1.    #1  
    Just moved from a Treo 600 with Goodlink for my office e-mail, calendar, contacts, etc. to a Treo 680, also with Goodlink.

On my 600 I could set up "Favorites" in the phone app for friends and family and assign individual ringtones, photos, etc.

I tried to set up the same thing on the 680 in the Palm "Contacts" section. I set up my wife as a "Contact", assigned her pic and ringtone, then called my phone from hers. It displayed her phone number and name from the CID, but didn't play the ringtone I assigned to her, just the Cingular default ringtone, and didn't show her pic. It appears as though it is pulling the Goodlink contact info rather than the Palm "Contacts" info/settings.

This wasn't a problem on my 600. Does anyone know how I can have the Palm "Contacts" info supercede the Goodlink contact info?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Take a look at this. This should solve your problem.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136371
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Just moved from a Treo 600 with Goodlink for my office e-mail, calendar, contacts, etc. to a Treo 680, also with Goodlink.

On my 600 I could set up "Favorites" in the phone app for friends and family and assign individual ringtones, photos, etc.

I tried to set up the same thing on the 680 in the Palm "Contacts" section. I set up my wife as a "Contact", assigned her pic and ringtone, then called my phone from hers. It displayed her phone number and name from the CID, but didn't play the ringtone I assigned to her, just the Cingular default ringtone, and didn't show her pic. It appears as though it is pulling the Goodlink contact info rather than the Palm "Contacts" info/settings.

This wasn't a problem on my 600. Does anyone know how I can have the Palm "Contacts" info supercede the Goodlink contact info?

You may also want to look here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77
    Last edited by Familyman; 03/04/2007 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to add link.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Enable Palm Contacts with a GoodLink Enabled Device

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Make sure you Hotsync to get the latest information updated.

2. On the Palm, Go to Palm Home and select the menu key and the
    Delete option

3. At the top of the list, you should see GoodLink, GoodPrefs and
    then Contacts someplace close by. The size of Contacts will vary
    because this is REAL DATA, that is why it is important to Hotsync
    BEFORE doing this.

4. Delete Contacts and do a Soft Reset

5. VERY IMPORTANT part II Change the Hotsync manager to Outlook or
    Palm Desktop overwrites Palm. If you do not do this, Hotsync will
    erase the Desktop information to get parity with the Palm which we
    ERASED the database for.

6. After this crucial Hotsync life is back to normal and Hotsync
    manager can be changed back to Synch both. KEEP IN MIND!!!!! If the
    customer upgrades to a newer version of Good or Re-installs, the
    hack/redirect is re-initiated and these steps must be taken again.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the redirect Familyman! I new there was a Goodlink Subforum here at TC, I just couldn't remeber where and was searching from my handheld.

The fix is pretty annoying, actually. I just got done trying out a 750 for a month and the Outlook Contacts integration via Exchange ActiveSync was so much more robust and effective. I had all these choices for categories and could have it all in one place. Seems pretty dumb to have to have separate Palm Contacts for folks that I already have in Outlook Contacts. Why can't I just assign pics and ringtones in Good to my Outlook Contacts so they can get triggered by CID?

It's crazy that this worked on my trusty OLD Treo 600 by using the native "Favorites" which overrode the GL and it can't work on a three-years-newer phone!!!!!