1.    #1  
    I just got my new unlocked 680 this morning! I was totally psyched until I tried to access the web. Based upon what I had been told - I wouldn't have any problems with the web or messaging having purchased the unlocked version. When I was not able to access the web, I called my service provider (regrettably Dobson Cellular One). I was told by their tech dept that there was nothing I could do since "it's not one of our phones." I remember once before when I had purchased an unlocked phone (that they did not carry) they sent me settings to my phone and everything worked perfectly. Any advice?
    If they provide "data" as well as phone service to other phones in their stable -- it would seem that they could give you the correct settings. If they provide no data/Internet access on their system -- then you are out of luck.

I would try a different tech or going into a store and asking. I would also approach learning how their other phones connect to the Internet -- that may lead you to how to set the 680.

Do you have or pay for data service? If that is not set up on you phone number -- that may be the block right there. . . .

System>Prefs>Network . . . . these settings need to be set.
  3.    #3  
    I am moving from a Motorola Razr (I carried both the Razr & a Palm TX - thought I'd consolidate). I definitely have data services when using my Razr. I can access email, mobile websites, etc so I don't think it's an issue of not having data services UNLESS it's a different type of data service that's required to use a Treo. Also - in looking at the phone itself. I don't even see where I'd enter the settings if I got them from my other phone. I think you are right - I will go into a store today and see if they can be of any more help than the tech I got on the phone this morning! Thanks!
    See if you manual or the Palm web site has any pointers on creating a "Network" data connection for an unbranded 680 . . . .

VersaMail
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...ase=obj(41579)
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/07/2007 at 12:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Also - in looking at the phone itself. I don't even see where I'd enter the settings if I got them from my other phone. I think you are right - I will go into a store today and see if they can be of any more help than the tech I got on the phone this morning! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    System>Prefs>Network . . . . these settings need to be set.
    This is where you would enter the settings...
    also try MoHiSpeed.

It knows a lot of providers and does the setup for you. providing your provider has Data (as mentioned above) it will work.

http://www.novamedia.de/index_e.html

J.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone. I took it to the local Cellular One store. The guys that work there were so excited to get their hands on the 680 - they gladly adjusted the settings for me. Thanks again!!
    Excellent !!

Enjoy!