Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I just updated my Exchange servers for the DST fix, and installed the new version of Good. Here's my issue. Both myself, and my boss, can't use Goodlink. Because we are both domain admins, we cannot grant send as rights to our mailboxes for the goodadmin account. MS's workaround is to have two AD accounts, one with admin rights (for needed admin duties), and one without (for e-mail and everything else).

Does anyone have any workarounds for this? GoodGuy???

Thanks!
    Tim
    Using MotoQ on Sprint
    Supporting Treo 650's, 700P's and MotoQ's on Sprint and Verizon.
    Good Admin too
    i manage the Good server for my company and we have over 1200 devices. Last summer we went through this and we had to use secondary accounts. Fortunatly we already had what we call 1 accounts. 1csr3 is my domain admin account. csr3 is my regular user account. The only thing i can think for you is to forward your email to a generic mailbox and set Good up against that.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Well, I did find this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817433/?sd=RMVP&fr=1

Method 2: Enable inheritance on the adminSDHolder container
    If you enable inheritance on the adminSDHolder container, all members of the protected groups have inherited permissions enabled. In terms of security functionality, this method reverts the behavior of the adminSDHolder container back to the pre-Service Pack 4 functionality.
    I did this, and my account now reflects the changes, but Good still has me as paused with "Exchange Not Accessible". I'm so close I can taste it.
    Tim
    Using MotoQ on Sprint
    Good Admin too
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I got it!!! I found the info on MSExchange.org Run this from a command line on a DC. Change yourdomain to your domain, and BESAdmin with the account you are using (GoodAdmin).

dsacls cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=yourdomain,dc=com /G "BESAdmin:CA;Send As" /I:T
    Here's the thread. http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800405910/printable.htm

It's mostly about BES, but it applies to Good as well.

What a PITA this has been.
    Tim
    Using MotoQ on Sprint
    Good Admin too
  5. twa
    I have one of the quickest workarounds EVER for the GoodAdmin account. Use Active Directory users & computers to locate the user that needs Good to work. Access the properties dialog and visit "Exchange General" tab. Click "Delivery Options" and input your GoodAdmin user into the send on behalf of.

Make sure your changes replicated to the appropriate DC's involved and then you can run the permissions test on the user in question from the good mgmt console.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The only problem with that is everything from the Treo would be from GoodAdmin, on behalf of the user. At least that's how I believe it would work.
    Tim
    Using MotoQ on Sprint
    Good Admin too
    Quote Originally Posted by PCTim View Post
    The only problem with that is everything from the Treo would be from GoodAdmin, on behalf of the user. At least that's how I believe it would work.
    Well, how about them apples! I perfectly agree with you that this SHOULDN'T work (it should mark messages as coming from GoodAdmin), but I tried it, and it WORKS FLAWLESSLY (i.e. messages come from the user.) So twa has, as he says, the quickest workaround ever!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I stand corrected. I wish I saw this while I was trying to fix it in the first place, would've saved me a lot of grief. Oh well, it's working now anyways. I will keep this one in my back pocket for future reference though.
    Tim
    Using MotoQ on Sprint
    Good Admin too