Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone done the DST update from Palm? I tried it and havent got "Your settings have been successfully updated" screen as described by Palm.

Selecting DSTUpdater immediately does a soft reset. I am not sure if this is part of the update process or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryichek View Post
    Has anyone done the DST update from Palm? I tried it and havent got "Your settings have been successfully updated" screen as described by Palm.

Selecting DSTUpdater immediately does a soft reset. I am not sure if this is part of the update process or not.

I did the update. There was no reset upon selecting the DSTUpdater; instead, I got a popup message saying that this would update my Daylight Saving Time settings and asking me if I wanted to proceed (or something along those lines) and I selected "OK." Then I DID get the "Update Successful" popup box, saying "Your device has been updated to the new Daylight Saving Time settings" and I again selected "OK."
    Mine did just the same as poster #2
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    Great, all I get is a soft reset.

This is a little frustrating. Its not like Palm didnt know this DST thing was going to happen. You would think it would have already been part of the firmware.
    Last edited by kryichek; 03/07/2007 at 10:45 AM.
  5.    #5  
    I finally got this to work. In Date & Time preferences I had to change from Automatically update to Manual Update and select a city. Once I did that the DSTUpdate worked w/o a soft reset.
    I finally got this to work. In Date & Time preferences I had to change from Automatically update to Manual Update and select a city. Once I did that the DSTUpdate worked w/o a soft reset.
    I always keep mine on manual, so maybe that's why I didn't experience any problems. Seems like this might be something Palm should tell folks in the instructions for the patch, huh?!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I always keep mine on manual, so maybe that's why I didn't experience any problems. Seems like this might be something Palm should tell folks in the instructions for the patch, huh?!
    That would have been nice. However it should have just been part of the firmware. This wasnt some big surprise, it was 2 years in the making.
    Thanks for the tip kryicheck, I haven't done the update yet but this is just the type of thing that causes undue stress. Another thing, I believe I read that one should make sure that the calendar is in sync with the desktop before the patch is applied.
    Once completed, does the icon/file need to stay on the phone itself, or can it now be deleted?
    The update will have to be reapplied after a hard reset. Recommend keeping on SD card.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    You really dont need a patch for the DST changes.
    I changed it manually like this:
    Click on Prefs, Date&Time, Location, scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Edit List. Find your location, and change the START to Second Sunday of March and change the END to First Sunday of November. Click OK.
    JW
    I did the OTA DST update yesterday. It gave me all the indications that my settings were updated...but I guess I won't know it worked until Sunday.
    i had same trouble as kry. unfortunately, his solution doesn't work for me. any other ideas?
    Seems to have updated ok; I unchecked getting the time from network as a precaution as advised above (now I'm wondering whether to set it back now or later ). All this on a 700p not a 680. Tomorrow we shall see...
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    You really dont need a patch for the DST changes.
    I changed it manually like this:
    Click on Prefs, Date&Time, Location, scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Edit List. Find your location, and change the START to Second Sunday of March and change the END to First Sunday of November. Click OK.
    Hmmmm. Was that in there too? Very perceptive! I hope it works.
    Well...my DST update either didn't "take" after the OTA download...or isn't working. It is officially 2:40am right now CST, and I have just had to manually set my phone clock on World Clock to that time from the 1:40am it displayed. AND...I cannot get it to display my corrected time on corresponding CST areas like Dallas, Chicago...etc. According to the World Clock...it's still 1:40am CST. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I am kind of upset that this Palm update didn't work at all!!!
    Mine didn't work either...
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Mine worked. I didn't have automatic time sync with my network enabled (I don't use Network time). I woke up this AM and saw there was an alert (the yellow bell on the left upper corner of screen) telling me my time has been changed to daylight savings time.
    Last edited by DocGo; 03/11/2007 at 05:33 AM.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Last month I installed the Palm DSTupdater and verified in the Date&Time app that locations had the new upcoming DST date. In other words, it took...

This morning my 680 did not SEEM to automatically "spring forward" and did not update the time by 1 hour as it was an hour behind DST.

My expectation was that the DST hour forward adjustment would happen automatically even though I don't use Network Time.

In World Clock, the Sunrise/Sunset app indicates that today's sunrise is on DST so that indicates to me that the Palm DSTupdater worked in that regard.

Out of curiosity, I unchecked the This location observes Daylight Savings Time checkbox in the Edit Location app and the time on the 680 reverted back one hour... which is in effect now 2 hours behind now that DST is in effect here???????

I'm not sure what's happening with my 680 at the moment.

Anyway, to try and get everything back in sync, with the This location observes Daylight Savings Time now unchecked, I set the 680 time to what it should've been if we weren't observing DST and went back and checked the This location observes Daylight Savings Time box and it automatically changed the clock ahead one hour...
    Last edited by Big_OTR_Fan; 03/11/2007 at 06:05 AM.
    I wonder if it only updates the rules that the Calendar and World Clock use....and we have to update the time ourselves? That's what it seems like we are having to do....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast