1.    #1  
    My Treo 700p has been experiencing numerous drop calls on the Sprint Network. These drop calls have been in places where I did not experience drop calls in past like my home (sitting at my desk). The drop calls have become intrusive and began annoying my callers, so it was time to look into the situation. I need to call Sprint and ask for reimbursement. Before making this call, several questions come to mind.

My first question relates to Sprint blaming the phone and platform itself. Has anyone been experiencing drops calls with the Treo 700p? Would any software on the Treo infer with the cellular radio? I have large variety of software on my Treo; but the Treo has been stable. Could the cellular radio have issues and the phone need replacement? My Treo is still under the one year warranty.
    Do you have the latest PRL update...20226? Check phone info.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I can't remember the last time my 700p dropped a call, other than moving into a no-signal area.

Sounds like a network problem to me.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Does your Treo say "Network Signal Faded" when you are dropping these calls?

If so, my guess is that you need a PRL update.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    honestly i dont remember when the last time i dropped a call...but where do i check my phone info, so I know if i need an update? also, how do i update?
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Does your Treo say "Network Signal Faded" when you are dropping these calls?

If so, my guess is that you need a PRL update.
    Not always true...I have the latest update 20226 and I have been having issues with dropped calls in certain areas of my house and I sometimes get "Network Signal Faded" prompt. Usually I rarely drop calls on Sprints network in my area but since I moved into a new home further out in the country, I live right in a bad area which on Sprints map is just a square mile and the rest is strong coverage around my area and I moved in the middle of the only week square mile of coverage...go figure. I am still sticking with Sprint. I do roam on Verizons network at times.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I have had a bunch of drops in the past 4-6 months they have told me it is because of the murge with Nextel They said will be better in 6 months to a year.
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE
    u need to watch more TV and the commercials. switch to the network with the fewest dropped calls and u will be happy...Cingular sucks.
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Do you have the latest PRL update...20226? Check phone info.

What does PRL update have to do with dropped calls. I thought PRL had to with which carrier you phone looked to roam on in the event you didn't get a Sprint signal.

Am I wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx889 View Post
    What does PRL update have to do with dropped calls. I thought PRL had to with which carrier you phone looked to roam on in the event you didn't get a Sprint signal.

Am I wrong?
    To my understanding, it is the programming of your phone to the network's towers. As they usually add more towers (or have more roaming agreements), a new PRL is required for your phone/Treo to take advantage of this increased coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx889 View Post

Am I wrong?
    I am no spacejockey...I jsut wnodered if yuo did. Yuor rgiht, it deonst matetr.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by neville310 View Post
    My Treo 700p has been experiencing numerous drop calls on the Sprint Network. These drop calls have been in places where I did not experience drop calls in past like my home (sitting at my desk). The drop calls have become intrusive and began annoying my callers, so it was time to look into the situation.
    I have the latest PRL and I am experiencing the same issue, actually i had to look at the OP's ID i thought I wrote this because it describes my problem to the teeth. I am in Zip code 17033, where are you? are you on EvDo or not, I am not and I think they are updating the towers here and that could be part of the problem.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I can't remember the last time my 700p dropped a call, other than moving into a no-signal area.
    Same here.
    It seems to be network issues. I walked into my sprint store 3 times in the past month to complain about dropped calls at work, last week I went to work and noticed everywhere in the building I now had full bars, no more roaming on Verizon, I was both impressed and happy!
    Only dropped calls are on the same 50 yards of road thru a hollow on the fringe of Sprint's, Verizon's, and Altell's service areas . . . . .
    I think the pin drop in Sprints past commericals is starting to make sense to me...well at least the drop part but we got clear calls and thats all that matters.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I to have historically never had a problem with dropped calls but in the last couple months have gotten more "network signal faded..." dropped calls in places i never had it before on Sprint. I have PRL 26
    Quote Originally Posted by bscheffel View Post
    I to have historically never had a problem with dropped calls but in the last couple months have gotten more "network signal faded..." dropped calls in places i never had it before on Sprint. I have PRL 26
    Call Sprint, file a trouble ticket, otherwise if you don't tell them about it they won't know to fix it. Also post it in their new user forums at www.buzzaboutwireless.com and see if they can do anything about it.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    You drop calls but have a completely stable 700p? I don't think I've dropped a call except for a few due to no signal (in known no-signal areas) but I'm having stability issues like everyone else.
    My 700p is very stable, so don't assume everyone has your problems.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.