Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

ok so i turned on my 680 about 3 hours agoa dn all my installed apps are gone yet all my saved data like my todo list and memos remain? so what the hell happened?!
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Did you install these apps to the SD card by any chance? If so, your card may need to be reseated or has gone bad.

When I had a 650 and 700p, I had an issue like this when my card would pop out.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    no none of them were on the card, they were all on the phone then suddenly were gone. dont know why but the hotsync log said they were all deleted from the treo. anyway i was able to restore them with the hotsync archives so im lucky in that aspect i guess. but its still very strange and i can't ignore that. though i have to admit thats the first issue i've ever had with my 680 since ealy last month when i got it so im still pleased with it
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Whats the last thing you did before you found it like that?

Whats the last app installed?

A little more info would help!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    calm down...
    i didnt instal anything. the only thing i did yesterday was my bro transferred an image from my phone to his mac with bluetooth. other than that i havent done anything along the lines of syncing or anything
    calm, I am calm
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    hard to believe nothing was done......

well then, you must have a bum unit
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    It could be your PC. If all your installed apps were gone, but your PIM data was still there, something could have happened to your backup folder. Your PC stores all that in a folder in your "Palm" directory called "Backup". You say that you restored from the archive folder . . . was there a "Backup" folder in the same directory as the archive?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    maybe they're all bum units.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    i hadnt hotsynced at all until after that had already happened and i had'nt noticed my games were gone too as they were filed away on a different category ( i don't use "all" as my primary) they when the hotsync generated a log it said that those programs had been deleted from the phone on the phone earlier that day. i found my latest hotsync data of the games and such in the "archive" folder so i reinstalled them so now im back to normal. i dont know what happened but im convinced it was probably my bros mac...macs have egos and delete whatever the hell they dont like, pc's just comply.

completely off topic but i am quite happy with how sturdy the 680 is. ii was driving yesterday and i took a turn and the cell holding mat on my dashboard just let go of my treo when it then proceded to fly into my door panel, hit the floor, and get wedged under the passengers seat of my minivan. but alas not even a scratch, scrape, ding, or any damage at all to the treo after flying around and hitting every possible solid surface in the cabin area XD
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    not even a scratch, scrape, ding, or any damage at all to the treo after flying around and hitting every possible solid surface in the cabin area XD
    cross your fingers -- maybe it knocked some sense back into the thing!

must say I've never heard of that kind of wipeout -- though I have seen a TomTom installation whack out my SD card. you should get something like NVBackup, that would have minimized the pain a bit.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    i use cardbkup but i ahdn't realized at first that i was missing my apps and i wrote over it b/c im a backup freak i do it like every 4 hours or so when im not busy