1.    #1  
    Hey can you guys tell me now to make TomTom Navigator not automatically launch each time I insert the SD card? I take the card out and put it back in a lot and I always have to wait for TomTom to load up then exit it.

Oh I have a 700p.

Thanks much
    Nav6 installs a few files in the root of the SD card (ttnavigator.bif and others). You might try moving some or all of them to the Tomtom directory. With Nav5 you could prevent this autostart by moving the start.prc file but that's located in the palm directory so I'm not sure it can be moved or not without affecting basic Nav6 operation.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Here is my solution to Auto loadup of TT... This does the trick.. hope this helps...

Fridayy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nah, you can change the name of start.prc AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $ANY$ $PRC$ $named$ $start$.$prc$ $will$ $autolaunch$ $when$ $the$ $SD$ $card$ $is$ $inserted$, $this$ $is$ $just$ $a$ $shortcut$/$convenience$ $for$ $dedicated$ $memory$ $cards$ $I$ $suppose$. $Such$ $as$ $the$ $one$ $TomTom$ $sends$ $out$.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I use this. It's worked with both my 650 and 700P
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    You can rename the start.prc to something like start.bak and it will stop the auto start. The program will still be in the launcher. I have done this with TT5 and TT6.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    theres also card autorun that i use its very simple and becomes a option in preferences http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1055.html
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayy View Post
    Here is my solution to Auto loadup of TT... This does the trick.. hope this helps...

Fridayy
    I couldn't get this to work with TT6
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    You can rename the start.prc to something like start.bak and it will stop the auto start. The program will still be in the launcher. I have done this with TT5 and TT6.
    That's exactly what I did with both TT5 and TT6 -- works like a charm. (Download and use FileZ if you don't have it already -- it's free.)
  10.    #10  
    Hi everyone. I renamed start.prc to dontstart.bak and it still auto launched so I'll try one of those .prc files that were posted. Thanks much.
    I have tried all 3 of the files in this thread, plus this one:http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilitie...kcardapp.shtml, and the card still starts it's start app or changes to show the contents of the card on my 700p. Are there any other apps that can do this? TIA!
    don't rename delete start.prc from your SD card... its either in Launcher or PALM. But back it up on your computer cause thats the TomTom prc
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I removed the file, and then installed the start.prc to my Palm and run it from there.. Anyone know if any drawbacks to running the program from the palm but the data off the mini-sd card? Seems to work fine.
    nope, that is the way it works anyway (Copies start.prc to main memory when you insert sd anyway)
    I just named mine "Navigator.prc"