1.    #1  
    I read on another thread (here or somewhere else) that it is a good idea to completely drain the battery to "calibrate" the sensor.

So I am doing, and the battery meter currently indicates 0% charge.

However, when I go into Battery Graph, it indicates that there are 3490 Mv. In fact, the 0% charge started when there were 3640Mv, so it has been at "0" for quite some time.

Is it just me, or does the battery meter calibration seem to be WAY off? How low will the charge go before you can't turn on the Treo (in terms of Mv)? Why is the meter off by so much? Will draining it then charging it completely fix the situation?

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by cjvitek View Post
    I read on another thread (here or somewhere else) that it is a good idea to completely drain the battery to "calibrate" the sensor.

However, when I go into Battery Graph, it indicates that there are 3490 Mv. In fact, the 0% charge started when there were 3640Mv, so it has been at "0" for quite some time.

Is it just me, or does the battery meter calibration seem to be WAY off? How low will the charge go before you can't turn on the Treo (in terms of Mv)? Why is the meter off by so much? Will draining it then charging it completely fix the situation?

Chris
    I'm certainly no expert (a noob, actually), but I followed the instructions for a calibration-reset/charge mentioned in this thread...and others...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138054

I had to wait almost 4-hours from the time that the meter showed no charge last night (but showed 4%) until it totally died with a loud "beep". I woke up at the beep, and plugged in the charger. This morning, I unplugged the charger...and the phone showed an all-time high of 99%. Obviously, my meter needed a re-calibration. I am waiting to see if my battery life is improved...and to what extent.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    You might also want to check the three potential solutions offered at:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134559
    --Nelson
    Holy crap! I followed the whole calibration routine and (by the way charging with the usb instead of the power cable) I got my 680 to say 100%...! (it would usually only go to 99%)I then used the web for a bit and left the phone on over night and this morning (10 hours later) it says 93%, not bad. I do thave the camera patch installed so will see how she does.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjvitek View Post

Chris
    Batteries supply there power through current, not voltage. It is possible to have a battery with the proper voltage and it will not have enough current to provide full power. It would take discussion of Ohm's Law and the relationship of current, voltage, and resistance to make it fully understood. I'm not sure how and why Battery Graph displays the way it displays, that would take an explanation from the program author. I personally would think it would be better to have it show power instead of volts.

I think BatteryGraph just plots data it gets from the device, in both voltage and percent life.

Look for battery.prc, available right here on TC (although buried in a thread or three), for a current reading (don't know about its absolute accuracy, but it seems relatively accurate).