1.    #1  
    I recently acquired a new(?) Treo650 via Sprint. My Treo600 "died" on me, and since I had insurance, Sprint gave me the 650. Unfortunately they could NOT provide me the Installation CD.

I downloaded the software via the Palm site, but have been having challenges in installing it. I'm running XP Media Center OS (Windows).

I've downloaded the software.
    Un-zipped the files.
    During "install" everything appears to be going fine .. but 2 1/2 hours (?) later .. nothing appears to be happening .. I get the "install bar" completely filled .. but no "hour glass" showing me anythings going on?

Any hints?

Any sources for Sprint Install CD? (I did search and find a source/link "here" for the install CD program.)

Is there a difference between Install CDs? IE .. Sprint vs Verizon vs Cingular for the 650?
    did you try the Sprint CD download from here?:

Treo 650 CD Now Available For Download

I think there might be an issue with Windows Media Center XP and Palm Desktop. This is the info at Palm's website: http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001
    Chief Communications Officer, Astraware
    Quote Originally Posted by NQZTOR View Post
    Is there a difference between Install CDs? IE .. Sprint vs Verizon vs Cingular for the 650?
    There is a difference in the three...each installation CD is specific to it's carrier.
    I had the Treo 650 and the have the Treo 700P desktops installed on my Windows XP Media Edition tower and have not run into any issues. . . . . knock on wood.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by alsicole View Post
    I think there might be an issue with Windows Media Center XP and Palm Desktop. This is the info at Palm's website: http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001
    Thanks for the link ..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    did you try the Sprint CD download from here?:

Treo 650 CD Now Available For Download

I did see that link .. and am considering trying that if I can't find an install CD.

Thanks ..