Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. nomadmy's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi Guys,

    Today, I dropped my Treo680, and now it dented all over the place, looks very ugly.

    I need a new Housing. Anybody know where can I get a new housing?

    Appreciate your help!
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
  2. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #2  
    I think it might be a while before housings appear for sale. With the 650, I always wanted the housing from the Black Tie edition. Palm doesn't sell housings though. I think the housing from an unbranded Treo 750 would be neat on the 680, with the rubberized paint, etc. And it should work, but you can't buy one. Also, I have disassembled and reassembled a 680. It's almost impossible to do with damaging something. The last one a friend of mine and I worked on was dead when we were finished. (tried to replace a broken screen) 680s are very, very fragile inside with alot of thin wires, tiny connectors, etc. Good luck if you do find a source for the body.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  3. #3  
    You could search on ebay for a dummy/display unit. Those should be available.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  4. nomadmy's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    The last one a friend of mine and I worked on was dead when we were finished. (tried to replace a broken screen) 680s are very, very fragile inside with alot of thin wires, tiny connectors, etc. Good luck if you do find a source for the body.
    Mike
    That means, it is very unlikely that I can change the housing by myself.

    But my unit is dented badly, I really need something to fix it or replace it. Sigh..........
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
  5. #5  
    If it still works, then all you have done is added character - why not keep it.
  6. nomadmy's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    If it still works, then all you have done is added character - why not keep it.
    Hahahaha... what do you mean by added character? the style of dented spots?
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadmy View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Today, I dropped my Treo680, and now it dented all over the place, looks very ugly.

    I need a new Housing. Anybody know where can I get a new housing?

    Appreciate your help!

    You might try PDAparts:

    http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=RD

    They have a video on taking the 680 apart. If they don't have it, they may be able to either fix it for you or help you get the parts.

  8. #8  
    id suggest you buy a rubberized case from seidio until parts are available

Posting Permissions