1.    #1  
    The plastic oval that covers the speaker on my treo (not the loudspeaker on the back, the speaker on the upper front where you listen when on a call) is loose / wiggling.

It's bothering me, so I wanted to just rip the thign off, but don't want the speaker to come off with it. Does anyone know if that can just come off without causing problems?
    Wouldn't you rather find a way to tighten it down?
  3.    #3  
    No, I'd rather remove it if it is feasible, do you know if it is?

(btw, how did those programs I suggested work out for you?)
    My speaker cover fell off about 2 months ago. I haven't noticed any problems.
  5.    #5  
    Is the actual speaker exposed, or is there anything protecting it?

(also, did you notice it get any louder, even slightly, when that piece came off? I imagine it must block a little bit of noise, so I'm actually looking forward to a slight volume boost, as my hearing is horrible (damn subwoofers while in high school...)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeity View Post
    No, I'd rather remove it if it is feasible, do you know if it is?

(btw, how did those programs I suggested work out for you?)
    I actually had to go back and look for what program you were referring to. I never went back to the "Useful Programs" thread, so I never saw your last post. I'm excited...I'm going to go check it out now. I got so sick of all the different conversion processes, I stopped making movies for the kids. Maybe this is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks a lot!!
  7.    #7  
    let me know how it works out

Anyone else attest to the safety of just tearing that piece off? We have 1 anecdotal success story, I'm just afraid that when I rip it off, the speaker may come with it or something...
    I had the same problem with my Treo 650! I guess I dropped it one too many times! I removed mine and it works without a problem, however I would really like to fine another case to replace the one I have. I am worried water could get in and ruin the ear speaker! Anybody have any ideas???
    I know when I modded my 650's case to put in a lanyard, that covering was just plastic and the front of the speaker shouldnt be affected when you take that off.

of course it depends on how hard on your Treo you are. Is it in a case etc etc.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  10.    #10  
    Ya he's in a half shell (aluminum), and it protects most of him. Cool, I'm taking it off!