Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just thought I would chime in, and let everyone know I recently installed SnapperMail on my Treo 700P, and it is working very nicely. Super easy interface and itís really all I need. You can either manually check your mail, or set it, to do it automatically. I set mine to check it every 10 minís, and it worked perfectly all day with not a problem pertaining to battery drain.

Just thought I would share my experiences.

Matt
    I really like Snapper, but feel it's too expensive if you need POP support (and who doesn't). The standard version doesn't support it, so you have to upgrade to the Pro version. I use Gmail anyone have a workaround?

I read something about forwarding to fastmail or some such.

The interface is the best I've seen for email.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Snapper has worked flawlessly for me since I first installed it in June 06 after buying Treo 700p.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Hmm, I think the standard Snapper supports POP. IMAP may be extra.,
    Yes, IMAP support is way more(Snapper)...I use Snapper(Fastmail) for emergencies, & Chatter(AOL) as the main e-mail app...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    I really like Snapper, but feel it's too expensive if you need POP support (and who doesn't). The standard version doesn't support it, so you have to upgrade to the Pro version. I use Gmail anyone have a workaround?

I read something about forwarding to fastmail or some such.

The interface is the best I've seen for email.
    I use gmail with versamail... so easy to set up!
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    I use Versa, too but I like Snappers UI better.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Considering Snapper on my Treo 700P (Verizon). Any known problems or things I should consider?

Tried Chatter several months ago and began having resets...so I deleted it and installed again...same thing. I've heard nothing but good things about Chatter, but for some reason just didn't work for me.

My "Prime Directive" (if you will) is to have a stable device, and to add some software that will help make it more useful to my needs.

Thanks for any insights.
    It's very stable on my 700p. Works well for me. I used the auto fetch featue to get my email every 20 mins.
    Give it a go.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  10.    #10  
    The exact message that TurboTiger wrote, would be the same words I would type. Works excellent!

Matt
  11. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I used snapper for a very long time bc of the excellent interface. Started using it on my 300, 650, and then my new 700p. I was looking forward to good attachment download speeds on the 700p, but was surprised that Snapper was so slow in downloading my larger attachments (which is important for my work). I tested Versamail in downloading the same message attachments, and found it was consistently much faster. I corresponded with the attentive Snapper support staff, but they could not speed things up for me. So, now I'm using Versamail because it can download large attachments faster, although I wish I could have Snapper's superior user interface.
    Snapper only has 2 problems I've noticed:

1. On devices with NVFS (Treo 650+), it will sometimes dump all the messages after a device reset or crash. This has not happened to me, though, in a long time (perhaps a few version upgrades fixed this somewhere along the way?)

2. Message downloading to RAM is SLOW - to the point that switching from 1xRTT to EVDO doesn't speed message checking or downloading at all. Uploading seems to be ok, though, even faster in some cases than the download. Downloading directly to memory card is terribly slow, I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Advantages:

1. Nightly it can move any messages you've downloaded to RAM to the SD Card or you can also set it to download directly to SD card (very convenient, but very slow!) The SD Card ability makes it a challenge to a full-blown desktop email client.

2. The best set of features in an email program.

3. Good tech support - including Y! Groups message board with lots of activity.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by J0V3 View Post
    I use gmail with versamail... so easy to set up!
    I do too...are these other options better??
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Ever since I got the 700p Snappermail has an annoying lag where it can take 5 seconds to open a message if none has been read since opening the app. After that, messages open quickly. Did not have the problem on the 600 and none of the recent updates have fixed this delay. I blame Palm of course.
    I used the native mail app on the 600 and now versamail on the 700P (probably the same developer). Both exhibit the annoying problem of expanding mail databases - something to do with how the app handles (holds onto) attachments even if the email is completely deleted. The workaround is to delete the email account or database and start fresh.

Q: Does Snappermail have the expanding database issue?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I actually have a question about snapper: does it load html and images properly on your devices? I never get any images on mine and it would seem strange that such an expensive program wouldn't do this. Thanks.
    Click on the attachment and it will display a menu to open images in an image program. It won't display html/mime messages.
    anyone have any good midi sounds to use with snappermail, i am not sure why they are so outdated and let u use midi tones, chattermail allowed me to use more choices
    I've been using Snapper for 3 years and have been happy with it also. I've tried chatter but went back to Snapper.
    I use the built in "Alert Waterfall'. If you haven't tried it, give it a go.
    good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast