1.    #1  
    Hello all, I just got my 700p Friday, and I've been putzing with it all weekend. So far I really like it.

I waffled between the "p" and the "wx". I had windows mobile on a PDA and found it way too complex for a simple device, so I went "p".

This board really helped me with information before I bought.

Interesting note: my brother bought the wx on the same day, so we can do a comparison.

John
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Enjoy, but go real slow when trying new applications. Some may cause indigestion and if you add too many at once you won't be able to figure out which one isn't playing nice.
  3.    #3  
    That's the plan.

I'm, not bashing the people who have 50 different extra programs, but I just can't see more than about 5 "staple" add-ons for me. The rest I can get via the web.

I'll add 1, give it a week to play nice, then add the next.

Along the same lines -- any way to dump some of these "AOL" like icons like "get bc" or "software"? I'll never use them, and they just take up space.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    there is an application called OBFUSCATE which hides some of the icons from view
    Welcome to the world of Treo. There are lots of geeks here, including myself, so feel free to ask any & all questions & PM me personally if you need help/advice
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    jthelman,
    Welcome to TreoCentral and enjoy your new Treo.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Yeah, welcome aboard! As you obviously know by now, many of us have some pretty serious issues with the phone. However, that doesn't change the fact that when it's working properly, it's a pretty amazing machine. Some free apps that I know play nice which I find very useful:

google maps
    directory assistance
    verichat (ok, it's not free, but...there's lots of threads on this site about how to get it working well for free)
    palmmame (inanse arcade game emulator)

have fun, and don't be shy about asking questions.

-split