lol

Tools at the bottom from left to right are

1 pencil
    2 drag/coordinates
    3 eraser
    4 more drawing tools including select/paintbrush/ruler/paintbucket etc

the zoom tool up to 800%

the layer tool

the tool that lets you choose if you draw in solid form or some kind of pattern

the shading tool (lets you make the current selected color lighter darker

the pen/eraser tip tool

the color select/palet tool

the undo/redo button (only does once)

Thats pretty much it. if you go into the menu you can import bmp images change settings etc.

Since it only imports exports in bmp images you can just either convert your jpgs into bmp or just google the image you want and use the advance search in google to only return jpg images download to phone and voila!

That one with the fish from Finding Nemo was completely done from my Treo. no pc whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Hard to believe in the entire Palm community that nobody else is tackling skin making.
    Yeah, me too. Compared to other skin making possibilities (pTunes, Palmrevolt, SkinUi), Takephone is fairly simple. But I have to admit to someone who's never done anything like that, it can be intimidating.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambler View Post
    wow. these are sweet. can you do them in transparent buttons as well?
    Shouldn't be hard at all. Let me know what color, and I'll do that one first.

To everyone who posted their comments on this release, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you all like them. It was fun to make them (and to learn a bit about how to make "glass buttons" in the process!)

Here's to Shimon for a terrific program that functions great, and allows a person to "purty it up," too!
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    Yeah, me too. Compared to other skin making possibilities (pTunes, Palmrevolt, SkinUi), Takephone is fairly simple. But I have to admit to someone who's never done anything like that, it can be intimidating.

Shouldn't be hard at all. Let me know what color, and I'll do that one first.

To everyone who posted their comments on this release, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you all like them. It was fun to make them (and to learn a bit about how to make "glass buttons" in the process!)

Here's to Shimon for a terrific program that functions great, and allows a person to "purty it up," too!
    awesome. blue is the one i like the most followed by orange. i downloaded the skinmaker so i'm going to try my hand at this. how long did it take you (and you too, nacho) to get familiar with this stuff? and to give all of us who keep pestering you guys, about how much time does it take to create a skin?

thanks again.
    If there were a Mac compatible version I'd give skinning a whirl...but alas, no luck.
    Last edited by Ohappydaye; 04/09/2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo
    well, this one is proving a bit complicated for me, so i'm trying to create some wallpapers for treolauncher first to get used to creating stuff. not having much success, though.
    well, this one is proving a bit complicated for me, so i'm trying to create some wallpapers for treolauncher first to get used to creating stuff. not having much success, though.
    I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon, don't give up! You can do it!
    Thanks OLD_HATCH for your 'tutorial'. I kinda figured out some of that, and I know you can only import bmp, but when I select 'import', and find the file where I know there's a bmp, nothing shows up.

Oh well........... I'm not very creative anyways. Maybe I'll figure it out sooner or later........... more than likely later......... don't seem to have the time right now.
    awesome. blue is the one i like the most followed by orange. i downloaded the skinmaker so i'm going to try my hand at this. how long did it take you (and you too, nacho) to get familiar with this stuff? and to give all of us who keep pestering you guys, about how much time does it take to create a skin?

thanks again.
    Here's the blue transparent. I just used the built-in images for the send/clr buttons, as I was having a harder time getting the graphics to work from the opaque version. But, if you prefer those images, let me know, and I'll spend a little more time with it. Just let me know.

As to getting familiar with skin making, for me it was a lot of trial and error at first. Maybe start out with just tweaking the images that are included in the skinmaker kit, just to get used to it. What graphic program are you using? Chances are there's an online tutorial for it that will tell you how to work with gradients, etc. That's what I found for making the "glass" buttons in the iGlass theme.

To help you (or anyone else) get started, I'm also including the icon images that NachoB and I have been using for the tabs at the bottom.

Best of luck!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    Here's the blue transparent. I just used the built-in images for the send/clr buttons, as I was having a harder time getting the graphics to work from the opaque version. But, if you prefer those images, let me know, and I'll spend a little more time with it. Just let me know.

As to getting familiar with skin making, for me it was a lot of trial and error at first. Maybe start out with just tweaking the images that are included in the skinmaker kit, just to get used to it. What graphic program are you using? Chances are there's an online tutorial for it that will tell you how to work with gradients, etc. That's what I found for making the "glass" buttons in the iGlass theme.

To help you (or anyone else) get started, I'm also including the icon images that NachoB and I have been using for the tabs at the bottom.

Best of luck!
    thanks so much, that's great. i'll try my hand at tackling these skins some other time since i was supposed to go to sleep an hour and a half ago. i've been using photoshop, but the program definitely takes a while to get used to. it's taken me quite some time to come up with treolauncher wallpapers which didn't seem like it would be hard at first until i started trying to use this program to do them. i suck, but eventually i'll get better i'm sure. thanks again for hooking me up with the transparent stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Thanks OLD_HATCH for your 'tutorial'. I kinda figured out some of that, and I know you can only import bmp, but when I select 'import', and find the file where I know there's a bmp, nothing shows up.

Oh well........... I'm not very creative anyways. Maybe I'll figure it out sooner or later........... more than likely later......... don't seem to have the time right now.
    Ooopsie.......... never mind........... I figured it out.
    thanks so much, that's great. i'll try my hand at tackling these skins some other time since i was supposed to go to sleep an hour and a half ago. i've been using photoshop, but the program definitely takes a while to get used to. it's taken me quite some time to come up with treolauncher wallpapers which didn't seem like it would be hard at first until i started trying to use this program to do them. i suck, but eventually i'll get better i'm sure. thanks again for hooking me up with the transparent stuff.
    No problem. As for sleep, who needs it

(on that note, I'm turning in -- haha)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    @mcentreville, I posted a couple of devious thoughts for ya. I saw one of your replies, too. I really do like the skins you've come up with.

I'm liking the submissions with both transparent iBar graphics and the "OP" flavor, too.

Thanks to everyone who's taking a crack at skinning this app - couldn't happen to a better program. (props to you Shimon!)
    @ Mcentreville

Can you make a darker blue version of the glass to match the cobalt colored treos
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Felt like "doodling". Designed to look somewhat similar to the sprint.com start page.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...e/SprintTP.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    wow.. sprint should def be selling this application on thier site now
    Nice doodling, Nacho.