Page 130 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3066
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post

"...(heavy sigh)... to the dark side of Windows Mobile."

Do I like it? There are some things that are a lot better. There are A LOT of things that are not as good (many of those being associated with missing Shimon's programs).
    You aren't alone. I went to the grey side of Blackberry earlier this week. The skinning/themes opportunities over here are tremendous. Nacho would be in heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    You aren't alone. I went to the grey side of Blackberry earlier this week. The skinning/themes opportunities over here are tremendous. Nacho would be in heaven.
    Sssssssssssshhhh!!! We've already lost mcentreville........ don't tempt NachoB toooooo! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared002.gif

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Hello Marc Centerville,
    ... I´m realy sad to hear of your "changeover to the dark side".

Today is my first day using "TakePhone" and trying to do some skinnig. Searching the web for a "skinning-tool" I found this thread. (... and I really love it). I saw your fantastic work ... and had to read, that you are leaving this community. Thats a great loss for all the guys here around.

You offered to send the sources of your skins. I would like to do some more work with them. I like your tabs in the last "pre-vue". But I have to change the colours of the speeddial-tabs. They are too dark for me. I have to create a brighter skin (in bright grey).
    If its ok for you I would really like to use some stuff of your recources.

My eMail adresss is:
    joerg dot rahe at web.de

WinMobile is no alternative for me as long as I´m able to work with my Palm.
    The new webOS seemed to be fun, but Garnet is my working platform.

Palm is still alive (... for me)!

I wish you all the best for your new windows-age. Have a good time.

Thanks and greetings
    Jörg
    --------------------------------
    Jörg Rahe
    Iven-Kruse-Weg 5
    24619 Bornhöved
    Germany
    joerg dot rahe at web dot de

--------------------------------
    (I had to post this request in this thread instead of a PM, because I´m to new to this forum. I need at least 15 posts to get the ability to send PMs)
    Quote Originally Posted by avenm View Post
    Hey this came out nice! Is it possible for you to post the clock skin used in this skin. I've been looking for it and haven't had any luck finding it. Thanks!
    I think this one's it. Let me know if it's not. It's basically the built-in clock, opaque rather than transparent. It will only look good on medium to dark backgrounds, because the black outline around the font is a big jagged in places.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    It's sad to see you riding off into the sunset Marc, but best of luck to you! Thanks for all of your contributions to the Palm's usually less than pretty face.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Good Luck Marc and thanks for your creativity and talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by avenm View Post
    NOOOOOOO!!! <weeping> You can't be leaving us.
    Mcentreville, thank you so so much for all of your skins and talent you will be missed tremendously!!!
    Gee, guys, you're getting me all weepy and choked up ("Serves him right!" says Delpita LOL ) Anyway, here's to you all and the encouragement you've all provided. As much as I've liked dressing up my own phone, I've enjoyed it more knowing you're all out there showing off Shimon's programs and being able to say, "I bet YOU can't make your Windows mobile do that!"
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    ........("Serves him right!" says Delpita LOL )
    Wow, you read my mind!

Actually, you WILL be missed......... And since I am the President of the "In crowd", you should know that you are always welcomed back!

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I still needed (wanted) a touch screen, and with my Treo going out when it did, I couldn't have waited for Verizon to eventually open up their phone choices (i.e. Storm) to their Alltel P.O.W.'s (er, "new customers"). lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Wow, you read my mind!
    Actually, you WILL be missed......... And since I am the President of the "In crowd", you should know that you are always welcomed back!
    Wow! Thanks! Does that mean somebody's going to keep my seat warm for me while I'm "away"?

<potentially running and ducking for cover>
    Well I of course, would be honored to keep the seat warm for you!
    <Del giggles, as she thinks of all the 'warm' things she can put on mcentreville's seat until his return.....>

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by jrahe View Post
    You offered to send the sources of your skins. I would like to do some more work with them. I like your tabs in the last "pre-vue" . . . If its ok for you I would really like to use some stuff of your recources.
    I just sent it to your email. How wonderful to have another person making skins for TAKEphONE !!!
    Well I of course, would be honored to keep the seat warm for you! <Del giggles, as she thinks of all the 'warm' things she can put on mcentreville's seat until his return.....>
    Having gotten a new puppy a few months ago and trying to train her, I can't imagine what "warm things" you might have in mind

Please read the post immediately prior to this one. Do I at least get some "brownie points" for recruiting?

