Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know if there's a "best of tricks" thread for the 680 ,but I have only just discovered 2 Fantastic and probably obvious functions and I have to share .
    #1. In contacts under Dial Preferences you can instantly add assigned area code to any of your 7 digit numbers man that was fun . Plus there's add a 1 in front and other options
    #2 hold down the home key for instant last 8 used applications . Man Daaaa! I know I'm a Dweeb but if I can help just one other dweeb ..............

Please share YOUR fave' 680 tricks or show me a link..Thanks
    Option button plus menu button will give you a quick dimming of screen and keyboard backlights.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Pressing the Green button while in the Phone app brings up a redial menu for recently dialed numbers.
  4.    #4  
    You Go ! For me it would be most useful if the log to calendar went to the time and date of call but its a cool feature
    When the dog bites
    When the bee stings
    When I'm feeling sad
    I remember a few of my favorite things and the I don't feel so sad.
    :P I couldn't resist.
    ... then I dont feel so bad?
    yeah that
    It goes... "I SIMPLY remember my favorite things..."

(Sad that I know that).

So Do La FA ME Do Ray... So Do La Tee Do Ray Do
    When You Know the notes to sing... You can sing most any- thing

Anybody for the Lonely Goatheard?

Trivia Notes: Edelvise is not the national anthem of Austria.
    It was made-up by Rodgers & Hammerstein for the movie.
    Descendants of the Von Trapps still travel and perform music, in lederhosen, yet!

(really, really sad that I know all that)
    Last edited by duanedude1; 03/04/2007 at 01:53 AM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Ok, back to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-like features of the 680...

You probably know that pressing Option-Power will turn on keyguard as you are turning off your 680. However, this also works in reverse: if you turn on your Treo with Option-Power, it will automatically override the keyguard, so you don't have to press Center before getting started.
    OH my........... well then back on topic........
    I like that my 680............
    runs Palm OS.

I like the dedicated call/end call keys.
    I liked the singing better...
    You take the good with the bad:

I like that I can have the mobileCLOCK pop-up assigned to a key and have it pop-up when the 680 is off...

It happens this way because the native 680 keyguard is defective.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post

Ok, back to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-like features of the 680...

...<snip>
    Mahatma Ghandi walked barefoot everywhere, to the point that his feet became quite thick and hard. He also was quite a spiritual person. Even when he was not on a hunger strike, he did not eat much and became quite thin and frail. Furthermore, due to his diet, he wound up with very bad breath.

He therefore came to be known as a...

"Super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis."
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    Mahatma Ghandi walked barefoot everywhere, to the point that his feet became quite thick and hard. He also was quite a spiritual person. Even when he was not on a hunger strike, he did not eat much and became quite thin and frail. Furthermore, due to his diet, he wound up with very bad breath.

He therefore came to be known as a...

"Super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis."
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I needed that this morning...

Really, really sad that I enjoyed that so much.
    Pressing the Green button while in the Phone app brings up a redial menu for recently dialed numbers.
    Hmmm...this one doesn't work for me for some reason. Just yesterday I was trying to redial my last number the way I did it on my 650 (holding down the phone button), and couldn't make it work. I had to go to the call log screen, select the number, and push the green button.
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek View Post
    Hmmm...this one doesn't work for me for some reason. Just yesterday I was trying to redial my last number the way I did it on my 650 (holding down the phone button), and couldn't make it work. I had to go to the call log screen, select the number, and push the green button.
    This one seemed intermittent to me until I realized it doesn't work (on my 680 at least) on the keypad dial screen...

It works quite well though, if you select the phone app represented by the middle (handset) tab or directly by selecting the phone app using the first button and then pressing the green button.
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek View Post
    Are you pressing, or holding down? For me it works with a press.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I like the hidden easter egg that enables the taxi that drives across the screen occasionally. http://mytreo.net/treofaq/EasterEggs
    PalmIII>PalmIIIxe>Palm TungstenT>Treo650>Treo680
    Are you pressing, or holding down? For me it works with a press.
    On the wallpaper screen, not dialpad screen...right?
  19.    #19  
    [QUOTE=Big_OTR_Fan;1212082]You take the good with the bad:

I like that I can have the mobileCLOCK pop-up assigned to a key and have it pop-up when the 680 is off...

It happens this way because the native 680 keyguard is defective.

Hey that sounds interesting which key? I cant find it
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jackskid View Post
    I like the hidden easter egg that enables the taxi that drives across the screen occasionally. http://mytreo.net/treofaq/EasterEggs
    I found the egg no taxi yet . All I get is Roaches!
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...rREF=&siteid=1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast