person has hung up. I sometimes have to do the same when making a call if the person picks up quickly.

Pretty poor design on Palm's part IMO. The headset and phone are supposed to stay connected at all times until it is manually disconnected. On my A900, the headset was always connected and whenever I would make or answer calls, the transfer was basically instant.
  3.    #3  
    Well that stinks since it seems that this headset has an auto-off feature. It turns itself off when not paired for a certain amount of time. Is there any way around the Palm problem?
  4.    #4  
    Alright, I think I beat this thing! I re-paired the headset as a car kit, and it has been several minutes with the headset continuously connected to the phone! It still works like a headset should, except now it stays connected to the phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Alright, I think I beat this thing! I re-paired the headset as a car kit, and it has been several minutes with the headset continuously connected to the phone! It still works like a headset should, except now it stays connected to the phone!
    Hmm..that's a good idea, I might have to try that...

EDIT: didn't work for me, bluetooth still only connects during a call, not before. I have a Plantronics Voyager 510 btw.
    Last edited by Trevante; 03/09/2007 at 12:39 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Well, this is strange. Now that it is set up as a car kit it is much softer than when it is in headset mode. Hmm. More tweaking is necessary.