Page 143 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145146147148153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3066
    It's those 'f's, they'll get you every time
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    It's those 'f's, they'll get you every time
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Go to Preferences
    Then get to "Using the Phone Button"

You should be able to arrange the buttons with the arror keys.

I don't know about your #2 question and pretty sure you can't do your #3 question.

Good Luck
    Thanks for your help...but can you really put the "heart" where the "phone" is, and the "phone" where the "heart" is? Maybe I've been staring at this program for too long today, but would you mind trying to do what you suggested to do. If that's right, I just can't get it.

And fstop was right, on both accounts.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    I'd totally love to hide the calendar plugin when there's no upcoming events.

There are many reasons why I don't use the standard phone application, and that is one of them (and a major one in my opinion). I've gone from that to Skinner to DialByPhoto and now, maybe, this. I really want to go from the "home" button (at the bottom) straight to the "phone" button though (skipping over the "heart" button).

I'm sure you'll see lots of my whining about my minimalistic tendencies once you get around to reading this whole thread
    And that's another reason...sidebar...why I don't use Nexave. I like the simplistic, transparent design, but simply too much data. But that's another discussion/thread.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Thanks for your help...but can you really put the "heart" where the "phone" is, and the "phone" where the "heart" is? Maybe I've been staring at this program for too long today, but would you mind trying to do what you suggested to do. If that's right, I just can't get it.

And fstop was right, on both accounts.
    You're right, you can't move the phone button but you can move the others.
    Sorry about that fodt.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    There are many reasons why I don't use the standard phone application, and that is one of them (and a major one in my opinion). I've gone from that to Skinner to DialByPhoto and now, maybe, this. I really want to go from the "home" button (at the bottom) straight to the "phone" button though (skipping over the "heart" button).

And that's another reason...sidebar...why I don't use Nexave. I like the simplistic, transparent design, but simply too much data. But that's another discussion/thread.
    Haha, yea I agree. I've always thought Nexave is horribly ugly. Have you tried the Butler Keyguard? I don't use a keyguard at all, but if I did...

& I'll drop a hint to Shimon about the Calendar plugin idea, who knows, it might be as simple as an "If: No Upcoming Events, Then: hide plugin"-type code to write. Maybe he can squeeze the project into his schefule if there's ebough support for it.
    Shimon says:
    Nice idea! Will consider doing this
    I sure hope so. But the more I think about it, the easier I think it'll be. The "No upcoming events" and "No tasks" lines of text are generated within TAKEphONE, not from the source app... so all he'd have to do is make it display no text instead of the "No..." notifications.
  8.    #2848  
    It will still take up the space there...
    Okay by me.
    Haha, yea I agree. I've always thought Nexave is horribly ugly. Have you tried the Butler Keyguard? I don't use a keyguard at all, but if I did...
    I was thinking about that, just not sure I can plunk down $15 for a keyguard though. I almost think I "need" to have one though. I guess I (insert your favorite front or back anatomical reference in the blank) ________-dialed a phone number last summer when the phone was in my pocket. I would hate to do that to the wrong person...well, anybody for that matter. We were at a party and it was late.

I guess keyguards are actually quite tricky, Tex from TealPoint was telling me. I used KeyGEx (disastrous experience) & Weather's keyguard (nice, esp. with the weather, but they don't "match" the screens, skins, backgrounds, wallpapers, etc. that I use.

& I'll drop a hint to Shimon about the Calendar plugin idea, who knows, it might be as simple as an "If: No Upcoming Events, Then: hide plugin"-type code to write. Maybe he can squeeze the project into his schefule if there's ebough support for it.
    Very cool, thanks!

Okay by me.
    Me, too!!!

I was thinking about that, just not sure I can plunk down $15 for a keyguard though.
    Well, I hate to be too blunt, but it is a full-featured, un-expiring 'trial' period... and if you only use the keuguard feature then you shouldn't experience nags... plus if that's the only Butler feature you use, I'd say it justifies not paying $15. But normally, I'm all for supporting great developers: I could have easily just entered my sereal numbers into my wife's Centro to get her TAKEphONE and 4cast (she got jealous of how 'cool' my phone was ) but I went ahead and re-purchased licenses for her device as well. Shimon can back me up on that one. Plus I feel that since those 2 apps are used multiple times daily by the both of us, a single-time payment is easily justified over even a few months' use.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    You're right, you can't move the phone button but you can move the others.
    Sorry about that fodt.
    Good Luck
    Ok, thanks for (suggesting and) checking.

Anybody else care to see this as a potential upgrade?

Along those lines...what about the way in which your city is displayed in the weather field? I'm specifically referring to the parentheses ( ) before and after your city name. I think that is more of a 4cast question (since you actually define it in that app -- under Options, then General preferences) but I think it would look "cleaner" without the punctuation marks. But since it is the same developer...

Any thoughts?

But normally, I'm all for supporting great developers:
    I'm in complete agreement with you. Did the same almost instantaneously with TealOS and a few other apps (Ha! I actually did that w/Power Hero, also from Hobbyist). There's definitely a need to support good developers and/or programs. (I don't know if that made sense.)

EDIT: Will check it out. Thanks for the reminders (of Butler (I hadn't tried it yet but was going to and then forgot), and why it is good/important to support developers, esp. if there is a true need/utility the app accomplishes for you).
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 04/12/2009 at 10:01 PM.

I've gotta say I have tried just about every Keyguard and constantly go back to the Butler Keyguard. I bought Butler for my 650 so I have grown accustomed to the many functions it performed then and still perform today. So I disagree with the notion that its no longer worth the price. I would say you should try it out. Some of my best features are:
    - Keyguard - still the very best for us purists. Do wish Rob would fix the weather plugin to include current temp though.
    - Keylauncher (even on the Centro Butler is still better than the built in functionality)
    - Security ( I use Butler to enable my security app at power-up and power down) works like a charm.
    - Alarms - I know there are others but Butler simply kicks A $$ when it comes to having multiple alarms.
    Attention Grabber - annoying as hell but saved me so many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    I've gotta say I have tried just about every Keyguard and constantly go back to the Butler Keyguard. I bought Butler for my 650 so I have grown accustomed to the many functions it performed then and still perform today. So I disagree with the notion that its no longer worth the price. I would say you should try it out. Some of my best features are:
    - Keyguard - still the very best for us purists. Do wish Rob would fix the weather plugin to include current temp though.
    - Keylauncher (even on the Centro Butler is still better than the built in functionality)
    - Security ( I use Butler to enable my security app at power-up and power down) works like a charm.
    - Alarms - I know there are others but Butler simply kicks A $$ when it comes to having multiple alarms.
    Attention Grabber - annoying as hell but saved me so many times.
    Thanks! Am definitely going to try it out.

Now, back to TAKEphONE...

A couple more newbie questions...

1) Next to the contact list categories you have unread email & SMS counters, but what is the number in brackets (and can you turn it off)?

2) I think I remember reading in one of Nacho's posts that he made an "invisible" skin, but couldn't find it on the "shsh" website (nor the Patriotic Mickey theme -- although I did get that from Marc's Deviant site), would someone please guide me in the right direction. (Can't seem to find it using the search method tonight.)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Both ON- & Off-topic...

ON-topic
    ...I applied Butler (w/my preferences) to TAKEphONE and it looks awesome! I wanted to take a screenshot (to show you guys bec. I'm so excited with the background I chose!) but not sure I can. (I can't even get ScreenDump to work w/McPhling.) Which of course means Butler is working.

Off-topic...I'll be buying Butler VERY SOON!!! Also I'm attaching the icon I made for it (for Treo Launcher usage -- feel free to change to another launcher if needed).

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...reo/Butler.gif

And again, back to TAKEphONE...
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 04/13/2009 at 10:37 AM.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Nice icon. Though the Hobbyist icons all stick with a theme and stand out, they "sure ain't purdy"! It would be nice to see replacements for all of their icons - <Hint>... I think once you buy one of their apps it's likely you'll get more anyway.
    A couple more newbie questions...

1) Next to the contact list categories you have unread email & SMS counters, but what is the number in brackets (and can you turn it off)?

2) I think I remember reading in one of Nacho's posts that he made an "invisible" skin, but couldn't find it on the "shsh" website (nor the Patriotic Mickey theme -- although I did get that from Marc's Deviant site), would someone please guide me in the right direction. (Can't seem to find it using the search method tonight.)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
    1. That's the number of search results displayed when you begin typing to find a contact. Too bad it doesn't 'go away' when you haven't typed anything..

2. Here ya go. There's TONS of skins here that aren't on shsh.com, I wish Shimon (or anyone, really) had the time to gather all the skins together on a single page, it's a pain in the rear to search a hundred pages when you don't know the skin name
    Quote Originally Posted by avenm View Post
    It's not your phone it looks as though the rcp file for the 2 is wrong in that file. I'm going to post the one other one I was telling you about that I fixed. It doesn't have the jagged edges as much either. Let me know if this one works ok for you.
    Could someone make this, but in the large format?