Page 144 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4494134139140141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3066
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    1. That's the number of search results displayed when you begin typing to find a contact. Too bad it doesn't 'go away' when you haven't typed anything..
    Think you can send that Shimon's way, too?

Will look into that skin shortly.

Thanks!

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Think you can send that Shimon's way, too?

Will look into that skin shortly.

Thanks!
    I honestly don't even use that line ever since Shimon made the option to hide it (another request of my pyckiness, BTW ) since I don't care about the exact numbers of unreads, the category (I always use All), the number of search results, that useless dialpad button... I don't even use the blinking notification icons. AttnGrab does that for me with a better 'attention grabber,' system-wide, without even having to turn the screen on

[Edit:] Oops! I got to babbling & forgot to get to the point: It might be worth requesting, since it's kinda something you'd expect to happen by default.. We'll see.
    I honestly don't even use that line ever since Shimon made the option to hide it (another request of my pyckiness, BTW ) since I don't care about the exact numbers of unreads, the category (I always use All), the number of search results, that useless dialpad button... I don't even use the blinking notification icons. AttnGrab does that for me with a better 'attention grabber,' system-wide, without even having to turn the screen on

[Edit:] Oops! I got to babbling & forgot to get to the point: It might be worth requesting, since it's kinda something you'd expect to happen by default.. We'll see.
    Two things...

1) Yeah, I understand your point of view, but I tried hiding the line and, in the end, I would prefer to see it. Having "access" to how many messages is kind of nice. (But I understand your personal preference.)

2) By saying what you said that reminded me of something I saw last night...there's a typo in one of the alert screens...and that happens to be where it is. Toggle the hide line button back and forth and you'll find it: Hiding the "status" line will also hide the CATRGORY...

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Haha, even the best apps aren't completely perfect

On another note, I'm gonna go out on a limb here: Does anybody know of a way that I might be able to use the skin/clock makers on Mac OSX? I'm dying here with clock ideas. Or maybe someone could make a quick(?) re-write so I could use it? I really don't wanna dig out the ancient brick just for skinning, but it's becoming a temptation...
    On second thought, I kind of like having that line hidden. With the 4cast below (down) and the Calendar above (up) things are nicely balanced (esp. w/the clock being displayed when you turn your phone on again w/the Butler keyguard ). I would really like to see the # of unread e-mail messages though. The rest I can do w/o. (Maybe the e-mail counter could take the place of the phone company spot?)

All the best.

EDIT: Now if the Calendar "magically" appears only when there is an event (which means there would be nothing on the top, causing an imbalanced look), then I could see NOT having the line being hidden (making the line on top w/the weather below). So we're back to hiding the "No upcoming events" thing.
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 04/13/2009 at 10:36 PM.

Yea, I used to be pretty anal about the balance, too. But now I actually prefer it with the clock at top & info at bottom:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...414-100938.jpg

(Looks beautiful on my black Centro )
    Yea, I used to be pretty anal about the balance, too. But now I actually prefer it with the clock at top & info at bottom:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...414-100938.jpg

(Looks beautiful on my black Centro )
    Very nice!!!

Now...how did you eliminate your city name from being displayed?

Do you know how to turn off/hide the speaker volume graphic at the top?
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Now...how did you eliminate your city name from being displayed?
    Launch 4cast, go into General Preferences, under the Plugins section unhighlight "name" so it doesn't get displayed.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    The speaker volume is always there, [Edit: NachoB said the rest ]
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Launch 4cast, go into General Preferences, under the Plugins section unhighlight "name" so it doesn't get displayed.
    Wow, so crazy. That's what I did the other day, but it didn't do it. Hmmm....you (and fstop) must have the touch.

Thanks!

The speaker volume is always there, [Edit: NachoB said the rest ]
    Yeah, I'm lurking. Usually stay in the Pre forum but happened to stagger this-a-way for a looksee.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    2. Here ya go. There's TONS of skins here that aren't on shsh.com, I wish Shimon (or anyone, really) had the time to gather all the skins together on a single page, it's a pain in the rear to search a hundred pages when you don't know the skin name

That's a very cool skin, but not the one I'm looking for. I'm looking for something transparent and/or invisible. I'm looking for something that has transparent buttons on the dialpad (so I can still see the background image), and maybe without the buttons at the bottom of the Find screen (like in your last screenshot).
    Check here for ones with tabs on the bottom and no iBar border: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1548013

Or, if you like the tabs and the semi-transparent border for the i-bar: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1438124

And here for no tabs on the bottom and no iBar border: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1566659

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Check here for ones with tabs on the bottom and no iBar border: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1548013

Or, if you like the tabs and the semi-transparent border for the i-bar: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1438124

And here for no tabs on the bottom and no iBar border: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1566659
    Thanks, will do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    I've gotta say I have tried just about every Keyguard and constantly go back to the Butler Keyguard. I bought Butler for my 650 so I have grown accustomed to the many functions it performed then and still perform today. So I disagree with the notion that its no longer worth the price.
    Yea, sorry, I shoulda explained it better: if the keyguard was the only feature I was gonna use, I couldn't imagine paying $15 for just that. Especially since 1- the price is only valid for updates within a year of purchase, so if a major update comes after a year you'd have to pay for it again, and 2- Rob still hasn't fixed the 4cast plugin to display properly, & other than the time, that's the most important info display for me. (& knowin my luck, he'd probably update it 366 days after I bought it ) But in general, YES, Butler is very worth the price.

Other than that (just cause I'm in the mood to type ), this is how I came to live without Butler:

Alarms- Like you said, there's tons of alternative options here, I've actually got three different simple alarm apps Accessorized into DAs to best serve different purposes; medication reminders, cooking timers, hourly chimes (for work purposes), daily alarms, etc.

Attention Grabber: Obviously I use AttnGrab in place of this, in my experience it's much more stable on the Centro, it's never failed me yet; the Butler version 'forgets' the LED too often, & is sometimes dismissed by any screen touch, no matter what app you're in. It also dismisses an SMS nag when Messaging is opened, as opposed to AttnGrab's trigger of opening the actual unread message.

Keylauncher: Now I used to use the Centro's built-in Keylauncher and was quite discouraged when I fell in love with KeyCaps600, but then re-joyed when I found the Butler option to make them both work. But there's only so many letters that logically stand for something, & after that you end up assigning random keys to actions.. I just prefer to separate everything into categories within each hard key via DBLP. With this approach, I've only got to remember which of four buttons is used to launch/initiate something, rather than which of twenty-six(ish?) buttons. Same number of button presses to launch something either way, but admittedly DBLP may take a bit longer depending on how far down the list the desired app is. Plus there's the added bonus of DAs being launchable with this same method, so it kills a couple birds right there.

Buttons: Same as Keylauncher above: (DBLP pwns!!!)

Volume Keys: This feature often resets my Centro with a press-and-hold to scroll thru something. TreoSkey, however, does not

Speedy keys: Now without THIS, I'd probably have thrown my Centro under a moving vehicle. Twice. Gotta love the Japanese: UR-KeyRate DA. Just set & forget.

Keyguard: Like I said, I've never had the need for a keyguard on this device-not once have I ever had a button pressed inside my pocket-so it just slows me down. But if I ever changed my ways, Butler's BY FAR the prettiest and most tailored to my needs & liking (other than that annoying 4cast bug).

Remote lock: I never use Security, no need, so I don't bother with this at all. Nothin to hide, & chances are, if someone's stupid enough to steal, they're not smart enough to know how to operate PalmOS anyway

Lefty Preference: Southpaw, born & raised; & I'd LOVE to have this actually work in apps other than Hobbyist software in fact, I'd pay to get something like this for just Blazer. But until then...

So there it is, did I miss anything major?

OH! Almost forgot to mention- All my alternatives are free, take up less than half the memory all together than Butler alone, and have less effect on the speed of my device (performance takes a slight hit with Butler active).

Sorry to be so OT, & Nothing against Hobbyist, they're top-notch when it comes to PalmOS developers. I guess I just take a bit more pride in my fine-tunings of my device & felt like gloating a bit
    Speedy keys: Now without THIS, I'd probably have thrown my Centro under a moving vehicle. Twice. Gotta love the Japanese: UR-KeyRate DA. Just set & forget.
    Would you mind expanding on how you utilize this app?

Then, let's get back to TAKEphONE...

That's it! (I was looking for your Invisible skin.) Thanks, Nacho!

I use Clock - Bold Skin Lt. Does anybody have (or could PLEASE make) that in an Italics version?

I would love to see my Find screen w/an Italics clock...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...414-202456.jpg

Beautiful wallpaper!!!!

To use UR-Keyrate you must launch it with a DA Launcher. It changes the repeat rate for when you hold down a button, like a letter or 5-way direction. One slider determines how long you have to hold the button before it actually starts re peating, & the other determines exactly how fast it's repeated after that. It makes scroll navigation actually bearable.
    Thanks! (And kind of like you, I think it looks good on my blue 755p. )

I'm looking for an italics version of that clock. I think the italicized keyguard from Butler (as on overlay) would look pretty good on top of my TAKEphONE screen/background. Considering I can't change the Butler keyguard anymore (nor do I think I want to -- I hear ya about the weather bug though) I think it would add some depth to it.

Slight sidebar...I'd love to see just the unread e-mail notifier below the radio signal & battery icons.
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 04/14/2009 at 10:09 PM.