Page 131 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131132133134135136141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3066
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Hmm.. has anyone made a skin that doesn't have any kind of 'space' for the ibar icons to be resting on? Like, when you display the ibar WITHOUT any icons in it, you shouldn't be able to see those squares at all. That's what I need.

I'm thinking about making custom icons who's backgrounds match exactly to the wallpaper beneath them, so all there is is the icon floating there to click. Here's a quick Photoshop of my idea:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ta/mock-up.jpg

Although I'm thinking on a much broader scale... I want to make the background a scene of some sort & have my top 5 contacts coming up from the bottom like they're all standing there for a picture. The edges of the buttons will merge with the wallpaper and be undetectable (as long as someone can find/make me a skin like mentioned above =D ) and when I want to call someone I just click their head. I hope this makes sense.. if done right it could look amazing.
    If you are referring to the background and/or border of each ibar item, yes it can be made invisible. I have done several skins with this. See the poor Pre skin I just did, which does not include ibar background. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2567
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Very nice fstopstigmata
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Thanks guys. Here's the mock-up I made while I was waiting for your replies:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...9123-94420.jpg

=]

Obviously I'd take much more time to match the hues and shadows (I don't even know these people, I stole them from Google just for this) but I think it would look unbelievable if done right. Especially when you use the selector glow to go from one to the next. Obviously the main downfall is that you can only have five contacts, but I think it's a small forfeit for such a cool idea. I'll post back here with more progress later...
    NachoB: Could you do me a HUGE favor and make up a skin for me when you have the time? I want it the same as Invisible White, only with the iBar frames invisible, too. I'd be forever grateful! =]

(If you could get rid of those two horizontal lines above and below the clock, I'd prefer that, too, but if not, no biggie.)
    NachoB: Could you do me a HUGE favor and make up a skin for me when you have the time? I want it the same as Invisible White, only with the iBar frames invisible, too. I'd be forever grateful! =]

(If you could get rid of those two horizontal lines above and below the clock, I'd prefer that, too, but if not, no biggie.)
    I was already on it.. NIB = No iBar Border
    Can't get rid of the lines, those are hard coded.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Thanks dude, big help =D
    Ive never done it but I figure if you just make a square .bmp in the transparancy color in the rcp file you should get that effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Ive never done it but I figure if you just make a square .bmp in the transparancy color in the rcp file you should get that effect.
    B I N G O

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Yea, thought about that, but I think that it would just be alot easier & quicker (& get the same results) if I just compose the entire image, flatten it, then use a square copy where the icon will be (leaving the face in the background, too, so it shows up in the dialer). That way I can hack away at the edges & blend everything to look nice & natural before I flatten it.. if I make a .bmp of single layers it might end up looking goofy & taking more time to fix; I tend to do multiple layers to add shadows and such & usually create a mess layer-wise. So personally, at least, I think that a quick square Copy at the end of editing will save me alot of time. We'll see, I guess!
    Yea, thought about that, but I think that it would just be alot easier & quicker (& get the same results) if I just compose the entire image, flatten it, then use a square copy where the icon will be (leaving the face in the background, too, so it shows up in the dialer). That way I can hack away at the edges & blend everything to look nice & natural before I flatten it.. if I make a .bmp of single layers it might end up looking goofy & taking more time to fix; I tend to do multiple layers to add shadows and such & usually create a mess layer-wise. So personally, at least, I think that a quick square Copy at the end of editing will save me alot of time. We'll see, I guess!
    I think OLD_HATCH was referring to what I already did, which was to make the color of the bitmap the same as defined as the transparent color in the rcp file, making an invisible background for the iBar images.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    O crap. There went some brain cells.

I thought Old_Hatch was talking about making my .bmp icons with a transparent background.
    O crap. There went some brain cells.

I thought Old_Hatch was talking about making my .bmp icons with a transparent background.
    They would turn out like crap if you attempted that (nothing to do with you graphics editing abilities).

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Kinda what I thought.. don't want to waste the effort trying anyway.

Thanks for being so quick & helpful, by the way. Much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hey guys long time no see! I sold my centro a while back. I have a BB now (don't shoot!!! ) But I also bought another centro a black one this time. So I am back on stomping grounds to get this thing all snazzy again. Nice to be back! That is if you guys will have me back...
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Mcentreville, did you go to a BB too? Man, you will be missed. You along with NachoB did a lot of skins for my PINK centro. Ok, I think I just made him glad he switched with that remembrance...lol but seriously, you are extremely talented and I love all the skins you do.

Although I love my BB and wouldn't get rid of it for nothing, I just had to get another centro to put on my other line. I really missed all the cool TP skins and some of the cool apps.
    Test
    Another test
    Third test
    Last test
    fstopstigmata, could you post the wallpaper you used for this one? I like blue backgrounds, and thought this might look good in my 2day.

Thx!!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p