1.    #1  
    Hello. I have a very basic question. I must be missing some stuff from the kit to install Tom Tom Navigator 6 on my Treo 650 with the Sedio G4850 GPS.

I must have missed the instructions for installing to the Treo. I plugged Treo into the hot sync cable and then ran the setup from the Tom Tom CD. It installed Tom Tom home, but it just installed the software and did nothing with the Treo. I don't see anything for installing conduits or actually installing the software on the Treo.

So, how was I supposed to have installed the software to the Treo?

And how was the GPS hookup supposed to be done? I only see DC power input, so how do I "turn the GPS unit on" as one instructional diagram (the wall chart) seems to indicate?

I know these are basic questions, but I must have missed something right up front.

Appreciate any help.
    Tomtom Home will install Navigator to an SD card if you put it into a card reader on the PC. It does not install via hotsync. If you have a program such as Card Export that makes your treo appear as a card reader to your PC you can do that instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by KIRKholmes View Post
    And how was the GPS hookup supposed to be done? I only see DC power input, so how do I "turn the GPS unit on" as one instructional diagram (the wall chart) seems to indicate?
    The GPS unit communicates with the Treo via Bluetooth. There's a slider switch on the side of the unit to turn it on.
    Kenji
    Quote Originally Posted by kenji View Post
    The GPS unit communicates with the Treo via Bluetooth. There's a slider switch on the side of the unit to turn it on.
    Not sure that he is talking about a Bluetooth GPS unit.

Quote Originally Posted by KIRKholmes View Post
    Tom Tom Navigator 6 on my Treo 650 with the Sedio G4850 GPS.
    I believe this Seidio GPS is a cradle that also serves as a charger for the Treo and it's built in GPS receiver is on whenever the cradle has power. The GPS is "wired" to Nav6 if the Treo is in the cradle. I'm not positive but you may have to configure Nav6 for other NMEA GPS receiver. The manual for the Seidio GPS should tell you.