Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With the DST update, now Good takes over ALL buttons on my Treo! I did NOT want it to do that. At the moment the only way around it is to undo this every time.

How do I prevent Good from doing this?
    Last edited by sulli; 03/04/2007 at 02:00 PM.
    Sulli, if you discover the answer, please let me know- this button issue is killing me!

split

Talk about an annoying user experience. It looks like GoodGuy is a representative of Good, I'm hoping he or she will address this issue and explain why someone thought it was a good idea to hijack the buttons on the Treo. And even worse, to keep taking them over once a user has set the preference otherwise.

That's obnoxious, and suggests a developer or product manager that is completely out of tune with the desires of their customers.

It's bad enough that you took over the contacts database. Not happy with annoying people that way, you've now decided to take over the buttons as well? This application just
    I downgraded to 4.8 to keep Good from taking over my buttons. The auto start on 4.9 is also screwing me up since I want to run my GPS software and ptunes. This can not be done if GL is loaded.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I downgraded to 4.8 to keep Good from taking over my buttons. The auto start on 4.9 is also screwing me up since I want to run my GPS software and ptunes. This can not be done if GL is loaded.
    What's the process for downgrading? The 4.9 update just showed up on my device and I'd like to get rid of it - this new release is more frustration than it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by drgardner View Post
    What's the process for downgrading? The 4.9 update just showed up on my device and I'd like to get rid of it - this new release is more frustration than it's worth.
    I had to contact my IT department. They were able to move me back to the old release which I installed via OTA download.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Hey Swieder,

What GPS software are you running? I need to get something for my Sales Execs.

Thanks,

cahsdad
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
  8.    #8  
    At least the auto start can be prevented by quitting Goodlink (which restarts the treo with good turned off). But it does not solve the buttons problem.

Goodguy where are you?!
    Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad View Post
    Hey Swieder,

What GPS software are you running? I need to get something for my Sales Execs.

Thanks,

cahsdad
    I use Telenav because I liked their $10 per month subscription model versus paying $250 + upgrades for TomTom software. The needed GPS receiver was $100.
    Quote Originally Posted by sulli View Post
    At least the auto start can be prevented by quitting Goodlink (which restarts the treo with good turned off). But it does not solve the buttons problem.

Goodguy where are you?!
    Even after a reboot I thought that Good on my Treo would still force itself to be turned on. What a turn off!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drgardner View Post

It's bad enough that you took over the contacts database. Not happy with annoying people that way, you've now decided to take over the buttons as well? This application just
    I don't know about the other buttons, but there is a way to use your internal contacts database which will bring back custom ring tones and pictures for each contact.

Use something like Filez and delete the files called something like GoodAddress (I deleted it so I don't know the exact name.)

I think I read that you can also remove the Calendar and other buttons as well, but I haven't tried them.

If this is not what you mean, ignore this post

This has been discussed several times and it would have been nice it Good would have listened. Now that it's Motorola, changes will probably take even longer to implement.
    I too am really annoyed with my contacts being taken over by good, its killing the built in functionality of the phone (picture ID, caller ID, auto add to contacts, etc).

Surge919... i have been waiting for an answer like you provided. I searched for something like GoodAddress, but only found GoodContacts. Is that what you mean?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deanjen1 View Post
    I too am really annoyed with my contacts being taken over by good, its killing the built in functionality of the phone (picture ID, caller ID, auto add to contacts, etc).

Surge919... i have been waiting for an answer like you provided. I searched for something like GoodAddress, but only found GoodContacts. Is that what you mean?
    That must be it.. It's not on my phone so it must be the one I deleted.
    It will need to be re deleted whenever Good upgrades the software, but simply deleting the file restores the internal Contact database.

Also, you can still use the Good Contact list by accessing it from the Good menu.
    Thanks Surge919.

I assume you mean I will still be able to use the GOOD contacts for my email and lookup Corporate Public Folder contacts?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deanjen1 View Post
    Thanks Surge919.

I assume you mean I will still be able to use the GOOD contacts for my email and lookup Corporate Public Folder contacts?
    correct
    I deleted the goodcontacts and somehow they are still being used as my default when i send a new text message or try to call someone from the today screen.

Are you using a Treo 750?
    On a Palm OS device there are two ways to get your native contacts back. The first is a little more invasive and requires a couple of hotsyncs. Basically, hotsync your phone (to make a backup of your contacts) then use the Delete App function (from launcher, menu, delete) to delete the GoodContacts application. Reset your phone (no hard reset) then do a hotsync and you've got your contacts back.

A second, easier way is to use an app like FileZ. Go into the internal memory (make sure the ROM box is checked) and find an app called GoodAddressBookApp. Select it then click on "Details". Under the "Creator" entry change the last character to a 1. Save your changes, reset your phone (no hard reset) and you've got your contacts back.
    Any idea on how to do this on the treo 750 and WM5?

Anyone???
    when I try to delete the GoodContacts, it doesn't exist. I have the following: Good, Calendar, Contacts, Email...and others. Is this 'Contacts' the Good Contacts or Palm Contacts? Also, does this same thing apply to the calendar?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast