1.    #1  
    Something I don't understand regarding the 4Cast app. Why does the main screen at the very top alternates between "weather.yahoo.com" and "True for 3/6 5:56pm" ?? At the top of the 5 rows of different days Monday through Friday, the first day (today) alternates between say "Mostly Cloudy" and "Now: Partly Cloudy". But this same alternating info doesn't apply for the other days of the week. I'm confused by this. I don't know which info to rely on. Is there a way to turn this alternating info off, or maybe I have the wrong settings?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Something I don't understand regarding the 4Cast app. Why does the main screen at the very top alternates between "weather.yahoo.com" and "True for 3/6 5:56pm" ?? At the top of the 5 rows of different days Monday through Friday, the first day (today) alternates between say "Mostly Cloudy" and "Now: Partly Cloudy". But this same alternating info doesn't apply for the other days of the week. I'm confused by this. I don't know which info to rely on. Is there a way to turn this alternating info off, or maybe I have the wrong settings?
    The "now" applies to the most current reading while the alternate display applies to the forecast for the entire day. The reason subsequent days don't display this way is because there is no "now" for tomorrow... yet.

The display at the top is just informational, I think. So you can see when the last update to the yahoo service was.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the explanation! I was confused.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    There's a lot of wasted screen realestate there, though. I mean, how often would the average user care where the weather data came from? Once in a very long while, I would guess. So, why do we need that info staring us in the face? I've always thought that bizarre, but Shimon is such a great, responsive developer it's hard to complain.
    I think that area of screen display important info.

1. It tells you the time of the last update. On Yahoo it ususally happens at 53 after the hour. However sometimes it doesn't happen. Consequently, your data may be older than one hour. You can then choose to do a manuall refresh.

2. It also gives you the "real feel" which is the heat index or the wind chill.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover