1.    #1  
    Well at first I was very optimistic about the 700p hoping for a quick software update and other programing getting updated.. It seems to me that not only palm but other 3rd party programs are giving up on the palm OS and migrating to supporting windows mobil the most. I really enjoy the palm OS interface and the compatibility with mac (which with palm desktop is just sad)..

Anyways about a month ago I dropped my treo in the gravel and ended up scratching my screen up. I have insurance on the phone and was thinking about making a claim on it. (I am not cheating the system you still have to pay money to make a claim) Anyways has anyone had any luck getting changed from a 700wx to a 700p or vise versa 700p to a 700wx. (note I have sprint).

And yes I have looked at the 700wx and basically no one at the stores had anything good to say about it, especially for heavy text users (I text 3000+ a month). But it seems that all the program I want to use are only being updated in windows mobil.

I really wish this wasnt the case but I have been a Palm OS user for over 8 years.
    Actually if the screen scratches are affecting the function of the phone you can take it to a Sprint service center and as long as there is no corrosion/liquis damage it will be repaired for free.

This is also NOT cheating the system. ESRP covers accitendal damage except the aforementioned corrosion or damage beyond repair (damage to the main motherboard or the phone in more than 2 pieces).
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I have heard of people getting switched from a 700p to a 700wx on these forums before. I have even seen it at my local Sprint store. But the ones I saw in real life had a long list of complaints...many visits to the store and many minutes of hearing hold music while waiting for Sprint Customer care. A scratch aint gonna do it! Either you'd better be chummy chummy with your local branch manager or you'd better complain about everything and make it known!
    Case in point...read MorningStar's post in this thread...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Case in point...read MorningStar's post in this thread...
    Yea I was reading that.. And thats why I am dumping the Palm OS.. Really has been a great phone for me I have not had a lot of the problems others have had with it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I have heard of people getting switched from a 700p to a 700wx on these forums before. I have even seen it at my local Sprint store. But the ones I saw in real life had a long list of complaints...many visits to the store and many minutes of hearing hold music while waiting for Sprint Customer care. A scratch aint gonna do it! Either you'd better be chummy chummy with your local branch manager or you'd better complain about everything and make it known!
    I cant go to the sprint store I am on a corporate account and can only deal with sprint over the phone. They wont even repair my phone or touch my account at a sprint store. Had this problem with my old A900 basically sprint fed ex's one overnight and I return the old via fed ex.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    I cant go to the sprint store I am on a corporate account and can only deal with sprint over the phone. They wont even repair my phone or touch my account at a sprint store. Had this problem with my old A900 basically sprint fed ex's one overnight and I return the old via fed ex.
    Even more obstacles to overcome...! Doesnt look good for you...hold your breath and wait for the 755p in May!http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138472
    Last edited by BMIC50; 03/06/2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Added link
    At our store we were able to service ANY phone. We couldn't make plan changes and such, but service was available regardless of account type...I had my phone serviced and replaced several times as well as BB and RS employees, Dawn Foods (Kraft) etc. It shouldn't matter who or what type of account you have unless it's your corporate policy.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com