Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What device/devices would you use to replace? Im just so tired of the bluetooth problems, resets etc.
    so it turns out the sprint treo 755 might show minimal upgrades (according to the future treo thread)

--i think i will look toward the new ppc 6800 from Sprint.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nakkan View Post
    ... tired of the bluetooth problems, resets etc.
    I am not sure what BT problems you are having, but I had problems when I turned it off (to save power). I leave it on 24/7 and haven't had a BT problem in 7 months.
    As to resets, I've had a lot of the (once or twice a day, see thread), but since I did a hard reset, created a new user (so I don't Hot Sync in my old problems) and elimination of all non-essential third party applications (the only one I use is NVBackup), my Treo is perfoming perfectly.
    I know the Treos aren't perfect, but if you try what I did and/or get a new unit from your provider, you should be able to have a stable unit.
    Mine is (for now!)
    My Treo 700P connects to my Treo BT headset 100% of the time and never disconnects.

I do not have resets.

I use all PIM functions, VersaMail and Blazer.
    I sync to the Palm Desktop software.

3RD PARTY Software installed and used:

BOLD = daily or greater usage. (The rest, a minimum of weekly, except for CardSpeed and VFSMark.)

BackupBuddy VFS Pro
    Bejeweled
    CardKeeper
    CardSpeed VFS
    Chess Tiger
    Core Player
    DiddleBug
    Diet Assistant
    Documents to Go 8.0
    Due Yesterday (Student software linked w/ daughter)
    eReaderPro
    EZConvert
    FileZ
    finCalc
    GoogleMaps
    iPedia
    Kinoma 4Ex
    KwikMaps
    MegaClock
    MobileTS
    Monopoly
    Movie Guide (Leonard Maltin)
    mSafe
    mVoice
    On Demand (or Pocket Express)
    Pocket Checkers
    Pocket Chess
    Pocket Quicken
    Pocket Tunes
    RealPlayer
    Silent Threat
    SlovoEd
    Snap
    Solitare
    Sprint TV
    TextPlus
    TimeReporter4
    TreoCiel
    VFSMark
    VoiceDial
    VolumeCare

20mb of internal memory free, 4gb SD card (340mb left free)

My only "issue" has been a 2-3 second lag, on occassion, coming out of an internet connected application. I would buy my 700P, again, no question.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/07/2007 at 12:31 PM.
    I recently abandoned my 700P (Verizon) and went with a Blackberry 8073e. It certainly doesn't have anywhere near all the 3rd party apps (I reeeeely miss LJP) as well as some of the other features (bluetooth file exchange, etc). However I will say that the Blackberry hasn't had *ANY* of the problems I had with my fourth 700P -

No random reboots

No SMS lockups (THANK GOD)

No bluetooth headset disconnects

No Versastink/Chatter/etc email problems

I will say it's (teh BB) different, and it doesn't feel as versatile as the P was, but I'm happy with the upgrades in uptime and productivity.

I guess it's all a matter of what features are most important to you. I really wish Verizon and Palm would have provided a fix sooner - I would have loved to stay with the P, but for a ~$600 device it ought to work PERFECT from the very beginning. 6 months and four devices later I had to throw in the towel.

(but I might have been the exception rather than the norm... not really sure)

Colin
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i too would move to Blackberry..
    I'd consider the 6800 that's coming out in a few months.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    ...elimination of all non-essential third party applications (the only one I use is NVBackup...
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    BackupBuddy VFS Pro
    VolumeCare...
    I didn't mean to imply that the 3rd party apps were the root of the problem, rather that I want to go v-e-r-y slowly. I now have a Treo that is problem free for a few weeks. I will add one new application (as desired) every few weeks. I'm sure the Hard Reset fixed the problem, but I want to be sure.
    I didn't mean to imply that the 3rd party apps were the root of the problem, rather that I want to go v-e-r-y slowly. I now have a Treo that is problem free for a few weeks. I will add one new application (as desired) every few weeks. I'm sure the Hard Reset fixed the problem, but I want to be sure.
    Hi Haroldo!!

Good idea!

However, third party apps or apps conflicts can be a problem -- I just posted to let others know that there is at least one example of a somewhat loaded 700p out there not having reset-itis. (My 650 was trouble free for it's 23 month run, as well.)

You may want to look into www.northglide.com -- their products allow you to install, test and uninstall 3rd party apps safely. . . .

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    You know, when I first got my Treo, I couldn't wait to get the applications installed. Now that I am trying a new tactic, I realized that (other than NVBackup and Noah Pro...me have limited vocabulary and speak with people who use big words) I really don't need anything. Sure, some of the applications are cool, but the base Treo does, pretty much, what I need, that is, phone, tasks, contacts and calendar.
    Everything else I can live without.
    It would be a BB for me. I've never heard anything bad from the BB users I know. But, man, what I would give for a 700p-like device that had no lag and excellent reception and sound like my old Moto Star Tac and then e815.

Perry, you NEVER have any lag in the phone app? Never hesitates when hanging up? Never "stores" all your button presses in, for example, voicemail and then spurts them all out at once after 10 seconds or so? Maybe I need a replacement 700p. I don't use BT, but I do have lag and the occasional reset, usually with the new Kinoma player that TC said was the best app ever. What a joke that review was.
    Ahh. . . but life is so much more rich with your favorite apps.. . . . . I have highlighted the ones I use more than daily. . . . . . . I am not sure which are more important to me now . . . the basic PIMs or my 3rd party apps. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    I have horrible lag time
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    It would be a BB for me. I've never heard anything bad from the BB users I know. But, man, what I would give for a 700p-like device that had no lag and excellent reception and sound like my old Moto Star Tac and then e815.

1. Perry, you NEVER have any lag in the phone app? Never hesitates when hanging up? 2. Never "stores" all your button presses in, for example, voicemail and then spurts them all out at once after 10 seconds or so? Maybe I need a replacement 700p. I don't use BT, but I do have lag and the occasional reset, usually with the new Kinoma player that TC said was the best app ever. What a joke that review was.
    Hi danspalmone!!

1. 1 second at most for the the hang up screen to disappear (Yes, the 650 was faster at this.)

2. You are surely going to jinx me -- No -- I have never had this happen.

The only lag I have seen thus far is a 2-3 second white screen when leaving an Internet application. (Blazer, On Demand, Sprint TV . . . .) and these only happen once in every 5th time? (Haven't figured out a pattern yet -- if there is one to figure out. . .)

Cheers, Perry.
    My Treo 700P connects to my Treo BT headset 100% of the time and never disconnects.

I do not have resets.

I use all PIM functions, VersaMail and Blazer.
    I sync to the Palm Desktop software.

BOLD = daily or greater usage. (The rest, a minimum of weekly, except for CardSpeed and VFSMark.)

BackupBuddy VFS Pro
    Bejeweled
    CardKeeper
    CardSpeed VFS
    Chess Tiger
    Core Player
    DiddleBug
    Diet Assistant
    Documents to Go 8.0
    Due Yesterday (Student software linked w/ daughter)
    eReaderPro
    EZConvert
    FileZ
    finCalc
    GoogleMaps
    iPedia
    Kinoma 4Ex
    KwikMaps
    MegaClock
    MobileTS
    Monopoly
    Movie Guide (Leonard Maltin)
    mSafe
    mVoice
    On Demand (or Pocket Express)
    Pocket Checkers
    Pocket Chess
    Pocket Quicken
    Pocket Tunes
    RealPlayer
    Silent Threat
    SlovoEd
    Snap
    Solitare
    Sprint TV
    TextPlus
    TimeReporter4
    TreoCiel
    VFSMark
    VoiceDial
    VolumeCare

20mb of internal memory free, 4gb SD card (340mb left free)

My only "issue" has been a 2-3 second lag, on occassion, coming out of an internet connected application. I would buy my 700P, again, no question.
    I'm with Perry on this. I have no random resets or any real lag and my Moto H700 stays connected.

My apps are a little different.

Although, I did replace my original (purchased May '06) 700p a couple days ago. The cotton picker forgot it was suppose to turn on with button press. Sprint gave me a new one at no charge.

I will saunter over to a Sprint store to have a look at the 755 when they are suppose to be available in May.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I've been giving long thought on this one. It would pain me to leave the 700p, but if the ROM upgrade that is coming doesn't solve the problems I am having, I may jump ship to the 750 but only if running WM6, or maybe 8525/XV6800 with the same caveat.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I would either go to the 700WX or the 680 if I had to leave the 700P

Or Sherlock if it's any good.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I have been using the "somewhat" new Blackberry 8800 , for last couple of days and find it pretty good? Nothing to complain about. Go to a cingular store and play with it?

previous 600 650 700p treo owner. Also had ppc6700 and 700wx
    Hi danspalmone!!

1. 1 second at most for the the hang up screen to disappear (Yes, the 650 was faster at this.)

2. You are surely going to jinx me -- No -- I have never had this happen.

The only lag I have seen thus far is a 2-3 second white screen when leaving an Internet application. (Blazer, On Demand, Sprint TV . . . .) and these only happen once in every 5th time? (Haven't figured out a pattern yet -- if there is one to figure out. . .)

Cheers, Perry.
    That's the only lag I get as well, but only when I have the device set to clear the cache on exit....and the lag is when that happens, since it doesn't happen if I don't clear the cache on exit....
    Yes I am very tired of the resets also, waiting patiently for the 6800 or whatever verizon calls it, Palm has taken WAY too long for the rom update whilst releasing new phones and a rom update for the no longer sold 650...I loved my treo 650 after the first rom update, but palms lack of info on what they are doing is very disappointing. At this point I would be afraid to update to the next model for fear of the same thing happening to that one. I figure it's time to stop paying palm to release products they don't support properly.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast