1.    #1  
    I don't use it often, so I'm not sure when it broke. But I am now no longer able to send email using Chattermail, on either of my email accounts (different servers). All I get is a message "SMTP Cnct" in the bottom right-hand corner. I'm using the latest unstable version, which used to work fine (I think).

Thanks!
    Nope, works fine for me, check your smtp server and login settings to make sure they're correct.
    No problems for me.
    Working great for me. Could be your server or maybe some settings on your Treo got messed up. I recently had an account that it could no longer connect to (even after a soft reset), but everything worked fine after I went into the mailbox settings in Chatter and then saved the setting (I just closed the settings dialog and I didn't make any changes).
    Still working on my wife's 700p. Chatter is no longer on my Treo (for now).
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    You should have contacted Sprint to determine the needed password information - Sprint has multiple passwords (two of them). I am another Sprint/ChatterEmail user.

Ben
    Works for me too, try to re-enter your Screen Name & Password in Chatter, that should fix it.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by IDtheTarget View Post
    I don't use it often, so I'm not sure when it broke. But I am now no longer able to send email using Chattermail, on either of my email accounts (different servers). All I get is a message "SMTP Cnct" in the bottom right-hand corner. I'm using the latest unstable version, which used to work fine (I think).

Thanks!
    Could be Sprint had a Vision outtage in your area. I know here in Virginia Beach, VA there was an outtage for about 2 hours on 3/7.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Sprint needed to authenticate me when I used their smtp with Chatter on the Treo. After I was authenticated everything worked fine.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    If you using Chatteremail to connect to an Exchange server and updated it OTA to version 3.0.6.1+ or later, you have to go the new home of the EX Plugin:

http://www.explugin.com/

Without it you will not be able to send e-mail.
  11.    #11  
    I haven't been using exchange, just IMAP/SSL and SSL/TLS.

I deleted both email accounts under Chatter and then re-created them, and now I can send email.

Strange, but hey, it works, so I'm happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by IDtheTarget View Post

Thanks!
    Check if your Causerie subscription has expired, and it's constantly trying to connect with the mother ship and stupidly failing, while hogging the internet connection.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    The server is working fine. Subscription expired message appears if the subscription runs out.
    IDTheTarget -

I've had a similar problem. It will periodically hang on SMTP cnct/hello or do the same with Exchange. Usually CTRl-R will fix it; sometimes it is only remedied by a soft reset. I too am on Sprint. Where are you located geographically?

I ran this problem through the traps with Marc a few weeks back and he was convinced it was not Chatter related.

For my part, it was really bad for a while. Then it hardly happened at all last week, and now it is happening maybe once or twice a day, which is bearable.