Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3066
    Quote Originally Posted by islandfever2009 View Post
    I bought TouchLauncher, and it's definitely pretty. I just wish there was the option to make the status line font bigger.
    I guess I've been away too long, or maybe haven't fiddled with the preferences in a while but please refresh my memory: what is the status line? Are you talking about where it says the category, time & battery percentage?

Also, did you really mean to say TouchLauncher, or TAKEphONE (since this is the TAKEphONE thread)?

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Yeah, I was talking about the carrier and battery line and all that. I guess I was trying to unintentionally hijack the thread.Sorry!
    I have been reading this whole thread on Skins/Clocks for two days now and then searching the forum, wondering if someone could answer some questions.

Hope this is in the right place for Takephone questions.

How do you add regular jpeg pictures to the i-bar?

Do they need to be sized (to what) and if so how do I go about doing that?

How do you add them to TakePhone?

I have figured out how to add clocks/skins. (Thanks to all those who have so graciously made them)

Don't know how to add wallpaper?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

I read the Owners Manual, nothing about any of this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by democopy View Post
    I have been reading this whole thread on Skins/Clocks for two days now and then searching the forum, wondering if someone could answer some questions.

Hope this is in the right place for Takephone questions.

How do you add regular jpeg pictures to the i-bar?

Do they need to be sized (to what) and if so how do I go about doing that?

How do you add them to TakePhone?

I have figured out how to add clocks/skins. (Thanks to all those who have so graciously made them)

Don't know how to add wallpaper?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

I read the Owners Manual, nothing about any of this.

Thanks
    For wallpaper...Options -> Preferences -> Display tab/drop-down (upper right) -> Bkgnd -- Images (from the drop-down) then press the "< select" button to the right...and select your image.

All the best...and welcome!!!

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    For wallpaper...Options -> Preferences -> Display tab/drop-down (upper right) -> Bkgnd -- Images (from the drop-down) then press the "< select" button to the right...and select your image.

All the best...and welcome!!!
    Hi fan,

Thanks for that info, I should of seen it when installing the skins....what is the difference then between the skins and the wallpaper?

Do you know the answer to my other questions?

Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by democopy View Post
    Hi fan,

Thanks for that info, I should of seen it when installing the skins....what is the difference then between the skins and the wallpaper?

Do you know the answer to my other questions?

Thanks so much!
    Sorry, can't answer your other questions -- fstop prob. can though -- I don't use the i-bar. (I can't remember if it is any image or ones that are 64x64 or smaller.)

In the best way I can think to explain it, "skins" give instructions to TAKEphONE on how to behave (when producing/creating/generating certain items) -- they were created by certain authors/programmers for display-design, think of them as a theme; and "images," really singular ("image") is the underlying graphic (wallpaper) below the clock, tasks, etc. that is "allowed" to "peek" through.

All the best.
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 07/17/2009 at 05:37 PM.
    The difference between the skin & the wallpaper is that the wallpaper, as fan said, is simply that: the background image of the app. The skin controls most everything else cosmetic: the lower 5 button images, the dialpad design, the ibar borders, top info banner, etc.

You can add images to the ibar a couple different ways.

One way is to go into Menu>Prefs>ibar and select your ibar options there by clicking the <Empty> spots & adding the info; or the other way is to click-&-hold right on the ibar location for a second & the edit screen will pop up.

There's also a couple ways to actually add your icons once you get to this point.

You can use any .jpg image you want by clicking 'images' button, no re-sizing necessary, TAKEphONE will do that for you. Or, if you'd rather use .bmps, you need to install an icon set (search throughout this thread for some) and click the 'icons' button to browse those. Not sure what the size necessary for the .bmps are, but I know it's not very big. Look in the user manual, I'm know it's documented somewhere (actually, probably right in this thread :P )

Speaking of ibar, I might as well take this excuse to show off my new setup:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...9718-65954.jpg

I got rid of the ibar again (never actually used/liked it, I just had it displayed cause I thought my icons looked great with my wallpaper/clock combo ) and I even sacrificed my large clock so I can look at my daughter & I all day long

I hear kids eventually take control of a lot more in life than just TAKEphONE layouts tho, hmm?
    [QUOTE=fstopstigmata;1759356]
    You can add images to the ibar a couple different ways.

One way is to go into Menu>Prefs>ibar and select your ibar options there by clicking the <Empty> spots & adding the info; or the other way is to click-&-hold right on the ibar location for a second & the edit screen will pop up.

There's also a couple ways to actually add your icons once you get to this point.

You can use any .jpg image you want by clicking 'images' button, no re-sizing necessary, TAKEphONE will do that for you. Or, if you'd rather use .bmps, you need to install an icon set (search throughout this thread for some) and click the 'icons' button to browse those. Not sure what the size necessary for the .bmps are, but I know it's not very big. Look in the user manual, I'm know it's documented somewhere (actually, probably right in this thread :P )
    QUOTE]

Hi fstop,

Thanks for the information. I have been trying to load .jpgs for an hour now. Where do you put them on the card? Do you have to have a particular extentsion on the .jpg? I have regular .jpgs in the Takephone Directory on the card in a picture folder and it is not recognized when I click the images button in takephone, nothing shows up on the card?

I have searched Google, ShSh page and the manual, surely this has come up with someone else but I can't seem to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    If it shows up in Pics & Videos then it should show up in TAKEphONE.. Not sure how else to help you without having the device right in front of me :/

EDIT: I think I see what you're doing now- loading images directly onto the card from your computer? Create a folder called DCIM on your card and put the images there.

Is there a reason you're not just HotSyncing your images? It's a bit easier that way.
    Last edited by fstopstigmata; 07/18/2009 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    anyone want to share theres?
    I tried a few, Here are some samples:

4th_of_July.pdb
    4th_of_July_2.pdb
    Garfield_4th_of_July.pdb
    HonorBlade.pdb
    Marauder.pdb
    Thunderbirds.pdb
    USA.pdb
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    If it shows up in Pics & Videos then it should show up in TAKEphONE.. Not sure how else to help you without having the device right in front of me :/

EDIT: I think I see what you're doing now- loading images directly onto the card from your computer? Create a folder called DCIM on your card and put the images there.

Is there a reason you're not just HotSyncing your images? It's a bit easier that way.
    Worked like a charm! Thank You!
    Glad I could help
    I've had Takephone for a couple of years now on my Treo 755 and really like it. I had a problem early on where when I tried typing a name in my contact list, "not found" would come up. I fixed the problem by toggling the turbo mode on and off. It started happening again and whether or not I'm in turbo mode, the find screen won't access my contact list. I've reset the phone, and gone through the extensive options menu, but can't figure it out. I'm sure it is something simple, but I can't find it. Any help?

P.S. I've also gone through "Find" options and tried toggling between fields, words, within words, etc. with no success.
    Last edited by gklewis; 08/17/2009 at 12:01 PM.
    Mine started doing that and thiswhat was happening:

I had this setup-
    Menu>Prefs>Using the "Phone" Button>When in TAKEphONE>Loop through
    but I didn't have anything checked in the list except Find. I noticed that when I hit the Phone button in this situation, it toggles between normal search and the mysterious 'Not Found' -no-matter-what-I-type situation. Hitting the phone button again toggles back to normal though.

I just set mine up to the 'Not Found' situation then switched the menu to 'Do Nothing' and it seemed to be locked into the Not Found. So I re-set it to Loop Through, exited & re-opened TAKEphONE and it fixed the problem.

Does that help?
    If you don't mind losing all ur settings you can delete your prefs file with resco explorer or filez etc.

Sometimes it gets corrupted.

If that doent work then you can just restore ur prefs file from ur backup.
    I tried the loop through option first with no luck. Do you know the name of the prefs file and what actual preferences I would lose? Thanks for the help.
    You'd just have to set it back up the way you like it.. like when you downloaded it for the first time.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    So I haven't yet graduated from my MS Publisher complex wallpapers but it's still been fun. This last one is loosely inspired by the HTC Heros HTC SenseUI.

It is great for the 'phone' screen which I use most, the other screens don't look polished though they are not an issue as they're simply utilities and are still very usable.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...p-C6E73469.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...p-C6E731BA.jpg

The others here are just some examples of a recent edit for 4cast to make it more usable/aesthetically pleasing.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...p-C6E734B3.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...p-C6E73526.jpg

Like it?

If you'd like what I've done or have any requests I'll see what I can do!
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Looks pretty nice.

I miss takephone,

I see your using my skin though.
    brum - what's that font? And how did you get your Speed Dial screen to display like that??