1.    #1  
    Is PDANet good to have if I have unlimited Sprint Vision access? Or should I pay $20 a month more and upgrade to EVDO? Does anybody use PDANet with Sprint that can comment on their satisfaction? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Try the search function. It works wonders.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/searc...archid=6331977
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete View Post
    Try the search function. It works wonders.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/searc...archid=6331977
    Did that long ago... only thing I could come up with regarding Sprint's Vision users and PDANet was from 4 years ago. Thanks for the tip.
    I have both and use only when i don't have a connection.... too much data they may catch on.... use your good sense, don't download files like windows updates that are BIG files!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    I have both and use only when i don't have a connection.... too much data they may catch on.... use your good sense, don't download files like windows updates that are BIG files!
    Thanks! Do you use Vision or EVDO? Did you just set it up as PDANet instructs or did you change something to be able to use Vision? I read somewhere about a 777 number being changed
    Vision is the same as evdo, just called power vision now. Makes no difference and it doesn't dial 777. It uses the normal connection to the internet, just like surfing with blazer.....
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    when i switched from my 650 (vision) to my 700 (powervision) there was no additional charges, it was automatic. So if you have a 700 you are on powervision (EVDO). If not, you should definitely be, otherwise why have a 700?
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    ^If you have a powervison phone, then you are on the EVDO network, if available in your coverage area, no matter if you have a vision or powervision plan. Hope this is clear.

PDAnet on EVDO rocks!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    What he said....as long as your area has EVDO, your phone will be using EVDO, regardless of what they call your plan. And it works great with PDANet.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    What he said....as long as your area has EVDO, your phone will be using EVDO, regardless of what they call your plan. And it works great with PDANet.

Acctually this is not true you can have 700p with EDVO. It based on your plan. But yes get it and yes your PDAnet
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE
    ^???
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^???
    What he said.

So I am on Vision with a 650 and if I go and upgrade to the 700 and tell them not to change my plan I will connect on EVDO and not have to pay the extra money to upgrade to it?

What's the punch line? That means I can have unlimited Internet for 10 bucks?

I have unlimited Internet now on my phone of Vison at 10bucks/month. Old plan and like the price for checking email, movie times, headlines, weather radar, etc..

Not good with Kinoma Player that I just bought though.

This is not even considering using the PDA Net angle.
    ^if you can get them NOT to change your plan, then yes, you will connect to the evdo network with your regular vision plan. However, most powervision capable phones are flagged and once activated will cause regular vision plans to get cancelled. What you might see on your next bill would be casual powervision charges and additional text messages (if you had unlimited w/ your regular plan). Apparently, the old unlimited text plans are not compatible with powervision so that gets cancelled too. So, calls to sprint are inevitable - but you may be able to negotiate the same pricing as your old plan if you sign a new contract. This happened to three out of four of the powervision phones in our accounts.
  14.    #14  
    I also was kicked off Vision when I called to activate my 700 replacement (from 650). My plan was $15 for unlimited vision and $8 unlimited text messaging through the customer retention dept. I asked the activation dept. to transfer me to customer retention and they were able to give me a similar deal ($20 unlimited internet + $8 unlimited text). So your best bet is to talk to them because as you know, they offer unpublished plans and most importantly - are able to bargain.