1.    #1  
    I recieved my card yesterday and was wondering why it only shows 3.5 gb? Do I need to format it on my Treo first, or can someone explain what is going on please?
    Quote Originally Posted by theradioinside View Post
    I recieved my card yesterday and was wondering why it only shows 3.5 gb? Do I need to format it on my Treo first, or can someone explain what is going on please?
    What OS are you using? Does it support 8G?
    If it's only showing 3.5gb on the PC, there might be a problem. But, on the Treo it will only show up to 4gb until you fill the first 4gb up. When you reach that, it will start over, showing the remaining 4gb available.
    If you know this already then disregard if not hopefully it will help:

If youre using the 700P version, make sure you have the hack installed.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  5.    #5  
    i do have the custom rom for the 650 however i did not format the card and first thing it showed 3.5 gb avaiable is that why
    Fill it to 4gb and then see what it says...
  7.    #7  
    maybe i should try that and then see but my first concern was if that i had a messed up card
  8.    #8  
    i filled up with past 4 gigs and it still only reads 3.5 what is the problem should i erase everything and format the card or does anyone here own this carld also and have any suggestions
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theradioinside View Post
    i filled up with past 4 gigs and it still only reads 3.5 what is the problem should i erase everything and format the card or does anyone here own this card also and have any suggestions
    That sounds okay, then. The T650 can only recognise up to 4Gb, but if you use Card Export II, you should be able to see the whole volume (about 7.6Gb). A SDHC card reader should also show the same in Windows.

BTW, in case you didn't know, 4Gb does not really mean 4Gb available due to differences in measuring volume. A 4Gb card will have only about 3.something available.

Hope that helps.
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650