1.    #1  
    I need to some advice!

I currently have a Blackberry 7130e and I like it. Now I don't love it because I think it would be cool to have a camera and a full Qwerty keyboard. The reason I am thinking of changing is because my Blackberry is acting up and I will have to pay 90 dollars to replace it under my insurance. I am thinking of getting a Treo 700p but am not sure. I also like the idea of being able to use the Treo to get online with my laptop. Can anyone give me some advice?

Edit: Oh and I own a mac thats why I posted it here!
    Last edited by Ellerbestyle; 03/06/2007 at 10:43 PM.
  2.    #2  
    No one has ever had both a Blackberry and a Treo?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I don't think you will find many BB & Mac users, mainly because palm synced better with mac, I have gone from the treo 600 to the 680 and I use Missing sync to go between the Mac & Treo, Yea I wish the battery would last a little longer but I just have to make sure I keep it charged.
  4.    #4  
    so it works good being able to use the data connection with the Treo and get online on a mac?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    it works for me, I only upgrade when I have to, I am still on mac os 10.3.9
    I only recently upgraded my missing sync, because of the 680, I use my phone/laptop everyday for business and travel so far so good
  6.    #6  
    Sounds good I guess I am going to switch.

Is it better to get the palm OS?
    Mark Space recently released software to sync the Blackberry in OSX. it's still in beta and so of the features aren't quite finished but works quite well. So I wouldn't take the Blackberry out of the running unless of course you need DUN at 3G speeds.
    If you don't mind switching carriers, the Blackberry 8800 on Cingular seems to be an attractive device, although you won't get the 3G speeds still. You do gain a marginally functional GPS.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerbestyle View Post
    Sounds good I guess I am going to switch.

Is it better to get the palm OS?
    I suggest you go to a Palm store and play with both OSes. Whichever one seems more intuitive to you is the one you should get. I will say that i've used Palms since the Pilot and am comfortable with the Palm OS. We had a 700W (test mule) and I absolutely HATED the os. That's probably because i'm a Mac user, i'm guessing someone that's a windows user would be more comfortable with the windows mobile. For my taste, the Palm OS is more user friendly and if you worship Mossberg it's the one he prefers. Just go play with both and see what you think.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste