Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 80
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by deanjen1 View Post
    Any idea on how to do this on the treo 750 and WM5?
    Supposedly with the 4.9.3.20 client there's an option to use either GL or native contacts. I just got my 700wx today so I've not had a chance to check into this.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by kspinak View Post
    I have the following: Good, Calendar, Contacts, Email...and others. Is this 'Contacts' the Good Contacts or Palm Contacts? Also, does this same thing apply to the calendar?
    The app you want to delete would be Contacts. In the list it shows up under Good, slightly indented. Sounds like you're using a WM phone though. This won't work for that.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    Supposedly with the 4.9.3.20 client there's an option to use either GL or native contacts. I just got my 700wx today so I've not had a chance to check into this.
    I'm running 4.9.3.21 and cant find any such option..... its driving me crazy.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by deanjen1 View Post
    I'm running 4.9.3.21 and cant find any such option..... its driving me crazy.
    FWIW, voice command will search through the native contacts on your phone. For instance, my wife's number is not in my Outlook at work (I like to keep personal things separate from work things). When I activate VC and say "Call wife on cell" it finds her contact info in the PO's contacts and gets ready to dial the number. Not necessarily picture dialing but better than no contacts at all.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    The app you want to delete would be Contacts. In the list it shows up under Good, slightly indented. Sounds like you're using a WM phone though. This won't work for that.
    I have a Treo 700p. should there be 2 Contact entries listed?
    Last edited by kspinak; 03/19/2007 at 09:35 AM.
  6. #26  
    I see that people seem to have worked out the contacts problem, but is there any news on the button stealing? Is this going to be corrected soon, or has it just been decided that this is how Good is going to behave going forward? I have Goodlink installed on my personal phone and while I like having access to my corporate email, it's not worth giving up control of my own Treo just to have access to it.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpson View Post
    ...Is this going to be corrected soon, or has it just been decided that this is how Good is going to behave going forward?...
    I've been following this for several days and I've seen nothing on this board - to be fair, I've not tried to contact Good technical support. But I'm probably done with Goodlink...last Saturday, I began having problems with my 650 endlessly resetting. Getting it to stop required a full reset of the system, which wiped all the personal data. I've no idea if it was something with the new release of Goodlink, or with a dst update from Palm. The device had been largely problem free - other than memory issues associated with Good - for the last year or so.

    I've not restored Good since the reset - and I'm balancing the difficulty of not having immediate access to corporate email, with the benefit of being able to run apps other than Good on my device. At this point, I'm planning on looking at trying the most recent version of VersaMail which reportedly supports ActiveSync. If that works, it would address the email issue - which is my primary requirement - with an application that has proven to be relatively stable and well behaved.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by drgardner View Post


    Talk about an annoying user experience. It looks like GoodGuy is a representative of Good, I'm hoping he or she will address this issue and explain why someone thought it was a good idea to hijack the buttons on the Treo. And even worse, to keep taking them over once a user has set the preference otherwise.

    That's obnoxious, and suggests a developer or product manager that is completely out of tune with the desires of their customers.

    It's bad enough that you took over the contacts database. Not happy with annoying people that way, you've now decided to take over the buttons as well? This application just
    I feel the same way. At least with the last version you could make changes in prefs-> buttons and it would stick. Now it gets all reset back to GL buttons after each reset.
  9. #29  
    It's unfortunate that GoodLink now steals the hardware button settings every time it starts up.

    Before the 4.9 version, GoodLink would only steal them once, when it was first installed. You could easily reset them back to what you wanted (except Contacts, but there was a workaround for this.)

    Now, GoodLink steals the buttons every time, and has even taken additional steps to break the old workarounds for Contacts!

    When the workarounds now are applied, instead of getting the native Palm Contacts, you get an empty white screen. This is GoodLink, saying to you: "My way, or the highway"....

    As for me, I chose the highway. GoodLink has now been deleted from my Palm.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krellan View Post
    It's unfortunate that GoodLink now steals the hardware button settings every time it starts up.

    Before the 4.9 version, GoodLink would only steal them once, when it was first installed. You could easily reset them back to what you wanted (except Contacts, but there was a workaround for this.)

    Now, GoodLink steals the buttons every time, and has even taken additional steps to break the old workarounds for Contacts!

    When the workarounds now are applied, instead of getting the native Palm Contacts, you get an empty white screen. This is GoodLink, saying to you: "My way, or the highway"....

