Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The 650 is over 3 years old. I don't know of any carriers still selling it (maybe TMO?). We will still be supporting it through March of next year, but 5.0 will not be able to run on it.
    As fast as the mobile market and mobile technology moves these days, it would be pretty unfair to expect GMM to support devices 2 or more years old.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    As fast as the mobile market and mobile technology moves these days, it would be pretty unfair to expect GMM to support devices 2 or more years old.
    That's a fair comment but it still sucks.
    Yeah, I bought a new Treo750 and have a month to return. I have the same problem as mentioned here. After putting Good on it, the contacts got taken over by Goods and now the contact photos have disappeared from the main interface. I have to get company email and must therefore have Good on. But if Good is going to takeover contacts, it will be not worth it for me, and as much as I hate it, I would go back to BB. This is bull **** that Good does that. I would refuse to use them. At least on my 650, I could delete Good contacts but seems no way to do it on 750.

Anyone knows how to stop Good from taking over the Treo750 contacts?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    This has been addressed in this thread here: http://www.chaddickerson.com/blog/20...with-goodlink/

Scroll down to the post by John on December 28 and follow the directions for using FileZ. The exact name of the application to change with FileZ may be different, but the concept is essentially the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJ View Post
    This has been addressed in this thread here: http://www.chaddickerson.com/blog/20...with-goodlink/

Scroll down to the post by John on December 28 and follow the directions for using FileZ. The exact name of the application to change with FileZ may be different, but the concept is essentially the same.
    This is for "Palm based" OS not WM 5. I haven't found anything for WM 5 yet.
    For anyone who absolutely can't wait for the button patch and have a Treo 700p, try LudusP (http://www.ludustech.com/ludusp/). LudusP will let you remap your buttons back to what they should be and takes priority over the Good mappings.

If you're using option buttons (like I was ), Ludus does NOT let you remap those so you're stuck with what Good assigned them to).

It's not a perfect fix, but it's better than nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tstout View Post
    For anyone who absolutely can't wait for the button patch and have a Treo 700p, try LudusP (http://www.ludustech.com/ludusp/). LudusP will let you remap your buttons back to what they should be and takes priority over the Good mappings.

If you're using option buttons (like I was ), Ludus does NOT let you remap those so you're stuck with what Good assigned them to).

It's not a perfect fix, but it's better than nothing.
    Any idea if this works with treo 650? sounds encouraging that someone is trying to address this BUG in Goodlink. yes its a BUG.
    While I am having the same "button" issues with Goodlink, I am also having other troubles with the Good Preferences:

1. The Notification preferences I set through Goodlink (i.e. raising the volume of the alarm from standard to level 6) work randomly and will sometimes reset to the factory settings. I assume this is after a soft reset, which happens 2-3 times a day. (NOTE: I am not sure why these resets happen and sometimes I don't know that they did, I can just tell by the phone chime that starts up on the welcome screen).

2. Sometimes the reminders don't show up at all - they'll display in a big group (one right after another) six hours after they were to occur. This also happens with text messages (from Yahoo and other news services). It's almost like they were stored and then released all at once.

I keep my cell phone on all of the time with the data/phone activated.

In addition to Goodlink, I use Volumecare in the background and occaisionally play a game and/or view a document via D2G.

Any thoughts/ideas? I am running v4.9.3.21`_EN on my Sprint 700p

Thanks!
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Hm. Don't know, but since you havea 700p, i'd attribute some of that erratic behavior to the software on the phone. An upgrade is to be released this week to address a host of issues on the 700p. See blog.palm.com and scroll for the 700p upgrade.

Regarding the button issue, i believe there is a version 4.9.3.34 has addressed the issue.

HTH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    Hm. Don't know, but since you havea 700p, i'd attribute some of that erratic behavior to the software on the phone. An upgrade is to be released this week to address a host of issues on the 700p. See blog.palm.com and scroll for the 700p upgrade.

Regarding the button issue, i believe there is a version 4.9.3.34 has addressed the issue.

HTH.
    Darthkim,
    Thanks for bringing up ver 4.9.3.34
    I just updated to this and NO MORE button hijacking! I love it! I've soft reset, reset again, and buttons are still the way I set them.
    I'm glad Goodlink was listening. I'm actually enjoying GL again.
    I don't think I know how to get the upgraded version. I tried the OTA approach but the version on my phone still says .21_EN. Any ideas out there?

Thanks.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    When new client versions of Good come out, the Admin of the GMM server must make it available to their end users. Whether that may be the corporate heldpesk or your hosted provider, only they can make it availble to you.
    I've noticed that since I 've been using Goodlink, I can't record video.
    I get a "Video Error" message.
    "Unable to encode the video".

If GL is not running, no problem. As soon as GL loads, I get this message.

Anyone having this issue?
    Well, that depends. Which device?

I would guess that GMM is taking up a good chunk of resources, hence preventing the launch of the video app

On a 700w, i would say very possible...
    Treo 650. It's all good until GL automatically starts up. I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent GL from starting up by itself.
    SS - what is the model\carrier and ROM of your device?
    - how much free memory do you have on internal memory and storage device>
    - are you writing video to the SD card or internal which in itself takes up considerable space?
    - have you tried soft reset, then use Exit from GMM Good Launcher?

hope that helps solve the issue or at least flesh out information for others to make suggestions.
    Evader has a good point.

On that last point. after GL starts up. and then you go to the good launcher, hit "exit from GMM".

Then are you able to do the video?

on the 700w, it was weird, but i couldn't use the shortcut key on the side of the phone (which opened up WM player). It would error out even though i could launch WM Player separately. Exiting GMM did the trick.

My guess it is a resource issue...
    I'm running Treo 650 Cingular/ATT

As soon as GL launches, even if I quit or exit it, the video won't work after that. I have to reset and run video before GL launches again.

I've pretty much have given up and now just don't use video.

Thanks for making suggestions guys.
    *bump* any solution for this? It's incredibly annoying. Is there a work around? Even some kind of third party app?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234