Page 36 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast
    The big buttons look good...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Good job, I haven't played with that part of the dialpad to see how I could manipulate it differently. it appears you're on the right track though.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Thanks for your support guys. I guess we may have to wait to hear from Shimon on this. If anybody else come up with any other ideas please post.
    EDIT: Disregard these comments, read post 706 for the solution.

I would suggest that instead of trying to work on the skin, first play with different sizes of send and clr buttons in a solid color (with a defined right and left color that's different) to see what happens with each size, until you get the size you want that fits. Then from that build the skin.
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/04/2008 at 07:49 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    EDIT: Disregard these comments, read post 706 for the solution.

The reason I suggest different end colors is so that you know it fits on the screen and doesn't go off the screen, like in your screenshots.
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/04/2008 at 07:49 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by chakde View Post
    Is there a way to resize the talk and end buttons ont he dial screen. Even if there is only part of them that might be functional as long as I dont have that gap in the middle.

NachoB I finally got around to do some playing with the skinning app for TP . I think there is a code in there that seperates the gap between the 2 bitmaps. Maybe Shimon can help on this.

Any ideas ae welcomed. I still need to clean the skin up a bit. This was my first run at it.
    http://www.amranenterprises.com/down/test.jpg

I then tries to make the buttons a little smaller and got this

http://www.amranenterprises.com/down/test2.jpg

TIA
    What appears to be happening, is that each button has a defined left starting point, which is why your Send button looks good, but the Clear button goes off the screen. I don't think you're going to get the look you want unless possibly you only use the Send button bitmap, make it the width of the screen, with a fully transparent portion in the middle the width you want, and the Clear button graphic starting where you want it to just beyond the transparent part. And make the actual clear button bitmap you build into the skin completely transparent. That might work. So your Send button bitmap will have a width of approximately 320 pixels and will contain both graphics for Send and Clear with a transparent portion between the two.
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/04/2008 at 10:00 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hope all that makes sense. Wish I would have thought about doing it this way back when I initially did the clown fish skin.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    One last thing. The question now is how will the skinmaker handle the Send bitmap with a pixel width of 320. Let us know how that turns out. I'm not near my computer to work on it.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I think that is a great idea. I will put it together and post the screen shot.
    OK guys , THANKS THANKS and THANKS.

I followed the idea suggested by NachoB above and it worked. I basically made the end button transparent and made the talk button full width with transparency behind the buttons. This is how it turned out.

http://www.amranenterprises.com/down/test3.jpg

Just getting some bleed of pink around the corners I made transparent on the buttons. Not noticeble much on the phone much, so I think I may live with them
    Great job, looking good. Glad the Send button trick worked.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hey mcentreville,
    I've got a question for you <OHD says with pitiful puppy dog eyes>, do you think it would be possible to switch out the talk/end buttons on the brown vglass skin? I really like the buttons in that skin chakde just posted. No words though, just the phone in the upright position for "talk" and the phone down for "End." Is that a possibility? <again, gives the puppy dog eyes>
    Quote Originally Posted by chakde View Post
    OK guys , THANKS THANKS and THANKS.

I followed the idea suggested by NachoB above and it worked. I basically made the end button transparent and made the talk button full width with transparency behind the buttons. This is how it turned out.

http://www.amranenterprises.com/down/test3.jpg

Just getting some bleed of pink around the corners I made transparent on the buttons. Not noticeble much on the phone much, so I think I may live with them
    After seeing your findings, I was going to play around with it and quickly ran into a problem. Put your view to the Find Tab, and then hit the Alt key to bring up the Dialpad. The Send and Clear buttons you see when on the Dial tab should be cut down the middle to the normal tiny squares you are used to seeing them as. Hmmm. Was a good idea in theory, just doesn't work if viewing the Dialpad from the Find tab.

For both of these pictures, the send button was created with a resolution of 320x58 and in solid white. The clear button was made completely transparent so all you are seeing is the send button.

Dial Tab:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c.../SendTest1.jpg

Find Tab with dialpad pulled up:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c.../SendTest2.jpg

As you can see, the Send button got mauled by the space reserved for the defined "Find" area
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/04/2008 at 10:35 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I see what you mean. I think I am going to rearrage my icons and text to see if it would still look OK. This is what I get
    http://www.amranenterprises.com/down/test4.jpg
    So after arrranging the phone icons around this is what I came up with.

http://www.amranenterprises.com/down/test6.jpg

When I press Alt on the find screen this is what it shows

http://www.amranenterprises.com/down/test5.jpg

There is a small portion of the "k" showing up but I neve use the Alt Key Dialpad on my Find Screen anyways so, I think I will live with it.

Let me know what you guys think. Also if interested I can post this skin, wasn't sure if anybody else is crazy about this skin like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    Hey mcentreville,
    I've got a question for you <OHD says with pitiful puppy dog eyes>, do you think it would be possible to switch out the talk/end buttons on the brown vglass skin? I really like the buttons in that skin chakde just posted. No words though, just the phone in the upright position for "talk" and the phone down for "End." Is that a possibility? <again, gives the puppy dog eyes>
    Yes, it is possible ... however, in order to get the "transparent-look" on the larger buttons, I'll need to build the background into it ... which means that background will be the ONLY one to work with the skin. That's okay, if you only use one particular background, but would become an issue if you change it. Let me know for sure.
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    mcentreville,

I'm reading her request that she wants the skin to be the same, but change the check and X to a phone instead. I could be wrong though. It's happened before.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    mcentreville,

I'm reading her request that she wants the skin to be the same, but change the check and X to a phone instead. I could be wrong though. It's happened before.
    Yep, that's what I 'read' from OHD's post. Instead of a "green checkmark", she'd like it to be the "Phone" icon in the upright position, and instead of a "red checkmark", she'd like the "Phone" icon in the down position.
    Sounds kinky, all this talk of up and down. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Does that make me a pig? Hope not.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Sounds kinky, all this talk of up and down. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Does that make me a pig? Hope not.
    <Del walks in singing:
    "She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb In the shape of an "L" on her forehead"
    then walks back out again.>