1. kvz
    Does the Plantronics Discovery 655 work with the Treo 700p? I can get them to recognize each other but that's as far as it goes -- there's no sound on the headset or interaction between the two. What's the best Bluetooth headset for the 700p?
    Hey there,

I just got my 655 at the beginning of this week, and it's mostly working fine. I say "mostly", because there seem to be some times when my 700p and the headset seem to lose their pairing...or something...or maybe the headset goes to sleep or something (the blue indicator light sometimes seems to stop blinking). I do sometimes get seeming random beeps from the headset as it sits in my ear (while not using it), and I'm nto sure what those mean yet.

Definitely, the connection is neither as strong nor as static-free as when paired with my brother's Motorola Q...I'm guessing that's poopiness on the part of the 700p's blueotooth.

=> Shadowhawk
    Hey, apparently, it's a known issue that some bluetooth headsets in combo with the 700p get disconnected after a while. Also, that turning the bluetooth off then back on does weird things to your 700p's existing pairing with a headset:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=10

I read a bunch of stuff in threads around here, and I have the impression that I read that soft resets can fix at least that disconnection problem.
  4. kvz
    Good info -- thanks. I did finally get the pairing to work. And now I pledge to NEVER turn off the headset or the phone. Otherwise, I'm probably back to square one. I've experienced the same "sleep" mode that you have -- a punch of the on/off button on the headset works 9 out of 10 times.
    I experienced a similar problem with my Jabra JX-10. I fixed it by removing the pair, then re-pair, then soft reset the 700p. Now my JX-10 works all the time with the 700p...even after power cycle of either the headset or the phone.
  6. kvz
    A soft reset for the Treo 700p works, too.

To all who have experienced pairing issues with the Treo 700p and the Plantronics 655, here's a response I received from Plantronics about the issue:

The Plantronics Compatibility Guide does not recommend Bluetooth headsets for the Treo 700 series because of issues like you are experiencing. However, if you remove and replace the Treo battery you will reset your phone and the headset Bluetooth link should be reestablished. Apparently, the Bluetooth compatibility of the Treo 700 series is different then the previous 650 series. Contact Palm for any information on fixes.

Those cell phone companies that recommend these two together are doing customers a great disservice.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    on a whim i am testing softick audio gateway - it does not work w/my samsung wep200 but.... my bluetooth connection has not disconnected and has remained rock solid while softick is on the 700p - go figure- it may be worth the $ just to keep my bluetooth from disconnecting