Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 3066
  1. #21  
    I like the way they are but it probably has a lot to do with the background used. It does make the number stand out more.

    If you do change them, could you kindly use a slightly different name for either the new or the old so Shimon could have both hosted on his page? That is probably the best of both worlds.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    I'll try coming up with something different for the "OK" and "CLR" icons. I won't have much time at my computer today, so it may be a day or so before you'll see anything.

    I guess the reason I made the other keys dark grey/black, was to make the number keys stand out. Would you prefer all of them the same color, or, in the same color family (i.e. the non-numeric keys might be a darker -- or lighter -- shade of the same color)?
    I.E. GunmentalBlue....I like it how it is now, the white text foreground with blue background....I just want the other 4 buttons to be the same blue color, please keep it in the same color.....hmmm....if you have time, i would like to see one in the same color family....light blue or so for the other four buttons, only if you have time. Also, the other user suggest giving it a different same and I agree with that.....best of both world. And, no hurry on this one....take your time and do your best. Thanks in advance.
  3. #23  
    You know, it's really easy to you to just take mcentreville's skins and modify them to your liking...

    Just extract the BMP resources using PCFD and then use the skin maker bundle Shimon posted with this thread.

    Here look, I took the Charcoal bar BMPs, used the GunmetalBlue bar as the active one and added some color to the icons and removed the dialpad buttons so TP would use the default transparent ones.

    1. Extract the BMP's from the skin using PCFD or some other resource extractor.
    2. Edit the BMP's to your liking
    3. Put your new BMP's into the /images directory in Shimon's skin maker bundle with the correct names specified by the tp_skin_hr.rcp
    4. Create your new skin with the tp_skinmaker.exe program.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bsquarewi; 01/10/2008 at 12:57 PM.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsquarewi View Post
    You know, it's really easy to you to just take mcentreville's skins and modify them to your liking...
    That's easy for you to say. I'm not that technical
  5. Shucks's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #25  
    Thanks for the effort. Great job!! Keep it up!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

    REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  6. Shucks's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #26  
    The Forest Green and Copper are my favorites!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

    REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  7. #27  
    I posted new versions (see post #12 in this thread). They're all contained in a zip file. For those who'd like to DL these OTA, I'll post individual files later on -- I've used my allotment of "hobby time" for the day
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    I posted new versions (see post #12 in this thread). They're all contained in a zip file. For those who'd like to DL these OTA, I'll post individual files later on -- I've used my allotment of "hobby time" for the day
    Thanks a bunch. I hope when you have more time, maybe you could improve on the "CLR" and "OK" icons But that might be too much to ask.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by newworld View Post
    Thanks a bunch. I hope when you have more time, maybe you could improve on the "CLR" and "OK" icons But that might be too much to ask.
    In the skins I uploaded yesterday (see post #12), I did work on them a bit (a simple check mark for "ok" and an x for "clr"). I also changed the vmail icon to make it better match the ones on the tabs. I'm open to suggestions . I'd like to keep them picture-based, rather than word-based. Btw, thanks for all the encouragement. This is my first attempt at something like this.
  10. #30  
    I like picture-based icons also. I don't have any pictures for the "OK" or "CLR" but it would be nice to have a green picture of a nice phone for the "OK" and a red picture of a nice phone for the "CLR".
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by newworld View Post
    I like picture-based icons also. I don't have any pictures for the "OK" or "CLR" but it would be nice to have a green picture of a nice phone for the "OK" and a red picture of a nice phone for the "CLR".
    I agree this would be cool, but I'm afraid it's beyond my graphics ability. I could just copy something from somewhere else, but then I (and Shimon) might be dealing with copyright issues, etc.

    Before I go to a lot of work uploading another update, what do you all think of the "ok" and "clr" graphics in this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    I agree this would be cool, but I'm afraid it's beyond my graphics ability. I could just copy something from somewhere else, but then I (and Shimon) might be dealing with copyright issues, etc.

    Before I go to a lot of work uploading another update, what do you all think of the "ok" and "clr" graphics in this one?
    Looks great mcentreville.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  13. #33  
    Uploaded new (and hopefully FINAL) versions of skins. See post #12 for the zip file that contains them all:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=12

    I'm only including the ones with the dial pad buttons all the same color, since that seems to be what the majority preferred (and, I have to admit, it looks better). However, if somebody wants one of the older style, with the OK, CLR, and * and # keys black rather than matching, then I can post that individually.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14. #34  
    here's the rest.

    Attached Files Attached Files
  15.    #35  
    Hi,

    I would like to post these at my website for public use. You said you would not mind ?

    I would like to give you credit, though - can you tell me what name you want me to put there ? and would you like me to link to any specific URL ?

    Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

    I would like to post these at my website for public use. You said you would not mind ?

    I would like to give you credit, though - can you tell me what name you want me to put there ? and would you like me to link to any specific URL ?

    Thanks !

    I'm honored -- and humbled -- that you'd want to post these. I sent you the info to your private mail.

    Thanks!
  17. #37  
    Here's a glimpse of what I've been working on for skins. I've done some tweaking to the bottom bar. Also, I've made it look like the top bar goes all the way across, by extending the same graphic that I used for the "form bar," at the top of the wallpaper. As soon as I'm finished with the whole set, I'll be posting them (skins and wallpaper). Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    Here's a glimpse of what I've been working on for skins. I've done some tweaking to the bottom bar. Also, I've made it look like the top bar goes all the way across, by extending the same graphic that I used for the "form bar," at the top of the wallpaper. As soon as I'm finished with the whole set, I'll be posting them (skins and wallpaper). Enjoy!
    Nice work mcentreville.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  19. #39  
    i use your design currently.. great job !
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    Here's a glimpse of what I've been working on for skins. I've done some tweaking to the bottom bar. Also, I've made it look like the top bar goes all the way across, by extending the same graphic that I used for the "form bar," at the top of the wallpaper. As soon as I'm finished with the whole set, I'll be posting them (skins and wallpaper). Enjoy!
    Awsome !

    Can't wait !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com

Posting Permissions