1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 650, and was wondering if there was any advantage to trading it in for a later model to use it as a wireless modem. I have a Macbook Pro with bluetooth and airport. Is the new hardware more stable? Faster? Is bluetooth anywhere near as fast as using it as a wireless modem with a USB cable?

TIA!

Mark
    I'm thinking your internet speed is not limited by the bluetooth connection on a Treo 650.

On the other hand, if you get one of the "broadband" internet phones, it might be possible that your connection speed could increase to the point that the bluetooth connection could be the limiting factor. Someone with more knowledge than I would have to answer that one.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Go for the 700p, it'll give you much faster speeds than the 650. At that point however, the bluetooth connection would bottleneck your transfer speed. I found that my max speed using bluetooth DUN with my A900 was about 300kbps. Plugged in the USB cable and got 600-800 kbps.