Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sooks View Post
    You've got to be kidding me...that's a poor response for a major bug. This is a bad enough bug that I am strongly considering switching to the blackberry. I can't be the only one.
    Is this really a "Major" bug? I don't really think so. It's annoying yes, but how often do you guys reset your phone? I maybe resent mine once every two or three weeks and I just go and reset the buttons. Takes, what, a minute?

A major bug would be a problem without any kind of workaround.

Josh
    No, I guess you can't qualify it as a major bug because it does not impair GMM functionality. But it does impair the functionality of everything else. Because soft resets are a unfortunate necessity om WM5 (and GMM is one of the major culprits of needing soft resets) this is quite an annoying bug. Thus the large uproar you have seen in multiple threads. Many of us really try to use these devices as daily workhorses with multiple softwares loaded. So soft resets for most of us are a way of life. To have to reprogram your buttons constantly is like having to rebuild the Start Menu on your desktop every time you reboot.

If you relate this same type of problem into another area of your life it suddenly illustrates how absurd it is. Say you have a new $30,000 car and its packed full of great features that all work great together...gps, dvd player, 6 CD changer, cruise control, power windows, etc. Then you decide to install the Good Satellite Radio system. After you do this you notice that the electronic seat settings default back to the factory position every time you start the car. So every time you get in the car you have to readjust your seat. The car still runs and the satellite radio works, but should you really have to do this because of the knuckleheads that designed your satellite radio system?

I believe that we are not only paying Good for reliable push email and synchronization, but is implied that we are also paying them not to hijack and cripple the other parts of the platform it resides on.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Spoke further with our product group. As of today, we are going to target a maintenance release this quarter (look for end of May, early June) that will correct the button mapping issue.

I realize that this may not be the answer people are looking for, but at least you got them to hear you.
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    No, I guess you can't qualify it as a major bug because it does not impair GMM functionality. But it does impair the functionality of everything else. Because soft resets are a unfortunate necessity om WM5 (and GMM is one of the major culprits of needing soft resets) this is quite an annoying bug. Thus the large uproar you have seen in multiple threads. Many of us really try to use these devices as daily workhorses with multiple softwares loaded. So soft resets for most of us are a way of life. To have to reprogram your buttons constantly is like having to rebuild the Start Menu on your desktop every time you reboot.

If you relate this same type of problem into another area of your life it suddenly illustrates how absurd it is. Say you have a new $30,000 car and its packed full of great features that all work great together...gps, dvd player, 6 CD changer, cruise control, power windows, etc. Then you decide to install the Good Satellite Radio system. After you do this you notice that the electronic seat settings default back to the factory position every time you start the car. So every time you get in the car you have to readjust your seat. The car still runs and the satellite radio works, but should you really have to do this because of the knuckleheads that designed your satellite radio system?

I believe that we are not only paying Good for reliable push email and synchronization, but is implied that we are also paying them not to hijack and cripple the other parts of the platform it resides on.
    I can see your point and I do agree it's a total pain in the a**, I was just making a point that there is a workaround and the phone still works pretty well. I guess I'm not used to a lot of resets. I have a 700p and like I said, I maybe reset once a month. Of course, everyone is different.

Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Spoke further with our product group. As of today, we are going to target a maintenance release this quarter (look for end of May, early June) that will correct the button mapping issue.

I realize that this may not be the answer people are looking for, but at least you got them to hear you.
    GoodGuy,

This is actually good news. While I would love an immediate patch, I can put up with 30-60 days wait. (90-120 days was not a good option). Thanks to you and Good for being responsive.

Ben
    BC
    Well maybe I am just impatient. 2+ months to fix a bug that breaks other parts of my device unrelated to the GMM application just seems way out of bounds to me. I guess I have been spoiled by a lot of the other 3rd party app support teams whose software I have purchased. They usually fix their own bugs in a matter of days and send out fixes to their loyal and paying customers.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I guess Motorola doesn't deem "breaking a device's preferences" major enough to warrant a hotfix. Now, if Goodlink deleted your data, then you'd bet they'd be forced to issue a hotfix.

Look, at least they're issuing a patch faster than Palm. Palm will issue their Treo 700p patch nearly a year after their product was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by drgardner View Post
    I've been following this for several days and I've seen nothing on this board - to be fair, I've not tried to contact Good technical support. But I'm probably done with Goodlink...last Saturday, I began having problems with my 650 endlessly resetting. Getting it to stop required a full reset of the system, which wiped all the personal data. I've no idea if it was something with the new release of Goodlink, or with a dst update from Palm. The device had been largely problem free - other than memory issues associated with Good - for the last year or so.

I've not restored Good since the reset - and I'm balancing the difficulty of not having immediate access to corporate email, with the benefit of being able to run apps other than Good on my device. At this point, I'm planning on looking at trying the most recent version of VersaMail which reportedly supports ActiveSync. If that works, it would address the email issue - which is my primary requirement - with an application that has proven to be relatively stable and well behaved.
    Finally someone who has been having the same problems. I have a Treo 750v running Goodlink server at 4.9.3. All of a sudden over the daylight savings time weekend by device started locking up when Goodlink started. I reset about a billion times...finally I just removed Goodlink altogether. I did not have any more problem. I applied the microsoft fix for DST, reloaded Goodlink & have the same problems. Again I had to remove in order for my device to start working again. I hope something gets fixed because I need my corporate email & at this point is my only alternative........funny thing is our IT person has a 8125 & Goodlink still works okay except for the calendar is off an hour. The lock ups must be Treo specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by teride View Post
    Finally someone who has been having the same problems. I have a Treo 750v running Goodlink server at 4.9.3. All of a sudden over the daylight savings time weekend by device started locking up when Goodlink started. I reset about a billion times...finally I just removed Goodlink altogether. I did not have any more problem. I applied the microsoft fix for DST, reloaded Goodlink & have the same problems. Again I had to remove in order for my device to start working again. I hope something gets fixed because I need my corporate email & at this point is my only alternative........funny thing is our IT person has a 8125 & Goodlink still works okay except for the calendar is off an hour. The lock ups must be Treo specific.
    It seems that Good now autoloads. It clashes with other applications that autoload. I had the problem with DBCache (which was solved by unchecking Clear After Reset and excluding Good). Other applications which also autoload may be conflicting.
    BC
    Quote Originally Posted by sooks View Post
    It seems that Good now autoloads. It clashes with other applications that autoload. I had the problem with DBCache (which was solved by unchecking Clear After Reset and excluding Good). Other applications which also autoload may be conflicting.
    When you say "autoload" do you mean programs such as SPB Weather? What about when the device checks for POP3 emails every hour, or Sprite Backup that is scheduled for once a week? Where is the unchecking "Clear After Reset"? I did suspect that it could be conflicting with another software...I didn't notice having to reset as much prior to the DST change so thought maybe it was due to that somehow. I don't have a whole lot loaded on my phone;

Main Mem
    SPB Pocket Plus
    SPB Weather
    PhoneAlarm
    Pocket Quicken
    Hide Logo

Memory Card
    Ewallet
    Memmaid
    Tweaks2k
    Sprite Backup
    Tip Calc
  11.    #51  
    Goodguy, thanks for listening. Just please make sure that the patch doesn't break anything else!
  12. mjf
    I spoke with our PM team regarding this and it definitely was a bug with 4.9.3. It is known and will be fixed in version 5, slated for release Q3/Q4.
    Thanks for pulling through with this GoodGuy. Our company recently upgraded to 4.9.3.21 and the button issue really is a royal pain in the tush.
    Every single time I run Good Link, I need to reset my buttons. Glad it will be fixed relatively soon. Thanks again for your responsiveness.
    Palm Pilot Personal -->Palm Personal with 2MB upgrade-->Palm IIIe-->Palm IIIXe-->Palm VIIx-->Palm i705-->Treo 600-->Treo700p
    Quote Originally Posted by teride View Post
    When you say "autoload" do you mean programs such as SPB Weather? What about when the device checks for POP3 emails every hour, or Sprite Backup that is scheduled for once a week? Where is the unchecking "Clear After Reset"? I did suspect that it could be conflicting with another software...I didn't notice having to reset as much prior to the DST change so thought maybe it was due to that somehow. I don't have a whole lot loaded on my phone;

Main Mem
    SPB Pocket Plus
    SPB Weather
    PhoneAlarm
    Pocket Quicken
    Hide Logo

Memory Card
    Ewallet
    Memmaid
    Tweaks2k
    Sprite Backup
    Tip Calc

I'm still having problems with Goodlink on the Treo 750v but not my TyTn. Those of you with Cingular plans do you have the actual Good Messaging plan thru Cingular? I was told by a Cingular Rep that this was needed to run Goodlink. Yet my TyTn runs it just fine & I have the MediaMax 200 bundle. Can someone share the "connection" settings on their Treo 750 with me? I know I can look at the TyTn settings but I would like to compare another 750's connection settings with mine.
    We got a message from our company today

"All Treo Users,
    Ever since the DST patch and Goodlink application upgrade, some employees have reported their Palm Treo's have become less reliable. Goodlink has a new version which should fix these problems. I will be pushing out this application upgrade which you should get prior to the end of business today. "

This morning 4.9.3.24_EN was pushed out.

The last version was 4.9.3.21_EN and this was when everything went downhill. Hijacking of buttons, frequent resets(2-5 times per day), GL overriding our own "pref" settings and returning button mapping back to Good's, and overall slower operation of the Treo.

So far with the 4.9.3.24_EN release, I've noticed that the ONLY difference is that Goodlink doesn't automatically launch after reset. Still hijacks the buttons, and that's my main issue.

Does anyone know what this new update is supposed to do specifically. Other than make it more reliable?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadySprings View Post
    We got a message from our company today

"All Treo Users,
    Ever since the DST patch and Goodlink application upgrade, some employees have reported their Palm Treo's have become less reliable. Goodlink has a new version which should fix these problems. I will be pushing out this application upgrade which you should get prior to the end of business today. "

This morning 4.9.3.24_EN was pushed out.

The last version was 4.9.3.21_EN and this was when everything went downhill. Hijacking of buttons, frequent resets(2-5 times per day), GL overriding our own "pref" settings and returning button mapping back to Good's, and overall slower operation of the Treo.

So far with the 4.9.3.24_EN release, I've noticed that the ONLY difference is that Goodlink doesn't automatically launch after reset. Still hijacks the buttons, and that's my main issue.

Does anyone know what this new update is supposed to do specifically. Other than make it more reliable?
    The key fix 4.9.3.24 corrects is a bug in 4.9.3.21 where if GMM enforces power on password policy, Treo 680 devices would frequently see squares or boxes instead of **** masking the password as it is entered and authentication would fail. Workaround was fairly reliable with warm reset but annoying since policy forces a password every 20 minutes of inactivity. The good news was this patch was released within a week if I recall once we (and others no doubt) submitted it as a bug with diag logs.

I think Goods focus is 99% on 5.0 beta because it has a ton of new features and fixes and a 4.9.3.x patch is important but a lower priority.
    when is 5 due out?
    Actually, the bugfix release has taken a bit higher priority now to the point it has pushed back the beta release of 5.0. I sent several threads from TC to our PM group and combined with feedback from others, it made them realize the issue was more than a 'nuisance'.

5.0 targetted release is mid- to late-Q3, so I would look for it around September. Again, that all depends on how the beta goes.
    Actually, the bugfix release has taken a bit higher priority now to the point it has pushed back the beta release of 5.0. I sent several threads from TC to our PM group and combined with feedback from others, it made them realize the issue was more than a 'nuisance'.

5.0 targetted release is mid- to late-Q3, so I would look for it around September. Again, that all depends on how the beta goes.
    Is 5.0 able to run on Treo 650's?
    I heard may not be enough memory or rom or ??
    Yup, all 32 meg devices have been axed from 5.0 (600, 650, 700w, and a couple other devices).

There is another thread about it around tc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    Yup, all 32 meg devices have been axed from 5.0 (600, 650, 700w, and a couple other devices).

There is another thread about it around tc.
    That's no GOOD
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast