Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    i know with other GSM phones there is a way to get them unlocked and also as well have them drbranded, ususally by flashing them with other firmware. anyone know if you can do this with a treo 680 or 750? for example, i am on tmobile and want to buy a locked 680 or 750 for cingular that i can get cheaper, unlock it myself then also make sure it is "debranded" any input on this
    i have done it before with my sony ericsson gsm phone but not sure hwo i would go about doing it with a treo. thanks for the help!
    Nope...
    To add, we haven't yet seen anyone either find a way to flash the unbranded firmware, or to flash a custom ROM.
    Where are all the good hackers these days? It seems like there were so many during the 650 days. I guess they all went to the 700p, or 750 series, or other.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Sometimes it takes an update to be able to modify. The bootloader is differnt than the 650 so the same tools we had for the 650 will not work.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    Where are all the good hackers these days? It seems like there were so many during the 650 days. I guess they all went to the 700p, or 750 series, or other.
    It is one of the possibility Nowadays, palm Treo users are divided into smaller groups aka 700p, 700w, 700wx, 750v, 680. Maybe this is what palm want to reduce the chance to brick their Treos?

United we stand. lol
    Treo Maniac?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Sometimes it takes an update to be able to modify. The bootloader is differnt than the 650 so the same tools we had for the 650 will not work.
    Hey! You changed your Treo
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Hey! You changed your Treo
    I did, tired of waiting for the copper door for extended battery. With the other colors going away for unlocked users and and someone offering full price for my copper I went to the arctic.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS