Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    just installed the Palmdesktop software from my new Treo 680: Getting statted CD. However on pressing the Hotsync button on the cable jack, nothing happens. Log states : never synchronised.

Can my jack be defective? I examined the jack on the hotsync cable. It has only 5 pins. How many
    does yours have?

I am sure I did not force the jack into the Treo as I already have a Clie and know how to treat these pins with care.

Your input please.

John
    Is your Hotsync application running on your PC? You should see it's red/blue icon in the system tray.
    Are you using USB0, attached to your computer's motherboard in the back or a powered hub? Other USB connections may not have sufficient power.

Is the USB connector firmly seated?

Do other USB devices work in that slot?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Are you using USB0, attached to your computer's motherboard in the back or a powered hub? Other USB connections may not have sufficient power.

Is the USB connector firmly seated?

Do other USB devices work in that slot?
    I am synching from a laptop with low battery level. I'll recharge & see. It is firmly connected to the motherboard.

How many pins does your sync cable jack have? Mine has only 5.

John
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have the same problem every once in a while. A soft synch solves it for me.