1. nsp
    Hello, I just loaded my new software for the 650, I use Act for Palm as my contact managment software. I renamed the backup folder as per the sticky on this site. For some reason, the treo thinks it is hotsyncing with the ACT but nothing is showing up. I changed my userid from the 600 to a new id for the 650. Also, it requires a hard reset after each hotsync. I have been searching this site to no avail. Any thoughts?

Thank you, NSP
    If you changed your userid from the 600 to the 650 -- there is no contact information for the hotsync to find -- it is still under the old user id. . . . .

I do not use Act -- but I think the following will leave everything that you have done in place and get you on your way. .. . . .

Infared Beam your PIM data from your 600 to your 650.
    Contacts
    Tasks
    Calendar
    Memos

For each -- go into the application, select menu, select Beam Category, select ALL, and beam away.

Then hotsync the 650 to it's new userid and all the PIM data you just beamed to the 650 will go upstream to that userid on your PC.

Cheers, Perry.
    If you're going to do it the way Perry suggested, you should set up your Categories on the 650 first. Then beam each Category over. If you don't, you'll have to recategorize your contacts, memos, tasks and calendar individually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    If you're going to do it the way Perry suggested, you should set up your Categories on the 650 first. Then beam each Category over. If you don't, you'll have to recategorize your contacts, memos, tasks and calendar individually...
    Cleaning up after me again. . .Thanks . . . and I did not mean that in a sexist way either.
    I learned the hard way. Everytime I would "clean install" my 650, I would rush to beam my contacts over, only to have to delete them so I could set up the Categories again. Grrrrrrr...

(I would never expect a sexist comment from you, Perry )
  6. nsp
    Somehow, I was able to bring the contacts over to the palm but now it reads that I have an older version of act for palm on my handset and it will not allow me to open ACT on the treo.

Also, it does a soft reset after each hotsync. Is there a fix for that?

Thank you for your help....
    Can you hotsync to back up. . . . .

Remove Act from the Treo . . .

And reinstall Act with the latest version?
  8. nsp
    Perry, it worked!!! Thank you......

Oh, the soft reset was because I had the hotsync setting to backup at every hotsync so it was doing an automatic soft reset. I think it is working fine now...

Thanks....

NSP
    Excellent !!
  10. nsp
    Perry, I spoke too soon, turns out .... while using ACT on the treo she soft resets every few seconds. As I spend more time researching, my setup ACT 6.0 and palm for act software doesn't work well on the 650. I wish I read this first...I would have kept old faithful 600.

Well, I just posted on Treo OS section of this site inquiring about the newer act for palm 2.0...I hope that works .....

Thanks again...