Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm just hoping Cingular gets a POS device higher than the 680. 700, 750, 755 any one these w/ the Palm OS will make me happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by scythe000 View Post
    I'm just hoping Cingular gets a POS device higher than the 680. 700, 750, 755 any one these w/ the Palm OS will make me happy!
    Doubt we'll be seeing any GSM POS devices anytime soon, as there's no reason to unless Palm can get UMTS/HSDPA working (which would require some major modifications to Garnet).
    You know, since I don't use my device for DUN, the GSM speeds for web browesing are fine for me. A faster chip with more memory would be well worth the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Actually....the EDGE Evolution network upgrade (rumored to be deployed worldwide by '09), assuming it gains any traction at all from the networks, MIGHT be enough of a speed boost for current FrankenGarnet devices....that's assuming the new GSM chipset in the Treo 680 is EE compatible and Palm provides the proper support.

A lot of "ifs", yes, but still worth keeping in mind. Palm actually might be a worthwhile partner to push EE, similar to how they were an effective partner for SD/MMC and Bluetooth early on for both of those standards.
    Any more word on the actual release date of May 14, 2007?

Will the Maroon Treo 755P be available through Sprint as well on the 14th?

Does anyone know if there will be a pre-order through Sprint prior to the launch date?
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Supposedly (according to the Engadget article) the Buguandy/Maroon 755p will only be available through the top-performing Sprint retail outlets. I have no idea which stores or markets comprise that list etc.

So far we haven't heard anything recently in regards to pricing, availability, or even solid specs (software bundle, RAM, battery size, miniSD or fullsize SD). I think Palm & Sprint are waiting until the 11th hour to make the call on the 755p---either from some kind of technical difficulty (the new Vista-ready version of Palm Desktop?) or to see if there's any late breaking iPhone news or something.
    Battery is smaller/slimmer than the 650 battery.
    The prl list it as 60607.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I love Sprint! I am saving $588 per year in free PowerVision vs. $49 at Verizon or Cingular. That buys a lot of bubblegum my friends. And where I live -- Sprint has complete coverage.
    Perry is so "RIGHT" on this issue!!

I spoke with Sprint Customer Service today and had a question on EVDO. I told the guy my screen shows 1x Sprint as the signal; not roaming but I am getting the broadband speeds of 325 to 468 kbps on my 700p. Just got a speed of 360 at 11:00 p.m. 5-1-07. The sprint rep said that it was grabbing evdo from my Alltel carrier who does have EVDO in the small town of Pecos, TX. But my phone said Sprint and 1x. The rep said that it will seek out the faster signal. I have to raise an "eyebrow" on that statement. I was using mobilespeedtest.com. Any comments on this?? The Rep told me that it will have the Rev A. He also uses the 6700 and said the 6800 will support rev A in a later download. Actually the 6800 may be a good phone but alas I am a die hard Palm OS fan looking forward to my Linux Treo 800-900 series.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 05/01/2007 at 11:24 PM.
    List price on the 755p is $649 before any subsidies. Memo to self: give wife a 700p.
    treo 755 is $649 before subsidies. Note to self: pass on the 755.
    Of course $649 is a little more than the Treo 700P was when it was launched, but as you have read from many here, the 700P was actually costing just a little out of pocket when you take in to consideration the incentives and promotions along with the selling of their Treo 650. Some folks actually made money as you know. It will be interesting to see what promos will come about for the 755P launch. Obviously there is no "Road Show" for this one... LOL

I would like to know how or where to obtain the list of the top 100 stores that will stock the 'maroon' 755P?
    I'd would wager a guess that these stores will probably be located in large metro areas as well as those embedded within airport terminals. Palm's going after stores with high volume exposure only at first to help cut their marketing costs.
    I am looking to get a PDA phone from Sprint as an upgrade to my a920. I think I am going to wait for a 755p, but I have one question. With the Palm OS, can you listen to mp3's and surf the web at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    List price on the 755p is $649 before any subsidies. Memo to self: give wife a 700p.
    Where did you see this price? I was hoping to buy one on the SERO plan as soon as they come out. The 700wx was only $249 on that plan. I guess I'll be getting a 700p
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I got the price on the phone from Sprint customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by nthuzst1 View Post
    I am looking to get a PDA phone from Sprint as an upgrade to my a920. I think I am going to wait for a 755p, but I have one question. With the Palm OS, can you listen to mp3's and surf the web at the same time?

As we speak I am listening to an mp3 and doing a mobilespeedtest.com.
    So it does work!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    As we speak I am listening to an mp3 and doing a mobilespeedtest.com.
    So it does work!
    Thanks. I had just heard that there was some issue with multi-tasking. Since I have never owned one, I just wanted to make sure.

Right now I'm torn b/w the 6800 and the 755. I like the form factor of the treo better.
    Correction: 755p uses MiniSD!, and not the standard SD card slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Correction: 755p uses MiniSD!, and not the standard SD card slot.
    Mini SD? I'll pass. If the new WM Treos use Mini SD, I'll be nonplussed as well.
    Yeah I don't know why they went Mini but that's not a deal killer for me. There are plenty of other things I can think of that are more important. Like "Did they learn the lessons of the 700p?" Like "Where's my little blinking star?"
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast