Page 145 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4595135140141142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3066
    Really? I always hated that the Butler keyguard clock was italic.. The edges look so jagged to me. Have you tried using the clock maker posted at the beginning of this thread? I'm thinking about trying it myself today if I get the energy to look for my PC..
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Really? I always hated that the Butler keyguard clock was italic.. The edges look so jagged to me. Have you tried using the clock maker posted at the beginning of this thread? I'm thinking about trying it myself today if I get the energy to look for my PC..
    Normally I would say the same thing about jagged stuff (I'm pretty graphically critical) but I look at it as accomplishing what I want out of a simple keyguard and that it is only there for a short period of time (and always overlaid on top of something so it's not as noticeable). I guess it's my way/version of how you have stated that you're not really into creating/displaying icons bec. you only see them for a split second.

I haven't tried the clock maker. I know I can find this answer out myself by trying it, but is it difficult/complicated to use?

From a previous conversation we had...Since I've been using TAKEphONE (for only a short period of time), and added the tasks to the calendar (combining them into one line), I've come to "accept" when it says "No upcoming events." If Shimon does anymore work on this, and/or you have any pull w/him , I'd rather see him NOT do that and instead figure out to only have the unread e-mail notifier underneath the radio signal & battery icons.

Lastly, and this is my "graphically critical" self, I would also like to see him change the screen when you depress the dial/call button so that instead of graying out the entire screen it only grays out what is underneath the "calling" oval. That way the oval really stands out in the white coloring that is there. Considering that is essentially what happens (what you see) when you press on the battery icon in the Find screen or on a Missed Call Notifier, I wouldn't think it would be that difficult. That's just me though.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Normally I would say the same thing about jagged stuff (I'm pretty graphically critical) but I look at it as accomplishing what I want out of a simple keyguard and that it is only there for a short period of time (and always overlaid on top of something so it's not as noticeable). I guess it's my way/version of how you have stated that you're not really into creating/displaying icons bec. you only see them for a split second.
    Definitely understand you there

I haven't tried the clock maker. I know I can find this answer out myself by trying it, but is it difficult/complicated to use?
    I have yet to try it (Mac user), but hopefully NachoB is still lurking around nearby..

From a previous conversation we had...Since I've been using TAKEphONE (for only a short period of time), and added the tasks to the calendar (combining them into one line), I've come to "accept" when it says "No upcoming events." If Shimon does anymore work on this, and/or you have any pull w/him , I'd rather see him NOT do that and instead figure out to only have the unread e-mail notifier underneath the radio signal & battery icons.
    He might consider it, but I'm usually pretty wary of offering suggestions unless I know it would get a majority vote, since he's quite busy with many projects at the moment. But go ahead and email him about anything, he's got awesome CS either way.

Lastly, and this is my "graphically critical" self, I would also like to see him change the screen when you depress the dial/call button so that instead of graying out the entire screen it only grays out what is underneath the "calling" oval. That way the oval really stands out in the white coloring that is there. Considering that is essentially what happens (what you see) when you press on the battery icon in the Find screen or on a Missed Call Notifier, I wouldn't think it would be that difficult. That's just me though.
    Hmm.. Mine displays the same way with the "Calling" oval and the Battery oval.. I don't think it's a grayed-out white oval, but rather, a non-grayed-out gray oval. I know for a fact that the font on both ovals on my is not grayed out, it's the actual color. So I think it's just your mind assuming it's a grayed-out white since the rest of the screen grays. (??)
    Hmm.. Mine displays the same way with the "Calling" oval and the Battery oval.. I don't think it's a grayed-out white oval, but rather, a non-grayed-out gray oval. I know for a fact that the font on both ovals on my is not grayed out, it's the actual color. So I think it's just your mind assuming it's a grayed-out white since the rest of the screen grays. (??)
    WAIT!! Haha, first go into SkinUI & hit the Prefs button (You can really call me crazy if you don't use SkinUI). Now turn off all the 'Darken screen for's. & go back & look at your ovals. It's SkinUI that darkens the screen, not TAKEphONE at all. Duh. So yea, The ovals are gray, not white.
    Last edited by fstopstigmata; 04/15/2009 at 11:28 AM.
    But go ahead and email him about anything, he's got awesome CS either way.
    When I get a chance, I think I will.

Ok, I think we're saying the same thing (bec. I wasn't looking at my phone, and more importantly, I didn't describe it too well) but I'm (ideally) looking for the oval to NOT gray-out (everything underneath it, however, can/should). That way the oval looks (more) like it is on top, and just cleaner (in my opinion).

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    WAIT!! Haha, first go into SkinUI & hit the Prefs button (You can really call me crazy if you don't use SkinUI). Now turn off all the 'Darken screen for's. & go back & look at your ovals. It's SkinUI that darkens the screen, not TAKEphONE at all. Duh. So yea, The ovals are gray, not white.
    Ok, will check it out then. Thanks!

Quick question: anybody know the name I need to save the icon for skinUI and 4cast? That's the way they display in the launcher & the delete menu, but the icon won't change when saved as that.
    Quick question: anybody know the name I need to save the icon for skinUI and 4cast? That's the way they display in the launcher & the delete menu, but the icon won't change when saved as that.
    Off the top of my head I can't remember but check out my zip file, earlier in this thread, I believe from last night, and it will be there for you.
    Wait, I think I put that in the Treo Launcher thread.
    Hahaha, oops. been flying all around between threads so much today, I dropped it in the wrong spot
    Just because it made me laugh: skinUI and 4cast both work now that ive changed their file names to skinUI.gif.bmp and 4cast.gif.bmp. Not sure if it's a mistake in the app code or a PalmOS system, but funny, nonetheless.
    But in general, YES, Butler is very worth the price.
    OFF-TOPIC: Pulled the trigger on Butler this a.m. Then registered it (got to the app by) using TealWheel.

Again, back to TAKEphONE...

I made a bigger version of the HTC flip clock if anyone is interested

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...shot0000-1.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ♥ Heather ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by hljt View Post

WOW!!! Is that cool as ____!

(Is there such a thing as super bold, rather than just bold!!!!!)

EDIT: Please keep 'em coming. I'm really getting into clocks but not finding a lot. Do you know of/where to find an Italics version of Bold Skin Lt?

WOW!!! Is that cool as ____!

(Is there such a thing as super bold, rather than just bold!!!!!)

EDIT: Please keep 'em coming. I'm really getting into clocks but not finding a lot. Do you know of/where to find an Italics version of Bold Skin Lt?

Thank you! Glad you like it

I don't know where to find an italics version of bold skin lt, but it looks like the font used may be Arial Bold. I've tried doing transparent clocks but I'm not good at them lol. The edges always come out looking jagged.
    ♥ Heather ♥
    Thank you! Glad you like it

I don't know where to find an italics version of bold skin lt, but it looks like the font used may be Arial Bold. I've tried doing transparent clocks but I'm not good at them lol. The edges always come out looking jagged.
    Like it? I LOVE IT!

Ok, well how 'bout this...Where do you get the clock maker program? I downloaded the zip at the beginning of the thread and didn't find it there and my search here was to no avail. (I'm sure it's just me though.)
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 04/16/2009 at 07:48 PM.

I love you.

Nice work Heather.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Like it? I LOVE IT!

Ok, well how 'bout this...Where do you get the clock maker program? I downloaded the zip at the beginning of the thread and didn't find it there and my search here was to no avail. (I'm sure it's just me though.)

Thanks again! I know how hard it is finding the clock makers because there are so many pages in this thread lol! I was able to find both the regular clock maker and the transparent clock maker (thanks to NachoB )

The links are below. Also for some reason you need a "cygwin1.dll" file in the same folder as the clock makers, so I posted the link where you can download that if you don't already have it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1427055-post545.html

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1425676-post460.html

DLL-files.com - cygwin1.dll, free download
    ♥ Heather ♥