Page 29 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979129 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hey Shimon, If I purchased takephone can I use it on both my PDAs or do I need to buy ot again?

Sorry if you have answered this already so many posts to go through. LOL
    You'd have to buy them for both...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Ok, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    Per a request from Meyerweb from the Takephone 7.55 (001) thread, http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=371 ,
    here's an attempt at the color "teal." It was supposed to match a skin called "Teal Glass," but I wasn't able to match exactly, so I'm posting both my attempt, and a reworking of "Teal Glass," cleaning it up a bit and adding a wallpaper. I'm posting them here rather than on the other thread, to keep the skins all in one place.

Thanks! Interesting. I definitely like the look of your skin better, and while the color is far more green that teal, it's a much nicer green than any other skin I've seen. Actually, the more I look at it, I think maybe I like it even better than the original skin.

Either way, many thanks. I'm fickle, and rotate skins regularly. I'll probably use them both from time to time.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Thanks! Interesting. I definitely like the look of your skin better, and while the color is far more green that teal, it's a much nicer green than any other skin I've seen. Actually, the more I look at it, I think maybe I like it even better than the original skin.

Either way, many thanks. I'm fickle, and rotate skins regularly. I'll probably use them both from time to time.

screenshot please
    I have not had a chance to dig into it. Does the Clock Skin support Analog Clocks.. I'm kinda hooked on the All Smiles Skin/Walpaper and it would be way cool to have an analog clock on its Face

I figure that its probably too much to ask but I have learned if I don't ask I don't get

Andy
    for Penny's request for a screenshot of the green/teal, check out the other thread, Takephone 7.55 (I'm away from my computer). Shimon used it to post his screenshot of the 4cast plugin.
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  8.    #568  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundig View Post
    I have not had a chance to dig into it. Does the Clock Skin support Analog Clocks.. I'm kinda hooked on the All Smiles Skin/Walpaper and it would be way cool to have an analog clock on its Face

I figure that its probably too much to ask but I have learned if I don't ask I don't get

Andy
    Hi,

Afraid analog clocks are not supported - requires extra coding.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  9.    #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Hey Shimon, If I purchased takephone can I use it on both my PDAs or do I need to buy ot again?

Sorry if you have answered this already so many posts to go through. LOL
    Hi,

Afraid a license is on per-device bases, so you'll have to purchase another license.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

I must say - cant figure out what the hell is going on here...

Can you just create that image from scratch ?
    Okay, Shimon, and those here that might give clock skinning a try, here's what I did to fix the problem in THIS POST.

I wound up changing the upper left pixel to black and the problem went away.

Shimon, if you'll take a look at the narrow skin you're including in your files, and view the clock with the dialpad up, you'll see that the small "7" is causing the same problem as it contains a dark gray pixel in the upper left corner instead of a black pixel.

So I believe the upper left pixel is the control on whether these come out properly translucent or not.

Shimon, can you explain why the number "1", even though it's height is 65 pixels like all the other numbers, appears to be a couple of pixels larger (longer on the bottom and maybe the width of a pixel shorter on top). It's really noticeable if you compare "1" next to "5".

EDIT: Also, the number "7" appears longer on the bottom, but the top appears to be same height.
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/01/2008 at 07:01 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    for Penny's request for a screenshot of the green/teal, check out the other thread, Takephone 7.55 (I'm away from my computer). Shimon used it to post his screenshot of the 4cast plugin.
    I was wondering if that was it. NICE work mcentreville.
  12.    #572  
    I wound up changing the upper left pixel to black and the problem went away.

Shimon, if you'll take a look at the narrow skin you're including in your files, and view the clock with the dialpad up, you'll see that the small "7" is causing the same problem as it contains a dark gray pixel in the upper left corner instead of a black pixel.

So I believe the upper left pixel is the control on whether these come out properly translucent or not.

>>> Great catch ! I should have dug deeper into my code to debug this...
    >>> My code uses the top-left pixel to decide on the transparent value.
    >>> this is why is that pixel was not "true" black - transparency did
    >>> not work.
    >>> Sorry I did not find it myself, and wasted your time, NachoB...

Shimon, can you explain why the number "1", even though it's height is 65 pixels like all the other numbers, appears to be a couple of pixels larger (longer on the bottom and maybe the width of a pixel shorter on top). It's really noticeable if you compare "1" next to "5".

Also, the number "7" appears longer on the bottom, but the top appears to be same height.

>>> I will try to figure it out. Of the top of my head - maybe it has
    >>> something to do with the starting point - is it on an even offset ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    >>> I will try to figure it out. Of the top of my head - maybe it has
    >>> something to do with the starting point - is it on an even offset ?
    They are all evenly drawn top to bottom using all 65 pixels.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    In your pic, i do not see a p or a next to time.. is there anyway to remove or make the p or a smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Ah, that's because I have mine on 24 hour mode.
    i guess u are telling me to go scratch and change to military time...haha
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    In your pic, i do not see a p or a next to time.. is there anyway to remove or make the p or a smaller?
    i guess u are telling me to go scratch and change to military time...haha
    Nah, I'll fix it eventually

Palm Pre wallpapers
    The small numbers (when dialpad is in view) have some black pixelation, as do a couple of the large numbers, that I can't get rid of

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...creenshot1.jpg http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...creenshot2.jpg

This skin is for the clock only.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/01/2008 at 11:40 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Wow looks great NachoB I bet that skin looks awesome on the Black Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Wow looks great NachoB I bet that skin looks awesome on the Black Centro.
    Thanks, that's an earlier TAKEphONE skin I did, Black Glossy, but with a different wallpaper than what I builtin originally. The post above is just a clock skin in digital.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    That looks real nice NachoB.

I liek the whole background and skin clock combo.

Keep it up.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Thanks, that's an earlier TAKEphONE skin I did, Black Glossy, but with a different wallpaper than what I builtin originally. The post above is just a clock skin in digital.
    Yeah I knew that but thanks for telling me cause I am a blonde....