1.    #1  
    I have a weird and incredibly annoying problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Background: I changed jobs and installed Goodlink on my phone (new laptop/same Treo 700p). Since Goodlink took over my whole phone, I want to delete Goodlink Contacts and use Palm Contacts. Which I know how to do (not what this question is about).

Except that do that I need to do a ONE-TIME hotsync and put all my contacts somewhere on my computer -- either Palm Desktop or Outlook.

Except that I can't do that, because everytime I hotsync nothing happens with my Contacts or Calendar folder.

So I deleted ALL my Goodlink programs and did a complete reinstall of Palm Desktop. But when I do the first hotsync the Calendar/Contacts still don't show up in Palm Desktop or Outlook (I've tried both). So...

Then I go to the "Custom" prefs and do either one of two things:

1) Switch Calendar and Contacts to Synchronize or Handheld overrides and check the box "Default." When I do this (for either Contacts or Calendar), Hotsync Manager immediately closes and says there is a bug.

or

2) Just switch Calendar and Contacts to Synchronize or Handheld overrides, without checking the Default box. No bug, but no transfer of Calendar/Contacts to my Outlook or Palm Desktop.

I am desparately trying to figure out a way to transfer all my Contacts (and Calendar, if possible) to Palm Desktop or Outlook. Once I do it once I'll never have to do it again, but I can't do it even once because of this weird bug. I have no idea if Goodlink is causing the problem, but that seems unlikely now that I uninstalled all Goodlink stuff and did a clean Palm install. Still I wouldn't put anything past Goodlink and it's hellbent attempts to control your Treo and all buttons 100%.

Any ideas?
    I don't know anything about Goodlink but it seems to me you must hard reset your Treo, not just remove Goodlink--assuming you've got those contacts backed up somewhere other than the Treo. (And if you don't--shame, shame..;-( )

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Be well, all.

David
    Last edited by dhbuckley; 03/06/2007 at 07:49 AM. Reason: typo