Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

Today, I dropped my Treo680, and now it dented all over the place, looks very ugly.

I need a new Housing. Anybody know where can I get a new housing?

Appreciate your help!
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I think it might be a while before housings appear for sale. With the 650, I always wanted the housing from the Black Tie edition. Palm doesn't sell housings though. I think the housing from an unbranded Treo 750 would be neat on the 680, with the rubberized paint, etc. And it should work, but you can't buy one. Also, I have disassembled and reassembled a 680. It's almost impossible to do with damaging something. The last one a friend of mine and I worked on was dead when we were finished. (tried to replace a broken screen) 680s are very, very fragile inside with alot of thin wires, tiny connectors, etc. Good luck if you do find a source for the body.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    You could search on ebay for a dummy/display unit. Those should be available.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    The last one a friend of mine and I worked on was dead when we were finished. (tried to replace a broken screen) 680s are very, very fragile inside with alot of thin wires, tiny connectors, etc. Good luck if you do find a source for the body.
    Mike
    That means, it is very unlikely that I can change the housing by myself.

But my unit is dented badly, I really need something to fix it or replace it. Sigh..........
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    If it still works, then all you have done is added character - why not keep it.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    If it still works, then all you have done is added character - why not keep it.
    Hahahaha... what do you mean by added character? the style of dented spots?
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadmy View Post
    Hi Guys,

Today, I dropped my Treo680, and now it dented all over the place, looks very ugly.

I need a new Housing. Anybody know where can I get a new housing?

Appreciate your help!

You might try PDAparts:

http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=RD

They have a video on taking the 680 apart. If they don't have it, they may be able to either fix it for you or help you get the parts.

id suggest you buy a rubberized case from seidio until parts are available