Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    There are times that the SD card isn't recognized, I click the Home application button and cycle through the categories and Card isn't listed. I pop the card out and then in again and the card is recognized. I did a little searching and saw some recommendations to format the card, which I did.
    It isn't a major problem, except that the nightly NVBackup wont run (I don't believe) if it is supposed to backup to a non-existent card.
    The card, when recognized, works great.
    Is this a known issue?
    Any ideas?
    I have had the same problem with a SanDisk Ultra II 4gb on my 700p. I am returning it and getting a Transcend. There are threads on this that discuss CradleCare being a fix amongst other things. I cant give you answers, but that thread can. Also, be more specific with the type of card youre using.
    Think twice before trading the Sandisk for the Transcend. I have the 4GB Transcend 150x and I have the same problem about once a month. I just reinsert the SD card and everything is fine. However, I had a Sandisk Ultra II 1GB and "upgraded" to the Transcend 4GB card. The Transcend is dramatically slower for both reads and writes. I advise you to keep the Sandisk.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    ...be more specific with the type of card youre using.
    Card Info
    About ... SD02G Toshiba Secure Digital Card
    Name of card... SD 2.0 GB Kingston Technology
    Try a demo of CardleCare and see if that fixes the problem for you (http://www.gotreosoftware.com/products/CradleCare/). I had the same problem as you and CradleCare took care of it.
    Last edited by ToolkiT; 03/05/2007 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Think twice before trading the Sandisk for the Transcend. I have the 4GB Transcend 150x and I have the same problem about once a month. I just reinsert the SD card and everything is fine. However, I had a Sandisk Ultra II 1GB and "upgraded" to the Transcend 4GB card. The Transcend is dramatically slower for both reads and writes. I advise you to keep the Sandisk.
    I got it from eBay, and fear that some things dont match up (the digital name of the card is SD01G and says Lexar as the maker when it is a SanDisk 4gb card. My regular 2gb SanDisk says SD02G and SanDisk. So its going back mainly for that reason alone.