<Del giggles, as she thinks of all the 'warm' things she can put on mcentreville's seat until his return.....>
    Ewwwwwwww
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  13.    #2593  
    Oh - what a way to start a new week ....

I guess lots of the people here will argue, but I think I will miss you most of all - you have been a great contribution to TAKEphONE.

Added to my todo list for TAKEphONE - add stars to your name in TAKEphONE "credits" page (accessible from the "About" screen).

Or should I make those smilies ?

Shimon
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    I like clear and bright skins.
    So I did one for me using the "blue icons". I don´t write eMails from PDA, so I only display number of messages in the headline. The plugin "up" is the 4cast-weather from my hometown, the plugin "down" is the calendar-preview.
    With this skin I´m able to reach of of my most-used applications with only a few clicks (D-pad). That´s really great.
    [=> skin file "rahe_color_skin.pdb"]

I had to add two new icons ("batterie" for batteriegraph and "sandclock" for a shorttimer) and a third as a template for new icons.
    [=> icon file "tp_icons_rahe_blue.prc"]

On the screenshots you can see:
    a) the starting-page
    [=> img "takephone1.bmp"]

b) the iBar-page
    [=> img "takephone2.bmp"]

c) the dialing-page
    [=> img "takephone3.bmp"]

Greetings
    Jörg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jrahe View Post
    I like clear and bright skins.
    Jörg
    Nice job Jorg.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Lookin good, Jorg.

Just for fun, since you mentioned you like clear & bright skins- my preference is dark & simple skins. Here's my screenshot from the other end of the spectrum:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...9123-22609.jpg
    Hello TurboTiger and fstopstigmata,
    ...thanks for your kind regards.

@ fstopstigmata,
    ... your skin is pretty clean, too. (just a littttle bit too dark for me )

One question:
    How did you configured the weather plugin only showing the icon, weathertext and temperature ?

I´m using 4cast as a plugin. It displays me always the location in brackets and the time of the last synchronisation. I didn´t found any configuration to show it in a plain case like you.

Greetings
    Jörg
    ... another graphic experiment:

I took a picture of a bridge in the north of Germany (Fehmarn-Sund bridge).
    I resized the picture to 320x320, than using a drawing-tool I made a sketch of it.

For the second part I took the original picture and resized it to 240x48. Than I sliced 5 buttons a 48x48px from this.
    [=> img "takephone1-f.bmp"]

Its looking pretty nice, I like this design. But you have to remember the function of the buttons (... or using the tooltips )
    [=> img "takephone2-f.bmp"]

Theres no iBar-Page, only the i-Bar row at the buttom. (I wouldn´t remember so much buttons... )

Greetings
    Jörg

P.S.: I have to do 5 more posts, than I´ll be allowed to link my images inline of the text.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Your bridge skin is a neat idea, it gives me a few ideas of my own... I'll post them here if I ever get around to making them =D

I've got an idea for those buttons: open the .bmp file on your computer and add text to them saying what they are. That way you don't have to worry about memorizing them. I know you could make it really nice looking with the right font & editing. I'd take a stab at making an example for you, but I just got out of work & on my way to bed =]

As for the weather display, you have to edit the settings for that within 4cast. Go to Menu>Display Preferences and at the bottom are different buttons for plugin display items. just deselect the buttons you want to get rid of.

I've always wanted to do my own skins, but I have a Mac, so I can't use the skin creator.. But like I mentioned earlier, I think between making my own background & buttons I can come up with a really neat idea. I have the weekend off, so maybe I can get the ball rolling.

Goodnight!
    Hmm.. has anyone made a skin that doesn't have any kind of 'space' for the ibar icons to be resting on? Like, when you display the ibar WITHOUT any icons in it, you shouldn't be able to see those squares at all. That's what I need.

I'm thinking about making custom icons who's backgrounds match exactly to the wallpaper beneath them, so all there is is the icon floating there to click. Here's a quick Photoshop of my idea:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ta/mock-up.jpg

Although I'm thinking on a much broader scale... I want to make the background a scene of some sort & have my top 5 contacts coming up from the bottom like they're all standing there for a picture. The edges of the buttons will merge with the wallpaper and be undetectable (as long as someone can find/make me a skin like mentioned above =D ) and when I want to call someone I just click their head. I hope this makes sense.. if done right it could look amazing.