1.    #1  
    After installing the update from Palm, I noticed the batt life is much better .. but, the phone app is lagging big time now. I recall the last few numbers, dial from contact list or call from my history, it takes forever.

Does anyone else have this problem also?
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 03/05/2007 at 12:56 AM.
    did you run the camera app after the patch?

maybe pull the battery and restart - there was no difference before or after for mine. if your's is new it might not need the patch
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #3  
    yeah i tried all of that ... no luck. I always reset it from LauncherX every 4 hrs and phone app lag.
    It's slower the first launch after reset, and if you have a large call log, it'll slow it down too.

You reset every 4 hours? That's silly. My 680 hasn't reset in 3 weeks now I think.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    It's slower the first launch after reset, and if you have a large call log, it'll slow it down too.

You reset every 4 hours? That's silly. My 680 hasn't reset in 3 weeks now I think.

Call logs and SMS's are all cleared very often.

How often do you reset your computer? Regardless what your doing on it ... I assume you barely reboot your comp.
    It's a habit I have, you gotta refresh your RAM as much as you can. I had a buddy who never rebooted his computer for 6 months, BAMMM ... the thing is ****ed now.
    Glad you mentioned it.. My UPS battery apparently is shot, my server just rebooted today for the first time in 4 years due to a power outage. No, I'm not kidding.

No, I don't reboot things that don't need it. It's a waste of time. The 650 I reset every night because it needed it. The 680 simply does not.
  7.    #7  
    Glad you mentioned it.. My UPS battery apparently is shot, my server just rebooted today for the first time in 4 years due to a power outage. No, I'm not kidding.

No, I don't reboot things that don't need it. It's a waste of time. The 650 I reset every night because it needed it. The 680 simply does not.
    Gotta reboot even with a tiny amount of lag, a comp or pda gotta run smooth.
    Poor Windows user...
  9.    #9  
    Poor Windows user...
    Using any comp w/ any OS ... needs a reboot from time to time, it has nothing to do w/ the OS when you reboot. Your Ram needs it, b/c it can only store so much info & when you don't reboot, your ram is working ultra hard. Using OSX, I reboot right away when I'm about to do some serious graphic design or video editing.