1.    #1  
    I saw this video a bit ago: and one thing I noticed is the screen lock, where when you turn the device back on there's a slider. Is there anything like that for palmos? I constantly pull my treo out to find that it's been on sending emails or deleting contacts or whatever and would love something a bit more pocket proof!
    Quote Originally Posted by nybble View Post
    I saw this video a bit ago: and one thing I noticed is the screen lock, where when you turn the device back on there's a slider. Is there anything like that for palmos? I constantly pull my treo out to find that it's been on sending emails or deleting contacts or whatever and would love something a bit more pocket proof!
    The Apple iPhone does this, and has definitely set a new standard for keyboard locks. I doubt that one could get past the hard Treo keylock, so if this was implemented, you would have to do both (Treo center button and Slide-lock) to access your Treo!
    Butler from Hobbyist Software has an option to do this on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kpritts View Post
    Butler from Hobbyist Software has an option to do this on the Treo.
    Yes it does. So much for Iphone exclusivity.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  5.    #5  
    Huh, thanks for the link - does it work with a slider or some wierd button combo? I was looking at the page and the information on the key lock doesn't really say how it works...
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Only thing you have to do is slide it down. No button press required.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, I just tried this - the problem with it is that it doesn't actually get the center key unlock button to not work. For me, the goal of having that slider is that it makes it quite unlikely that the phone will unlock in my pocket, with the center button still operative, I kinda don't see the point of the slider.

Is there a way to disable the center key unlock? I tried to disable the hard keys, but that just affects the ability of the phone to start on a particular screen and didn't disable the center key..
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Ok, I just tried this - the problem with it is that it doesn't actually get the center key unlock button to not work. For me, the goal of having that slider is that it makes it quite unlikely that the phone will unlock in my pocket, with the center button still operative, I kinda don't see the point of the slider.

Is there a way to disable the center key unlock? I tried to disable the hard keys, but that just affects the ability of the phone to start on a particular screen and didn't disable the center key..
    Butler also has an option on the keyguard for Option + Center. If you enable that, your slider will still work but you shouldn't accidentally unlock by pressing center.
  9.    #9  
    perfect, thanks! Guess I was too focused on disabling the button. Not as pretty as that other one, but just as effective.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    perfect, thanks! Guess I was too focused on disabling the button. Not as pretty as that other one, but just as effective.
    At least this one exists.