    As for me, I chose the highway. GoodLink has now been deleted from my Palm.
    Unfortunately, my company is running GL and we're stuck for now. We have over 100 Treo users running GL and almost all of us have complained. We are now looking for an alternative. Having all these Microsoft policies on our computers was bad enough, but now the Goodlink software takes it to a totally new unacceptable level.

    If there are any good programmer hackers out there, I'd easily cough up $20 for an app to get my buttons back.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadySprings View Post
    Unfortunately, my company is running GL and we're stuck for now. We have over 100 Treo users running GL and almost all of us have complained. We are now looking for an alternative.
    Don't know if Good will listen to you, having "only" 100 users, but it's worth a shot. If enough paying customers complain, then they will be forced to listen.

    Unfortunately, it's about all that can be done at this point....

    Good has clearly shifted their market focus to the largest enterprises, the corporations who buy tens of thousands of user licenses at a time, and give Treos to their employees with the express intention that they be only used for GoodLink, nothing else. Good is clearly being more aggressive about reprogramming the guts of the Treo to respond only to their software, and shut out the rest of the Treo functionality, as suits this market.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krellan View Post
    Don't know if Good will listen to you, having "only" 100 users, but it's worth a shot. If enough paying customers complain, then they will be forced to listen.

    Unfortunately, it's about all that can be done at this point....

    Good has clearly shifted their market focus to the largest enterprises, the corporations who buy tens of thousands of user licenses at a time, and give Treos to their employees with the express intention that they be only used for GoodLink, nothing else. Good is clearly being more aggressive about reprogramming the guts of the Treo to respond only to their software, and shut out the rest of the Treo functionality, as suits this market.
    The nice thing is I do have the option to uninstall Good software which I am now seriously considering. I'm researching if there's another way to get push email from my companies MS Server deal. I hate Outlook, contacts, and all their other apps. all I want is the ability to get my emails. Everything else I'm sticking with DateBk, Takephone, etc.

    Anyone know if there's a different way to get push email from corporate? Can Chatter or snapper be configured to do that?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krellan View Post
    Don't know if Good will listen to you, having "only" 100 users, but it's worth a shot. If enough paying customers complain, then they will be forced to listen.
    Well, I finally had to uninstall myself after being forced one too many times to go through all the steps to set my device up how I want it. I assume that Good is aware of how much this is frustrating their users, but it doesn't look like there's any desire to fix the problem.

    My organization is not one of these 100 user orgs, I work for the one of the big US telecommunications companies. I can tell you that I'm not the only person at the headquarters who is frustrated with Goodlink.
  14. SpriteGF's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #34  
    I too am trying to get my company to downgrade me to a previous release. The way Goodlink takes over my Treo is way too draconian. I want my button preferences back!

    Unfortunately my company doesn't provide Exchange ActiveSync capabilities, so I'm stuck with Goodlink even if I don't want it.
  15. SpriteGF's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #35  
    My company refused to downgrade me because version 4.8 doesn't have the new DST rules. How lame!
  16. #36  
    I spoke with our PM team regarding this and it definitely was a bug with 4.9.3. It is known and will be fixed in version 5, slated for release Q3/Q4.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    I spoke with our PM team regarding this and it definitely was a bug with 4.9.3. It is known and will be fixed in version 5, slated for release Q3/Q4.
    Q3/Q4 is way too long for a bug fix to the button problem. We need this fix NOW or at least within the next 7 to 10 days!

    Who's with me?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  18. #38  
    Just a suggestion, but maybe the development team should introduce a QA process into their new releases. Again, just a suggestion. It's always one step forward, two steps back. Somebody needs to put a tent over that circus.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    I spoke with our PM team regarding this and it definitely was a bug with 4.9.3. It is known and will be fixed in version 5, slated for release Q3/Q4.
    You've got to be kidding me...that's a poor response for a major bug. This is a bad enough bug that I am strongly considering switching to the blackberry. I can't be the only one.
    BC
  20. #40  
    Guys,

    If you feel this strongly about this bug, I would recommend complaining this to your account rep. I know this forum is helpful for all sorts of things, but i would voice this concern with your account rep. After all Goodguy is just one person.

    Granted, this bug seems pretty bad, but overall i've been satisfied with the progress this product has been making and they appear to hear some of our feature requests (sms from gmm contact, exit gmm option, etc)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions