Page 136 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141146 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 3066
    Nice job.
    That clock looks awfully familiar
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Thanks! That's my favorite clock!!!

Take care ..................Greg
    NachoB I got you're pm but wasn't able to respond since I don't have enough posts yet....lol hopefully soon. I didn't want to be rude so I'll just post my reply here for now:

Aww thank you!!! You've got me blushing!!!

I'm new to the world of Palm and think Takephone makes the plain Palm OS look so much better. Thanks for all your great contributions to it that I've seen, they are all extremely good!!!! You should be proud of yourself

Thanks for taking the time welcoming me to the forums!
    ♥ Heather ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Yeh, I just switched back to the 'normal' sized clock to see the differwnce.. and woah!! I'll NEVER go back

I was thinking the exact same thing even though I love the "normal" sized clocks!!!

I did another quick clock, it's not that great since I'm in my beginning stages of creating but thought I'd share anyway

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...enshot0009.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hljt; 02/17/2009 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Uploaded Pic
    ♥ Heather ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by avenm View Post
    Hey I have a request. I'm not sure who posted/made this clock originally (I think its an opaque version of the built in) I know Marc posted one similar a few threads back but the edges were a little jagged and this one seems to be ok, it just needs some fixing.

1. Can someone please fix the small numbers of this clock so they match the large numbers, and

2.Make a large version (like the bbold one you all made for fstop) as well. (I would like to have both sizes)

I tried making a couple of clocks myself but I keep getting really jagged edges and haven't been able to figure out how to smooth them out. (I am using Paint Shop Pro if anyone uses that program and can tell me how to smooth the edges of my numbers)
    Thanks everyone!!!

I'll try to help out once I figure out how to do transparent clocks. If someone could tell me what I need to do to make the clock transparent I would greatly appreciate it!
    ♥ Heather ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by hljt View Post
    I'll try to help out once I figure out how to do transparent clocks. If someone could tell me what I need to do to make the clock transparent I would greatly appreciate it!
    Here's the post with the translucent clock skinmaker.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1427055
    Mostly you use shades of white/black to get the translucent look you want.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Well when the PRE gets released I will have a Drinking party & see what happens this time around
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Here's the post with the translucent clock skinmaker.
    Thanks NachoB!!!

However I just tried it on the big bBold clock I did and it came out awful lol

It's because where the edge of the white number meets the black backround of the flip clock, that's when it becomes see through so it looks terrible.
    ♥ Heather ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Well when the PRE gets released I will have a Drinking party & see what happens this time around
    Cheers Rev.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Thanks NachoB!!!

However I just tried it on the big bBold clock I did and it came out awful lol

It's because where the edge of the white number meets the black backround of the flip clock, that's when it becomes see through so it looks terrible.
    I believe black (0 0 0) comes out invisible. I haven't tested it though to know this for sure.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I believe black (0 0 0) comes out invisible. I haven't tested it though to know this for sure.

Thanks, your probably right

I guess I'll just have to play around with it and see what I come up with
    ♥ Heather ♥
    @Shimon

I know since the anouncement of the new web os Pre all palm os apps seemed to have slowed down but i was wondering if ur planning on adding any more features to takephone before u move on?

Namely the animations for the upwards and downwards swipe of the ibar and side to side page swipe for tabs.

Do u think u will implement that before u finish takephone up?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Correct. 0 0 0 shows black as invisible. My icons I use are all created this way.

Take care ..................Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by glt9007 View Post
    Correct. 0 0 0 shows black as invisible. My icons I use are all created this way.
    This is different than what I'm referring to with the Transparent Clock. There is the setting in the rcp file where you define what will be invisible, but then the skin maker for the clock defines how transparent the clock will be based on grayscale shades. And I think it treats the color black (0 0 0) as invisible non dependent of what color I've defined in the rcp file. Meaning I could define pink (255 0 255) as invisible in the rcp file but if I use the color black (0 0 0) in the bitmap itself that will also come out invisible when making a transparent clock skin. Hope that makes sense.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    This is different than what I'm referring to with the Transparent Clock. There is the setting in the rcp file where you define what will be invisible, but then the skin maker for the clock defines how transparent the clock will be based on grayscale shades. And I think it treats the color black (0 0 0) as invisible non dependent of what color I've defined in the rcp file. Meaning I could define pink (255 0 255) as invisible in the rcp file but if I use the color black (0 0 0) in the bitmap itself that will also come out invisible when making a transparent clock skin. Hope that makes sense.
    That makes sense to me

This is what happens when I try to do the big bBold clock transparent:

-The pic on top is the original that I'm trying to do transparent

-The middle pic is what happens on some backrounds, it comes out looking jagged

-The last pic looks normal which is what it looks like on most backrounds I've tested

It's probably just me doing something wrong lol

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...007/Image1.jpg
    ♥ Heather ♥
    That makes sense to me

This is what happens when I try to do the big bBold clock transparent:

-The pic on top is the original that I'm trying to do transparent

-The middle pic is what happens on some backrounds, it comes out looking jagged

-The last pic looks normal which is what it looks like on most backrounds I've tested

It's probably just me doing something wrong lol

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...007/Image1.jpg
    I can't tell if the middle one is bad or if I'm seeing the effects of jpg image compression. Maybe try changing the color of the numbers to that of the chrome one you are working on. It looks as if all white comes out invisible as well.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I can't tell if the middle one is bad or if I'm seeing the effects of jpg image compression. Maybe try changing the color of the numbers to that of the chrome one you are working on. It looks as if all white comes out invisible as well.

The middle one is what it looked like on my phone. For some reason it comes out like that on some wallpaper, but not others. I'll try working on it some more. Thanks for taking the time to help me out!
    ♥ Heather ♥
  18.    #2718  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    @Shimon

I know since the anouncement of the new web os Pre all palm os apps seemed to have slowed down but i was wondering if ur planning on adding any more features to takephone before u move on?

Namely the animations for the upwards and downwards swipe of the ibar and side to side page swipe for tabs.

Do u think u will implement that before u finish takephone up?
    Hi all,

I feel really bad for neglecting you guys for so long (and I do miss develoiping for the Treo/Centro...).

I promise I have not given up on Palm. I am real busy with Android (and iPhone) development, as well as some contacted projects, but promise to come back and do a survey of your requests for further development.
    I will post here when I get back.

Oh, and great to see you guys are still doing beautiful things for skinning and 'clocking' - GREAT job, all !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    No worries Shimon! I haven't felt neglected. No-one seems to be having any problems, which means, you've done a fantastic job with TAKEphONE!!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Heather: something I learned a while ago is to not use white or black as your transparent color but work with pink or one of the other 255 255 0 colors. (AKA 255 255 0, 255 0 255 or 0 255 255). They stick out like a sore thumb and are not as likely to be overlooked or accidently blended. Be sure to change the RCP file to the same color.