Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    about half the time I try to send an SMS when I start typing the name, say dfinn for Daniel Finn, in the To: section, it doesn't search the contacts. I end up typing my SMS message, saving as a draft, and then going back to it a couple of times before it will search the contact database.

Anyone else have this? Any solution?

Treo 700p on Verizon

Thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    I just send the SMS from the Contacts app...tap the number, select message
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    nice. I never even though of that. I'll give it a shot, although, my search within contacts is dreadfully slow.

Why did I go to the 700p from me 650? Oh yeah, newer must be better. :-)
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Are you talking about the "find" function? When I'm in contacts, I just type the first couple letters of a contact and the matches pop up immediately.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    nope, doing it just the way you say. If I was looking for myself, I would type dfinn but there would be a good 2 to 3 second pause between each letter to display. Sometimes it will skip letters as well. :-( I've already started another thread asking about that as my contact database is over 12MB in size with over 1000 contacts :-O

thanks again,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Hmmmm...that must be that infamous "lag" I keep reading about. On my 650 and 680, it's pretty much instantly.
    You know, I want to say I read something where some program, maybe Agendus, will handle large databases like that a lot better than the Palm software. Look around on here to see if that's it, but I'm pretty sure it is.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I'll check out those other apps. So very nice to have to shell out more money and time to make this thing do what it should have out of the box. :-|
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx