Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
    Okay, for now you can download the skins & wallpapers in one zip file, at the following site:

http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/

If there's enough call for individual files in order to install OTA, I'll post them here too.

You might notice there is a wallpaper included for "Dusty Rose," (i.e. for the pink Centro) but there's no skin file yet. That's because I'm having problems with it wanting to draw the line across the top in gray, rather than pink. Shimon, do you have any pointers?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    Okay, for now you can download the skins & wallpapers in one zip file, at the following site:

If there's enough call for individual files in order to install OTA, I'll post them here too.

You might notice there is a wallpaper included for "Dusty Rose," (i.e. for the pink Centro) but there's no skin file yet. That's because I'm having problems with it wanting to draw the line across the top in gray, rather than pink. Shimon, do you have any pointers?
    mcentreville,
    These look great.
    I just downloaded the zip from your site.
    It's been a while since I loaded up skins/wallpaper on my Treo. Can you give us a few refresher steps on how to do this.
    It would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    mcentreville,
    These look great.
    I just downloaded the zip from your site.
    It's been a while since I loaded up skins/wallpaper on my Treo. Can you give us a few refresher steps on how to do this.
    It would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA
    For the skin (.pdb file), the easiest is just to hotsync it over. It should show up in TAKEphONE's display preferences.

For the wallpaper, there's a number of ways. If you're using Palm Desktop, then you can add it under "Media," and it'll move during over the next hotsync. You can also add it directly to your memory card, with an external card reader. Once the wallpaper is on your mem card, you can select it under TAKEphONE's display preferences, (Display/Bkgnd/Images...). However, personally, I first choose the wallpaper as the background in Palm's default Calendar application, then back in TAKEphONE, I select "Calendar" as the Bkgnd. I've found it to load faster that way (I don't care that it's the background for Palm's agenda view, since I don't use that anyway). Hope that helps
    For the skin (.pdb file), the easiest is just to hotsync it over. It should show up in TAKEphONE's display preferences.

For the wallpaper, there's a number of ways. If you're using Palm Desktop, then you can add it under "Media," and it'll move during over the next hotsync. You can also add it directly to your memory card, with an external card reader. Once the wallpaper is on your mem card, you can select it under TAKEphONE's display preferences, (Display/Bkgnd/Images...). However, personally, I first choose the wallpaper as the background in Palm's default Calendar application, then back in TAKEphONE, I select "Calendar" as the Bkgnd. I've found it to load faster that way (I don't care that it's the background for Palm's agenda view, since I don't use that anyway). Hope that helps
    Tks for info mcentreville.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    mcentreville, thanks so much! These skins are really beautiful. The only additional feature I would ask for is that I like a "frame" around the pictures in the i-Bar. I would really love it if you could draw a border around the cells in the i-Bar (similar to the border in Shimon's Default Hi-Res skin), in the color you use for the skin buttons. I'm using the Gunmetal Blue skin, so if you only did it for that skin, I would be happy -- and TIA for considering this request!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    The only additional feature I would ask for is that I like a "frame" around the pictures in the i-Bar. I would really love it if you could draw a border around the cells in the i-Bar (similar to the border in Shimon's Default Hi-Res skin), in the color you use for the skin buttons.
    The skinmaker kit doesn't include an image bitmap for that, so I'm not sure how to include that. I'll see what I can do. Shimon, thoughts?

Btw, my next project will be to work on a variation, in which the buttons (minus the top and bottom bar), will be transparent, like the default skin.

I'm glad you're enjoying. Who said that Garnet had to be boring to look at? (of course, I'm also using Palmrevolt, which helps a bit too )

Okay, posted another zip file containing skins with transparent buttons, like TAKEphONE's default. I'll be away from my computer for a few days, so I'm afraid that'll be it for awhile Thanks!
    i like the vglass one... is there anyway to make the talk (check mark) and end (x mark) button on the dialpad screen bigger? like u have with the other skins...i like the bigger green check mark and bigger x mark with the dark shadow ontop...for some reason the vglass check and x are so small
  9.    #49  
    Hi,

mcentreville - thanks so much for your GREAT work !

Please contact me via email, and we can discuss whatever fixing
    TAKEphONE needs to match your skinning needs.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    italiangspot: it shouldn't be too tough to do. I won't have a chance, tho, for a couple of days, if u can wait
    TAKEphONE: thanks for being such a responsive developer! I'll get in touch when I'm back at my computer. Thanks!
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  11.    #51  
    Hi,

Did a new version of TAKEphONE (not posted yet, but I can send it to you mcentreville) that allows for skins with title bars across the top portion.

This way you do not need to draw the title bar within the wallpaper, and if you are willing to use the built-in transparent buttons - you can make skins matching your great wallpapers by including only 3 bitmaps (!) in them:
    One for the top title bar, one for the bottom tab - unselected, and one for the bottom tab - selected.

See an example attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Shimon, I liked the demo so much that after two days, I had to buy TAKEpHONE. I am using the red background and I will hope to play with the skin maker this weekend. Thanks.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff

Thank you so much for these!!! I couldn't view them at work, IT blocks that site, but it was worth the wait! They are awesome. I absolutely love them...and if you want to make a pretty green version of the vGlass skin, I would not be opposed to that at all. Nope, I sure wouldn't

Also, it's great to see a fellow Alltel user. <OHD gives the secret handshake>
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

Did a new version of TAKEphONE (not posted yet, but I can send it to you mcentreville) that allows for skins with title bars across the top portion.

This way you do not need to draw the title bar within the wallpaper, and if you are willing to use the built-in transparent buttons - you can make skins matching your great wallpapers by including only 3 bitmaps (!) in them:
    One for the top title bar, one for the bottom tab - unselected, and one for the bottom tab - selected.

See an example attached.
    Thank you. You can go ahead and send it to my email. I'll be anxious to take a look at what can be done
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

See an example attached.
    Shimon, I'd still really like to have a border, or "frame" around the i-Bar pictures, like you have in your Default Hi-Res skin and your Old Default Hi-Res skin (it would be great if it could be made to match the title bar and unselected bottom tabs of the skin -- in my case the gunmetal blue). mcentreville said there wasn't a bitmap for that in the skin maker. Is that something you can provide him? Pretty please??
    Ok, I've done a little revamping of the download site (see post#41 for the link), combining the transparent and opaque skins into one zip file, and calling it version 1.0 (in anticipation of working with Shimon's latest beta).

ChristieC - as soon as I hear from Shimon, I'll see what I can do about adding a background image for the ibar.

Ohappydaye - I'll play around with adding a green vGlass skin (maybe some other colors as well)

italiangspot - you're right about the graphics for the send/cancel buttons being a bit small. I'll work on this.

Everyone, thanks so much for your encouragement and feedback. It's really appreciated! If I don't get to some of your requests right away, it's because work (which is flex time most of the time) has me too busy. Thanks for your patience!
    Image name: photo_btn.bmp

Add the following to the .rcp file:
    BITMAP ID 1023
    BEGIN
    BITMAP "images\\photo_btn.bmp" BPP 16 DENSITY 144 TRANSPARENT 255 0 255 COMPRESS
    END

Image size should be 56x56 with the transparent border being pink (r-255, g-0, b-255).

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ne/TPi-bar.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NachoB; 02/29/2008 at 01:19 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Thanks, NachoB! Btw, I really like what you've done background-wise for TreoLauncher.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    NachoB you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    NachoB you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ahaha, I'm working on learning all the different graphics that can be edited, hopefully soon I'll have something to share.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers